In Love with Lewis Prescott

Pub Date 21 Feb 2023 | Archive Date 23 Mar 2023

Talking about this book? Use #InLovewithLewisPrescott #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A woman’s peaceful life is turned upside down when a bad-boy TV star comes to town in Sarah Smith’s new laugh-out-loud romantic comedy

She needs a break

Fed up with the long hours at her prestigious San Francisco architecture firm, Harper Ellorza has traded the overcrowded city for the sleepy seaside town of Half Moon Bay. Her plan to renovate her late grandparents’ house has hit some snags, though: it’s in worse condition than expected, the costs are piling up and her savings are dwindling—fast.

He needs to hide out

A chance encounter with TV hunk Lewis Prescott might be the solution to her problems. After a career-killing meltdown, he’s desperate for a place to lie low for a while. He offers to help Harper remodel the house—for free—if she lets him stay there. He’s famous, he’s handsome and he’s surprisingly good with his hands…

They need each other

As their living arrangements become more intimate, so do their conversations. Turns out, there’s more to Lewis than she ever would have guessed, but Harper knows she needs to keep her hands—and her heart—to herself. After all, her hard-earned quiet coastal life could never be enough for a TV star determined to return to the A-list. Could it?

I Heart SF

Book 1: The Close-Up
Book 2: In Love with Lewis Prescott

She needs a break

Fed up with the long hours at her prestigious...

PAGES 352

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

'In Love with Lewis Prescott' is the second book in a series by Sarah Smith. I didn't read the first book in the series, but I didn't feel lost when I read this one. I plan to go back and read the first book, just because I enjoyed this one so much! This book is steamy!!!! If you're looking for a steamy, swoon-worthy romance to get swept up in, this is the book for you!

Harper moves into her late grandparents' house to fix it up the way that they always wanted, but her grandparents could never afford it. Harper is an architect, and this is the perfect project for her. The problem is that she hires a contractor who does a poor job, and she has put too much money in the house. She's running out of options... until she literally runs into tv show heartthrob, Lewis Prescott. Lewis is coming off a celebrity scandal, and he's trying to lay low in a sleepy seaside town. When he runs into Harper, they connect, and he offers to help her fix up her house in exchange for her allowing him to live in her home and help him hide out. Lewis worked as a contractor in the past, and now, he can use those skills to help Harper fix up her house.

As the two become roommates, they start to realize how much they have in common, and both of them fight their attraction to each other. They spend their time working side by side to fix up the house, and they spend all of their time together. As their bond grows, will they be able to share their feelings with each other or will they just remain friends?

I loved this book because the characters felt so real and believable. I love a forced proximity romance, and this one really delivered. I definitely recommend this book.

Thanks to NetGalley and Carina Press for an ARC of this amazing book.

Another 5 stars!!!! I can not get enough of Sarah Smith’s books! She is one of my favorite and go to author! This book had me laughing, sweating and brought back great memories of my own Filipino family! Keep them coming Sarah, cause I’ll always be ready in line to get your next upcoming book!