The Cupsnake Escape

Book 2

Pub Date 06 Feb 2024 | Archive Date 15 Mar 2024
Red Chair Press, Red Chair Press Books for Young Readers

Talking about this book? Use #Frankinschool #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Fred and Luisa find themselves in trouble once again when the new student mixes up recipes at their class's bakery field trip, leading to snakes running amok.

While the students scramble out of the school in fear, Fred and Luisa suspect their old friend Frank is behind the Great Cupsnake Escape. Once again they put their creativity, their cooperation, and their courage to the test—but will it be enough to save the school from the snakes?

While the students scramble out of the...

Advance Praise

“Kids will love the relatable characters in Caryn Rivadeneira’s delightfully creepy–and not too scary–tale about the power of imagination and the meaning of grace.” — Sonja Anderson, Elementary School Librarian and author of Sophie’s Quest.

“Relatable, funny, and just the right about of creepy, kids will love Fred and his friends and their life-affirming adventures.” — Jennifer Grant, award-winning author of Once Upon a Time, Not So Long Ago

“The author crafts an unusual story akin to Danny Dunn or Encyclopedia Brown… An engrossing story that will delight all readers with its intriguing tale of self-discovery, transformation, magic, and changed interpersonal relationship skills.”  –D. Donovan, Editor, Donovan’s Literary Svcs

Marketing Plan

National & Regional Advertising

Book signings and Author appearances

National & Regional Advertising

Book signings and Author appearances

PAGES 120

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Thank you so much to Red Chair Press and Netgalley for the ebook to read and review.

Fred is taking part in an annual baking contest at the high school, he’s nervous to take part as everyone around him deems him a cheater, due to his grandma being a judge. He writes out a poem and just like last time he’s transported to being Frankinschool again, seeing Frank the ghost.

Really interesting story, I thought it odd that everyone bullied him and called him a cheater though as you literally cannot cheat at a blind judge contest, his grandma wouldn’t have any clue which was his, plus he did it with friends so it’s not all just him.

I liked the concept of the baking contest and his friends doing it with him, that it was all a spooky theme for the contest it was a really good storyline. I liked that even at this new school his poetry powers create a way of sending him and his friends into this other world again. I liked that his new friend Drake had a style of his own, I really liked that they were all helping with ghost Franks new business endeavour of removing snakes and mice, it was really funny.

It’s another great story in the series with more great illustrations showcasing the story and characters. I think lots of kids would love this series it’s funny, unique and they are really easy to read. The storylines are always interesting and fun.

Children learn so well when they story is entertaining and they can talk about what happened with their friends. This book fits all those requirements and more. The topics fit so well with my 5-8 year old group that they took turns reading it to each other again, then asked for another book! As their adult, I loved it too. Great iilustrations, a story with a Halloween theme but not scary, and an invaluable lesson. 5 cupcakes.....er.... stars!!!

Caryn Rivadeneira's second book in the "Frankinschool" series, "Cupsnakes on the Run," is an imaginative, spooky, and, dare I say "ooky" story. That we meet a new character, Drake, who joins the mystery-solving team is a fun addition. From Medusa to magic glitter to the ghostly reappearance of Frank, this one is another delightful read.

Thank you NetGalley, for providing me with this arc in exchange for my honest review.

This was the perfect book to read on Halloween! It had all kinds of spooky creatures and it was fun, smart, creative, heartwarming and magical.

When Fred and his teammates Drake and Luisa, arrive at the Ook and Spook High School Bake-off competition, Fred is nervous and worried. He loves baking and they’ve created an amazing recipe, but his grandmother is a judge at the competition and people are so mean about that to him, even with the blind taste-testing.

But when something unexpected happens, thanks to a friendly ghost and the power of poems, Fred and his teammates have to work together to set things right. And their recipe becomes so much more than something to participate in a contest with!

A book with a beautiful and fun cover and a great story, that kids will love, inside!

had so much fun reading this book, the story is so adorable and the illustrations were so well done and charming, there’s so many little details in every page that I couldn’t stop but be mesmerized by it all. I will definitely be recommending it! Thank you netgalley and the publisher for this early copy

This was really cute! I didn't realize the first one was going to be a series and then I seen this and was intrigued. It was kind of interesting the author brought in Frank from the first book to create more shenanigans. The kids are really cute and this was just a fun cute book.

Thanks #Netgalley and #RedChairPress for the eARC in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are mine.
Read this with my 10 year old neighbor. Fun book for both of us! Especially the cup snakes!! We giggled and giggled! We enjoyed this so much she wants me to find the fist in the series.

Caryn Rivadeneira does it again in the FrankinSchool series, it has the creepy cool elements throughout. The characters felt like they were suppose to and I enjoyed the Monster school elements. It left me wanting to read more in this series and from the author.

This book was perfect for my 7 year old. We read it together. It was a quick read and very silly. We love books like Magic Tree House and Bailey School Kids and this book has the same quirky charm.

The font size and illustrations were great for the audience.

Halloween stories that aren’t scary are appreciated and I love having options in my classroom. I’ll definitely be adding this one!

Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book.