Blame the Stars

A Very Good, Totally Accurate Collection of Astrological Advice

Pub Date 21 May 2024 | Archive Date 20 May 2024

Talking about this book? Use #BlametheStars #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Part surrealism, part humor, and part affectionate guidance, Blame the Stars is a wild adventure into a world of uniquely alternative zodiac signs.

Welcome to the world of Horror Scoops: a weird and wonderful twist on classic zodiac signs. Meet passionate and wild Lemo (a.k.a. Leo), kind Lehbrah (Libra), steadfast Clopricrumb (Capricorn), Germini the Twrnnns (take two guesses), and others—signs which, although slightly silly, reveal more about us than we realize.

Part One dives deep into each sign, offering insightful tidbits and advice on love, life, and work (for example, if you’re an Arbys, consider a career as a Pie-Eating Competition Judge, a Horse Observer, or a Horse Observer Observer). Part Two details a year’s worth of sign-specific guidance, Scoop-holidays (like January 15, the Day of Remembrance for Fallen Houseplants), and journal prompts to spark deep introspection. Full of colorful illustrations from Scoops creator and accidental astrologer Heather Buchanan, lots of entertaining nonsense, and occasional sense-sense, Blame the Stars offers the ideal way to contemplate the mysteries of the universe (or have a giggle).

Welcome to the world of Horror Scoops: a weird and...

EDITION Hardcover
PAGES 208

Thank you to Netgally for providing this ARC.
Do you like reading your horoscope? Do you like silly but relatable tidbits? Then this is the book for you! I enjoyed reading the horror scoop book! Usually, I just look at my own horoscope in these kinds of books, but I was interested in reading the horror scoops of all the signs. The introductions into the months were somehow very relatable to me. The holiday section was nice because sometimes we need to be reminded to be silly, restorative, and/or thoughtful to others. The monthly prompts were also nice and lighthearted as well as sometimes being very thought provoking. I particularly like the racoon one!

I have been following Horror Scoops for a while now and it always makes me laugh. Easily one of my favorite Instagram accounts. When I saw this book, I screamed. It is perfect and hilarious. I cannot wait for this to come out because I'm getting it for everyone I know.

*thank you netgalley for providing me this arc in exchange for an honest review*
the first thing i said when i got to the first page was "oh, this is everything"

this. book. is. hilarious

first thing's first--this book is a GREAT gift idea! for that person in your life that loves horoscopes, the person that is a horoscope anti or the person that doesn't care for it but doesn't hate it....honestly, very likely to confuse astrology with astronomy...can you picture that person? yes, that person. this book is for everybody and i think everyone would get a good kick out of it.

the narrator's voice is casual and witty, which makes it easy to read and every joke lands. also this book is so light-hearted and fun, it's the perfect "pick me up".

i loved it AND the illustrations were cute too
this book is aesthetically pleasing, hilarious and is like you had a conversation with the mad-hatter!

5/5 stars

This book was so much fun! I love the ridiculous descriptions for each of the signs and the funny names that they were given. The artwork is just as amazing as you'd expect it to be in this book. Is it weird that it was pretty dead on for me as a Aquarkiflus. My friends and I were reading each of our signs and just laughing the whole time. HIGHLY recommend!

This book was everything I expected it to be: ridiculous, charming, ridiculously charming.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the imaginative horoscopes conjured up by Buchanan in this eclectic collection.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I probably just wasn't the audience for this, because I found it more silly than fun, and I usually love silly.
Astrology is silly anyway, and Ms Buchanan has created an entire new astrological system with a lot of details. It was more random than anything, to me.
Thanks to NetGalley for letting me read this

This book was so much fun!
I hadn't heard of Horrorscoops before reading this so I had no knowledge of what they do on Instragram but the descriptions given for each sign were hilarious. Everything was so informative even when it was all presented as a joke. The writers knew what they were talking about with each sign and definitely gave their all in writing this book.

Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with an ARC.