The Devotional Life
Cultivating an Intimate Relationship with God through His Word and Prayer
by Dr. Patrick Oben
You must sign in to see if this title is available for request. Sign In or Register Now
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 12 Dec 2023 | Archive Date 31 May 2024
Patrick Oben, Deshen Publishing, LLC
Ever felt a deep longing in your heart for God? That’s His voice you've heard calling you to draw close.
Regrettably, many of God’s children, like Samuel, continue to hear that voice but either do not recognize it or fail to respond properly. The result? Many are dissatisfied with their relationship with the Lord. Their hearts hunger for a closeness that seems unattainable—rather than experiencing daily spiritual fullness, they struggle with spiritual dryness or emptiness. Some try to read the Bible or pray as they know they should but find themselves either unsure of how to do so effectively or overwhelmed by life's demands, including work and family.
In "The Devotional Life," Dr. Patrick Oben merges his meticulousness as a physician with the clarity of a Bible teacher to offer insights that are both deep and easy to understand. This book is not a daily devotional; it offers a revelatory look at what God says about our quiet times with Him.
Reading this book, you can expect to:
- Deepen your relationship with God and satisfy that deep longing to know Him intimately.
- Gain deep insights into personal prayer and feeding on God’s Word.
- Master the devotional Bible study and never see the Bible the same way again.
- Discern God’s voice during your quiet time and unlock a new chapter in your walk with Him.
- Develop a step-by-step routine for your quiet time, uniquely tailored to your schedule.
- End any cycle of spiritual dryness and feelings of emptiness forever.
Begin your journey to a rich and satisfying relationship with the Lord with "The Devotional Life: Cultivating Intimacy with God Through His Word and Prayer.