Eating My Words

And 128 Other Poems

Pub Date 05 Mar 2024 | Archive Date 29 Feb 2024
Lerner Publishing Group, Millbrook Press ™

Talking about this book? Use #EatingMyWords #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

At lunch, / I ate three cans / of alphabet soup. / An hour later / I had / thesaurus / throat / ever.

Brian Cleary brings his trademark humor and wordplay to middle grade readers in this poetry collection. Featuring limericks, concrete poems, haiku, quatrains, acrostics, and much more, the book is in equal parts entertaining and educational. Spot illustrations accompany the poems, as do brief notes about poetic forms and poetic devices. An exceedingly accessible resource for poetry month—and all year round!

A Note From the Publisher

This title is also available as a library bound for $34.65 (ISBN: 9781728487649).

Advance Praise

"An astounding work–the crème de la crème from the best of the best!"— Kenn Nesbitt, former US Children's Poet Laureate

PAGES 120