Enemy of the State

Book 2 of The Killing Room Series

Pub Date Aug 20 2024 | Archive Date Sep 03 2024

Talking about this book? Use #EnemyoftheState #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From USA Today bestselling author Robert Swartwood comes Enemy of the State, the propulsive, thrilling, and much anticipated follow-up to The Killing Room …

The world believed Daniel Burke was dead.

But before Burke can even get on the plane, his old team has tracked him down.

The CIA believes Daniel Burke is a traitor—an enemy of the state—who must answer for his crimes. But others in government simply want him dead.

Knowing he’s been set up, Burke is the only one who can track down and expose the real traitor—before it’s too late.

The world believed Daniel Burke was dead.

At...

A Note From the Publisher

Robert Swartwood is the USA Today bestselling author of The Serial Killer’s Wife, No Shelter, Man of Wax, and several other novels. He’s also the author of Girl Gone Mad and One Year Gone, written under the pseudonym Avery Bishop. Enemy of the State is the sequel to The Killing Room, which was nominated for an International Thriller Writers Award.

Marketing Plan

• USA Today bestselling author
  • National and regional reviews and features
  • Social media campaign
  • Thriller-fiction buzz mailing
  • Digital advertising campaign
  • Bookseller and library trade show marketing

• USA Today bestselling author
  • National and regional reviews and features
  • Social media campaign
  • Thriller-fiction buzz mailing
  • Digital advertising campaign
  • Bookseller and library trade show...

EDITION Paperback
PAGES 390

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This is the 2nd novel in the Killing Room series. If you like fast-paced, trilling government novels about the CIA you are in for a surprise.

Daniel Burke is thought to be a traitor by the CIA. First, thought to be dead, but now we know he is not. Burke knows he is not a traitor and tries to prove his innocence.
Love this series. So professional and nail biting.

Enemy of the State by Robert Swartwood is the second novel in the Daniel Burke series. Events take place after The Killing Room so it is best that you read it first, otherwise you may not follow some of the action. And action is here in abundance.

There are plenty of twists and unexpected turns in the plot. Swartwood ratchets up the tension in every chapter. All of the twists were fair and not out of left field.

We have crooked politicians, white supremacists and CIS assassination squads. The descriptions of the scenes are very vivid. It is very cinematic.

I loved Enemy of the State and I thank Net Galley for the chance to read it in exchange for this review. I look forward to Daniel Burke #3.

""𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆, 𝒂𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒔 𝑼𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒆 𝑺𝒂𝒎 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆.""🏛

Special thanks to @thrillerbookloversthepulse @robertswartwood @blackstonepublishing and @netgalley for the #gifted eARC.

👉🏼 swipe for synopsis ➡️

MY REVIEW:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 [4.5 rounded up to 5]

If you like action packed thrills then look no further. This book will keep you turning those pages, wanting to find out who is really behind it all.

This is book #2 in The Killing Room Series by Robert Swartwood. If anyone remembers I LOVED that book last year. I couldn't get enough. This one started out very rough around the edges for me. A little more military style than I'm used to reading, but once I got into the storyline - it really flowed.
You also then start to see the flashbacks to book 1 and understand the correlation.

This time instead of hunting down the bad guys, he's running from them while trying to decipher who is the ultimate "bad guy in charge". He knows the ins and outs, but can he outsmart them? The ending left me stunned!!

This is another fabulous installment and I'm almost wondering that ending leaves enough open for a book #3🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

PREORDER THIS ONE NOW!

PUB DATE:
Aug, 20, 2024

QOTD ❓️⁉️❓️ Do you prefer series or stand-alones?

AOTD - I usually prefer stand alones but lately ive been reading quite a few series!

#mysteryandthrills #thrillerbooklovers #thepulse #pulsepoint #enemyofthestate #robertswartwood #

Wahoooooooooo! 💃You hear me yelling and see me dancing from here! Robert Swartwood once again delivers an edge of your seat, heart-pounding, nerve wracking, hair raising, exciting story that will keep you flipping pages as fast as you can!💥 I just absolutely love this “Jason Bourne-esque” series. Daniel Burke is such a strong and intelligent character who can get out of just about any complex scenario. 👊🏻I cannot get enough of how creative Daniel is when he’s put in a tough spot. This series for me is completely addicting and Robert sets it up where dun dun dun….will be more! I am telling you all you MUST read this series. Killing Room was the first book in this series and it is not to be missed! It was a top book for me of the year last year so you can imagine my excitement as I received this one! If you are looking for a fast paced, action packed, filled with traitorous ways make sure to mark your calendars for August because you will not want to miss this stressful wild ride! 🇷🇺

This is book 2 in the series, but if you haven’t read book one there are enough clues to know what is going on. Somebody is shot and then goes to the hospital and he collects the friend of his brother, the doctor and she helps him through the rest of the book. They travel across the country to various locations trying to figure out how to stop the people who are attacking our country. Can’t wait for book 3!

Great book and series!! Wow action packed storyline! This book and series is definitely worth reading! This book had suspense, intrigue, action, murder, great shootouts, high speed chases, a few who done it, and some crazy twists and turns! I highly recommend reading this book and series! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!
The world believed Daniel Burke was dead. At least, the few people in the government who knew he existed did. Once part of an elite black op team, Burke faked his death so he could avenge his brother. Now that those responsible have been brought to justice, he plans to leave the country and start a new life. But before Burke can even get on the plane, his old team has tracked him down. The CIA believes Daniel Burke is a traitor, an enemy of the state, who must answer for his crimes. But others in government simply want him dead. Knowing he’s been set up, Burke is the only one who can track down and expose the real traitor, before it’s too late!

We last left Danny Burke waiting to board a plane out of Las Vegas where he just completed a mission of a personal nature.
An unauthorized phone call from the Black Ops team sent to take him out warns him if he gets on the plane, he's going to die, because well, Daniel Burke is supposed to be dead already. What is Danny going to do to get out of this, and what else is he going to get himself into along the way?

Robert Swartwood doesn't pull any punches starting the 2nd book in the Killing Room series, and keeps a great pace throughout.
I did have to take a minute to recall some of the players, as it's been 6 months since I read The Killing Room, but it all came back to me!

Thank you, NetGalley and Blackstone Publishing, for the chance to review this book.

The sequel to The Killing Room?!! OMG yes please!!! The Killing Room made my top 🔝 ten last year!! 😍

Pub date is August 20th!! 🥳🥳🥳

Seriously @robertswartwood does it again… we start off at Mach 10 from page one!! Guess what?! It never lets up!!! 😍 We picked up right where we left off… ✈️… if you read the first book… you know what I am talking about. 😳 Honestly though… the author does such a fantastic job of getting you up to speed that this could definitely be read as a standalone… HOWEVER… the first book is pretty… phenomenal… so you don’t want to miss it. 😉

Once again our guy Daniel is on the run 🏃… the government wants him… dead ☠️ or alive… they don’t really care… they just want him. 😳 How crazy is that? Let’s just say… I will never look 👀 at a toolbox 🧰 the same way… Hellooo pliers. 😬😳😳

Fast paced… action packed… @robertswartwood delivers an excellent second installment… We want more!!! 👏👏