The Women We've Been Waiting For

A 40-Day Devotional for Self-Care, Resilience, and Communal Flourishing

Pub Date Sep 24 2024 | Archive Date Sep 27 2024

Talking about this book? Use #TheWomenWeveBeenWaitingFor #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

These days, society tells women they can buy self-care in a store or cross it off a to-do list.

In this 40-day devotional, Tiffany Bluhm invites women into a deeper, more meaningful understanding of self-care that includes faith, rest, joy, lament, collaboration, and empowerment. Bluhm shows how self-care is critical to women's spiritual growth and empowerment to make a difference in the world.

The Women We've Been Waiting For weaves together Scripture, liturgies, and stories of historical figures to show women that caring for themselves is the first step toward renewing their own souls and tackling the social problems they care most about. Bluhm draws from her own writing as well as guest contributions from a diverse group of ministers, authors, and activists. Each devotion invites readers to learn from women who have managed tension, survived the seemingly impossible, and embodied a resilient faith.

Readers will emerge from their 40-day journey with a more vibrant spirituality to fuel them in their everyday lives.

Advance Praise

“Immerse yourself in the stories, lives, and actions of biblical women and historical figures for healing, restoration, and flourishing. This devotional by Tiffany Bluhm is refreshing, nourishing, and empowering. Read and reflect on Bluhm’s words for sustenance, self-care, and encouragement.”—Grace Ji-Sun Kim, professor of theology, Earlham School of Religion; author of When God Became White and Invisible

“Most women I know long for mothers and sisters who will walk with us, navigate challenges beside us, and offer us wisdom when we don’t know which way is up. Luckily, Tiffany Bluhm and her coalition of powerhouse writers have seen that longing and answered it with a round of introductions. As it turns out, the women we’ve been waiting for were around us—and within us—the whole time.”—Shannon K. Evans, author of The Mystics Would Like a Word, Feminist Prayers for My Daughter, and Rewilding Motherhood

PAGES 256

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

A healthy reflection on true biblical women and femininity, with thoughts on perseverance, authenticity, and overcoming sexism.

(I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review)

I received a free copy of, The Women We've Been Waiting For, by Tiffany Bluhm, from the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This book is a 40 day women's devotional. This book has prayers, and stories of women in history. This was a good devotional, I enjoyed it.

In this 40-day devotional, Tiffany Bluhm invites all women in the world into a more meaningful understanding of self-care that includes so many aspects such like faith, rest, joy, lament, collaboration, and empowerment. This is what all women really need in their life, to be the women we've been waiting for., to make true difference to the world.

The cover got my attention but the content kept it! I reallllyy enjoyed this devotional by Tiffany.
One word to sum up my feelings about this book is refreshing! In a world full of mundane and repetitive women devotional, this one was breath of fresh air. Such rich text from the contributing authors, I plan to research each one and learn about their work! I also really like the "questions to ponder" section at the end of each chapter; they make great journal prompts.
Good writers always credit the work they used, and I really enjoyed the notes section of the book. Such great research journals and articles that I plan to dig through and read! Tiffany did extensive research on this book and it shows!

This was my first ever devotional and after completing it by reading the ebook, I immediately pre-ordered the hard copy. This had amazing information on history, not only biblical history, but history of women throughout the centuries who made difference and struggled. This was an amazing devotional and I cannot wait to restart it when the hard copy arrives.