The Assistant

A completely addictive and gripping psychological thriller

Pub Date Aug 12 2024 | Archive Date Aug 12 2024

Talking about this book? Use #TheAssistant #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

She knows everything about you… but can you trust her?

I walk in to my interview with Ava Green and carefully hand over my application. It’s all made up, of course, but Ava doesn’t have to know that.

There is so much worry in her blue eyes. Her phone pings with constant messages and a small stain marks her crisp shirt. Breakfast with her two little girls before heading out to this high-flying job every morning can’t be easy.

Ava needs me, I think. More than anything.

The interview goes perfectly, because I have made myself into the perfect assistant. Now I just hope Ava never finds out why I’m really here. Not before she lets me into her home, and I meet her charming husband, and get to babysit her children.

Because I have plans for Ava. She just has to trust me…

A completely addictive psychological thriller that will have you gasping at the final twist. Fans of Shari Lapena, Lisa Jewell and The Perfect Marriage will be reading late into the night.

She knows everything about you… but can you trust her?

A Note From the Publisher

*** THIS IS AN UNCORRECTED ADVANCE REVIEW COPY ***

*** THIS IS AN UNCORRECTED ADVANCE REVIEW COPY ***

Advance Praise

Read what everyone’s saying about Nicole Trope:

‘OMG!!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!… the most heart-racing book I've read in a long time, if not ever!!! It had me hook, line and sinker from the first page and I could not put it down!!!… clear your day because it is truly unputdownable… What an absolute twist!!!… If you read one book in your life, make sure it is this!!!!’ Bookworm86, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘OMG!!!… I could not put it down!!! Every time I said one more chapter, it ended on a cliff-hanger and I just had to know what was going on!!!… I started this morning and finished it at 2am reading it in one sitting, and although I’m knackered today, it was 1000000% worth it!!!… My heart was in my throat… The ending was absolutely jaw-dropping and so unexpected…. What an absolute twist!!! I can hand on my heart say that I cannot remember when I was so gobsmacked.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Wow wow wow!!!! I read this book in less than 24 hours… So gripping, it had me hooked and unable to put it down until I finished the last shocking page!!!!… What a twist!!!! Love love loved everything about this thrilling book, and I will be highly recommending it!!!’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I was absolutely hooked!!… totally engrossed! I felt every thrilling twist and every chilling development as if I was there! So clever I really didn’t see the twist coming! It was so brilliant.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Wow!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!!… a total page-turner and will keep you guessing with every page. Halfway through I thought I had it figured out and then BAM! The ending floored me… I just loved this book.’ NetGalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘HOLY MOLY!!!… Had me hook, line, and sinker from the first chapter… NOW one of my favourite books EVER!!!!!!!!' Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOVVVEEE, LOVED IT!!!… Absolutely stunning!!!… I was completely swept away!!… Didn’t want this one to end!’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘DANG!!!… So jaw-droppingly good!!… My mind was blown away instantly with the bombshells… I didn’t put the book down ‘til I had all my answers.’ Heidi Lynn Book Reviews, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Read what everyone’s saying about Nicole Trope: