From This Day Forward
A Love Story of Faith, Hope and Forgiveness
by Amy & Matt Baumgardner
Pub Date 02 Sep 2014
"I did a very bad thing. An unforgiveable thing. A thing that destines you to be a leper, someone with an A branded across your chest (though mine could also be a D), a person that people talk about with disgust and awe and an "aren't you so glad you're not her" tone.
I drove drunk. With my two children in the car.
And we got in an accident." From the intro of From This Day Forward.
many relationships, after eight years of marriage and two kids, Amy and
Matt had drifted apart. They started fighting, lost trust and respect,
and their marriage spiraled down. Instead of dealing with the problems,
Amy started to drink. She lost her job, she gained weight, she neglected
her children. And then one day, she went too far. Even though she knew
she'd had too much to drink, she got behind the wheel of her car and in a
drunken blackout crashed head first into a tree. Only when she came
to—to the sounds of her daughter's screams—did she remember . . . both
her children were in the car with her. After this ultimate betrayal,
Matt was done. He filed for divorce.
But this is a story of miracles.
Combining the heart wrenching blow-by-blow devastation of Beautiful Boy, and the inspiring devotion found in The Vow, From This Day Forward has all the drama of a Lifetime Movie, with a universal message for anyone who strives to love one person no matter what happens. With heartrending honesty Matt and Amy tell a story that will keep readers on the edge of their seat. It is a story with the power to help others find the strength to take that first step in the right direction, to start a conversation with the one they love, to repair, rebuild, and restore, because once we understand the power of forgiveness, no relationship is ever past hope.
A Note From the Publisher
No Advance Praise Available
No Advance Praise Available
Additional web presence: Amy currently blogs for www.keepthefaith.com
Amy’s personal blogs are posted on Bloggy Moms http://www.bloggymoms.com/profile/AmyBaumgardner#.U3S7_fldWCk &
More Than Mommies http://morethanmommies.net/?s=Amy+Baumgardner
Author Social Media Reach:Facebook – 368 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Amy/168043973355469?fref=ts Twitter – 766 https://twitter.com/AbaumAmy
Amy is also an “OWN Ambassador” and will be able to promote this book via their social media presence
· Facebook – 1,347 https://www.facebook.com/theownambassadors
· Twitter – 26,900 https://twitter.com/OWNAmbassadors
· Youtube – various clips of the author’s interview on Iyanla Vanzant’s Fix My Life show on OWN have been viewed over 75,000 times (This video is also posted on Oprah’s website at http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/Iyanla-Vanzant-Helps-A-Mother-Move-From-Guilt-to-Forgiveness-Video_1)
Social Media Campaigns:
· Amy will embark on a blog tour which will include parenting, faith, recovery and other relevant sites
· Thirty copies of this book will be provided to participants of LibraryThing’s Early Reviewers program (1,827,572 participants) and Goodread’s First Reads program (Goodreads has over 20 million members) to solicit prepublication reviews for this title. Members must participate in these programs to receive a book, and must specifically request a copy of the book. Each website uses an algorithm that analyzes a member’s profile to determine which members would be most likely to review a title.
· A review will be published in a November issue of Counselor Connection newsletter (23,000 subscribers)
· A Facebook campaign targeting users with related interests will reach approximately 34,000 users upon publication