Sing Freedom!

Pub Date 01 May 2015 | Archive Date Not set

This is a true story about Estonia, a small European nation that won its freedom from the former Soviet Union by showing that the spirit of a people is stronger than tanks and bullets. They showed their spirit by doing what they have always loved doing: raising their voices together in song. Sing Freedom! captures the essence of this successful nonviolent revolution in a format highly accessible to children. The conflict that eventually won the Estonians their freedom could have had a very violent outcome. This story tells the history of the oppression of the Estonian people and how they gained their freedom through non-violent means.

Advance Praise

“We spent four years researching the Singing Revolution for our film ‘The Singing Revolution’. Sing Freedom! captures the essence of this successful nonviolent revolution in a format highly accessible to children. Details that might fascinate an adult, but bore or confuse a child, are artfully left out. What remains is a core message about peaceful power.” – James and Maureen Tusty Co-filmmakers of “The Singing Revolution” www.singingrevolution.com

Marketing Plan