Forever Grace

Pub Date 24 Apr 2015 | Archive Date 24 Aug 2015

A story of love, family, and learning to trust...
When injured police officer Sean McKittrick heads to his cottage, he’s planning on some much needed rest and recuperation. But the idyllic peace he expected to find is shattered by…children? It’s not that Sean dislikes kids, he just isn’t interested in having any of his own. Or in settling down, for that matter. Ever. Unfortunately, the woman in charge of his young neighbors has an unsettling way of making him forget why. Grace Daniels is attractive, single, and despite her brave face, overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for three nieces and a nephew. When she helps Sean out of a jam, he feels obliged to return the favor, but he soon realizes there’s more to this cobbled-together little family than meets the eye. Grace is hiding something, a secret that piques Sean’s cop suspicions—and stirs his protective instincts. As Sean digs for the truth, however, the line between professional curiosity and personal interest becomes increasingly blurred. A family might not be quite what he had in mind for his future, but he’s beginning to wonder if he can live without this one…or if he wants to.

A story of love, family, and learning to trust...

ISBN 9780991995844

She's done it again!! As a devoted reader, I came across this series and instantly fell in love with all the characters! This installment is of Sean who is Garth Connors cousin. After being wounded in the line of duty, Sean has convinced his loved ones and doctors of his staying in woods to recover. While being at the family cabin, he stumbles across his neighbor, whom is trying to not be found, and her adorable nieces and nephew. after several chance encounters, it's clear of the chemistry between Sean and Grace. Grace whom is not willing to act on it is determined to keep him at arms length. After finding herself in a tough spot, it's clear that they belong together. Do yourself a favor and read this book!!

Forever Grace is set in the same universe as Gwynne Ever After, and there are some short appearances of the characters that inhabited that story. A part from them, there are only a few characters present during most of the story, Grace and her three nieces and nephews, and Sean. At the beginning of the story, it was clear that both Grace and the children were afraid, and their fear didn't have anything to do with being in a cabin away from civilisation. And those children were so well-behaved most of the time it was quite clear they had gone through a trauma that made them very careful about how they acted, and what they said. As the story moved on, there was a lot of tension between Sean and Grace, and Forever Grace showed that they were both keeping something back, that they both had preconceived notions about what was or not appropriate when meeting someone new they were attracted to. I enjoyed that Sean especially realized that all the rules he had made for himself about not ever being involved with a woman who had kids was based more on the way his mom had acted when he was a kid than with what he himself thought of children. Danger was always looming on the horizon in Forever Grace... as the story unfolded, we learned more about why Grace was taking care of her sister's children. How her sister had ended up in the hospital. And of course, why they were hiding out there in the wilderness jumping at the slightest noise that seemed out of place. And all of their intricate stories were heart-breaking in their own ways. I had my heart beating so hard in my chest towards the end, when what Grace had kept the children hidden from showed up to annihilate everything Grace loved. Written in third person, past tense, the story unfolds quite slowly, at a pace that is like the rhythm of nature in fall. Captivating characters and a strong story made Forever Grace one of my favorite reads of this summer.

Forever Grace is a great book that will make you laugh and cry. Linda does a fantastic job of creating characters that you care about. I always look forward to her new books.

This will be featured on my blog May 21st. I read the novella set before this book recently so I wanted to dive into this one as soon as I could. I absolutely loved the first book, and I was excited to see this one with Seth as the main man. I ended up reading the whole book in one day. I just didn't want to put it down and I wanted to see if the two ended up together. I kind of guessed a little bit of what was going to happen at the end, but the build up for it was still so good and I actually didn't mind at all. I couldn't guess everything obviously and I really liked how everything wrapped up. I really liked the characters too. Grace is taking care of her sister's 4 kids! They're pretty mature for their age so they help her out a lot, aside from the youngest but she's just so adorable. Sean is in a cast and supposed to be resting, but he keeps getting involved with them and it just grows from there. I loved Grace and Sean, I kept really hoping they would explore their possible connection and end up together. I won't say if they did or didn't though. We also get to see Gwynn and Gareth and their kids again briefly, and I loved having them in the book. I loved the first book, and now I love this one. This is a great romance series that I really think more people should be reading.

Forever Grace, Linda Poitevin Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews Genre: Romance, I loved the first book in this series, and this one features Gareth’s cousin Sean. ( There are cameo appearances by Gareth, Gwyn and the kids) It’s not a book full of hot, steamy sex, but a romance that builds slowly, where the couple learn about each other, and the circumstances throw them together, letting them see sides of each other than may otherwise have been hidden. Sean is recovering from some severe injuries caused by an incident at work – he’s a cop. He’s come to film star Gareth’s secret hideout, an isolated cottage far away from crowds. Grace is looking after her three nieces and her nephew in the cottage next door, under the impression no-one else will be around. Once they meet it’s soon clear to Sean that the story she gives out about the little family doesn’t add up. As a cop his curiosity is piqued, and he wants to know more – why are they there, where are the parents, why aren’t the older three at school? Its a lovely read, with some great humour, Grace’s cooking and the kids advice to Sean to bin it.... I loved Grace. She’s upturned her whole life to look after the kids, and I needed to know – like Sean – just what they were escaping from. When I found out it was heart-breaking, and the kids actions made so much sense. they were great characters too – acted exactly as I’d imagine kids in their position would. Josh, ten going on fifty at times, I wanted to hug him. He’s seen things no kid of his age should, and was so protective of his sisters and helpful to Grace. The girls too each had their own personality and were wise beyond their years, apart from baby Annabelle, who was so young she missed most of the fear. I loved the “stuffies owie” episode!! Toddlers – when they get an idea often they just won’t be moved, and again I could envisage that scene so well. Its a really sad situation – fictional of course, but incredibly well portrayed, and sadly is real life for far too many families. Grace and Sean were two people that under normal circumstances would be unlikely to ever meet, and yet they were perfect for each other. There’s a beautiful romance developing but its only part of the story, its not a sex all the way book, but one that covers serious issues and had a solid suspense mystery behind it, and is balanced from the serious side by some wonderful humour . Stars: Five, a beautiful read. ARC supplied by Netgalley and publishers

My first actions after finishing this book were. Checking if there were books available before that one (yes I admit I do not check frequently on that stuff before – as I try to read without being tempted to read other reviews before) And than jumping to amazon to get my own copy of the first two books I think that says quite a lot about my opinion on this book … Even if the nature of the story is rather serious, the reading was kind of fun. Not because of the subjects touched, but because of the writing. It was fluent and flawless and the story was well constructed. I know that I was missing a lot of the background to Sean’s character as I did not read the first two books, but honestly that did not matter so much. This book is so well designed that it can be read as a standalone if needed and it made me want to read the first two books. So it does not even matter that I know their outcome due to reading this book. The author manages to captivate you in this tiny world out there in the woods and its only after you finish when you realize that you do not know really that much about the background of the characters or that it was actually almost a kind of instant love that “happened” to Grace and Sean. Which is a real good thing – because I have serious issues with instant love Please let me recommend this author and this book to everybody who likes pure and honest romances as well as a good and solid writing style. I am off now reading the first parts of this series #waves