St. Martin's First: Spring-Summer 2015 Sampler

Pub Date 31 Jul 2015 | Archive Date 30 Jun 2016

Send To Kindle (PDF)

I really enjoyed this sampler. I value book samples as they point me in the right direction of books that would interest me. The books that stood out to me were :Make You Home Among Strangers - I fell right into the style of writing. Murder at Barclay Meadow had a strong start for a cozy, well written and engaging. I've read Letter to the Lost and I didn't care for it. The Evidence Room grabbed me - probably the strongest sample for me. I will definitely be checking that one out. The Secrets of Lake Road gave the impression of being well written but sad. Between the Tides captured my interest. Still Life Las Vegas- the sample's format made it hard to read, words were squished. The Book of Speculation - A book about a librarian? Sold! Hangman's Game - unusual protagonist and setting for a mystery, but written well so I want to check it out. Over all a good read and great way to add to my TBR pile.

Thank you, I love being able to sample books that are coming up for release!

I love samplers! I love that we can preview and read some of the upcoming reads. Simply wonderful!

My review on Facebook/Goodreads Ah crap... St. Martin's Press is out with their Spring/Summer/Fall samplers. There goes my Amazon account! We have shared links to samplers on in our group and social media sites.

I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of THE BOOK OF SPECULATION, and let me just say that it's lovely and amazing and it should totally be in your TBR pile if it isn't already. I suspect that librarians and booksellers will be especially smitten with it. I've been on the fence about Nick Holstock's pre-apocalyptic novel THE CASUALTIES, but the excerpt definitely piqued my interest! I'm also excited for MAKE YOUR HOME AMONG STRANGERS and FISHBOWL, which looks delightfully weird.

As always, an incredible assortment of the best books on the market. I wonder if the Evidence Room will be offered through NetGalley?

Some great looking books coming. Can't wait to check them out.

Thanks for the preview! Great selection of titles.