Angelborn

Pub Date 28 Apr 2015 | Archive Date 01 Mar 2016

Maia

It's hard to be normal when you see the dead everywhere. So I gave up. I just focus on staying out of their way. But the guy haunting my roommate is different. He’s impossible to ignore, and now other people can see him too.

He says my roommate is the only one who can save him from an eternity of torment. But one night he follows me into my nightmare and rescues me from my demons. Now he’s all I think about. This must be what it's like to fall... for someone who can never be mine.

Caleb

A lifetime ago, I found my soulmate in the human world. But being angelborn means I don't have a soul. When I lost my one true love, I lost my future and my freedom. Now, I have a second chance — she's been reborn and I must gain her love again or serve out the rest of my eternal sentence alone.

But this time I am a fugitive with powerful angels hunting me, and I'm running out of time. You only get one soulmate, and mine isn't the broken, scarred girl, who sees what no one else can. She's a distraction I can scarcely afford — but I'm unable to stay away from her.

*** A standalone, new adult paranormal romance. 40,000 words.

Maia

A Note From the Publisher

Leslye Penelope believes love is magic and likes her romance with a healthy dose of imagination. She writes new adult, fantasy and paranormal romance with multicultural characters. Equally left and right-brained, she thinks puzzling out a programming problem is fun and has a quote from The Matrix tattooed on her arm. She lives in Maryland with her husband, along with an eighty-pound lap dog and a semi-feral cat.

Advance Praise

"Had me hooked from the first page to the last page" -ShoppinAddict, Amazon reviewer

"A riveting, beautiful story with a Black female and male protagonist ... one of the best paranormal romances I've read." -shan123, Amazon reviewer

"With finely etched characters and a compelling plot, Angelborn will leave you wanting to know more of Caleb and Maia's story. This was my first time reading L. Penelope and I am sure it won't be the last time." -Kim, Amazon Reviewer

"It kept me on a rollercoaster the entire way." -D.L. Smith-Lee, Goodreads reviewer

"Full of interesting characters that are fresh and unique, a story that is unlike any that I have read... I couldn't put this book down." -BookDevour, Amazon reviewer

EDITION Ebook