Every Time I Fall

(The Raeven Sisters, #2)

Pub Date 22 Jan 2016 | Archive Date 02 Feb 2018

This is a stand-alone novel that includes graphic content and a HEA.

Rock bottom has just made a new friend: Janet Raeven. Unemployed and recently divorced from her abusive husband, she’s trying to get her life back in order. Despite her mother’s insistence that a man can cure her of all her problems, she knows that’s the last thing she needs right now.

Enter multi-millionaire Hayden Lancaster. He’s hot. He’s charming. And everything about him turns her on. Her attempts at fighting her attraction to him fail miserably. She can’t get him off her mind, and she’s having a hard time keeping her clothes on when he’s around. As she submits to her attraction, he draws her into his over-the-top lifestyle of fancy cars, lavish parties, and exotic vacations. But along with this lifestyle comes a long list of exes and one-night stands. Janet can’t compete with these models, beauty queens, and heiresses, and the more she encounters, the more it seems Hayden is luring her into his life so that she can end up just another ex-lover. He claims she means more to him than the others, but if this is a game, she’s losing, and this defeat might just be too much for her to handle.
This is a stand-alone novel that includes graphic content and a HEA.

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781519965325

I really enjoyed this book and found it flowed really well. I loved that it showed that we are not all perfect and even the best relationship can have its ups and downs. Most of all, I thought it showed it is possible to have a happy ending after an extremely difficult time in life - and I loved that! I finished the book thinking 'wonderful'

Great story. I really enjoyed how they each connected and how they both had realistic problems. I would like to read more from this author. Five stars.

This is the story of Hayden and Janet. Hayden the sexy millionaire with his string of ex lovers and Janet the teacher who divorced her abusive husband. emotions run high with learning how to stay sober, trusting others and finding that second chance at love,and a happy ever after that is well deserved! A definitely recommend read.

Love this book awesome charters and amazing series

Janet and Hayden have a whirlwind start to their love affair. Things get a little rocky abd she's quick to mis judge him. It's a quirky little romance novel with some freaky hot sex scenes.

Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review...... I enjoyed this read, but it did take me a while to warm up to the story line. In a nutshell this is Hayden and Janet's book. Hayden mega successful, man-slut and is a commitment-phobe (In my opinion). Janet has low self-esteem and is out of a bad marriage. Janet's trying to turn her life around. Janet and Hayden meet at an AA meeting and soon after their affair begins. What was draining was that okay Hayden has a past, yup he has slept with MANY other women.......but its this proviso that he can still have any sort of positive relationship with ANY after they have split up. Call me old fashioned but if a relationship ends, usually it is because one party has instigated an end. Fine, I concede, sometimes it is a mutual decision, but most of the time people move on. Its fab if you can see your ex in passing and not want to draw blood or laugh in their faces......but being buddy-buddy will all.......I'm not buying it !!! Sorry, its just not real life......one or two no hard feelings if I see you I will say Hi in passing, but no way do you have active contact. Why are you still not together ?. You need space to move on !!. Feeling better for my little rant. That was the little snippitt that I found hard to swallow. On the whole though I did like the writing style and the fact the books is about second chances and changing for the better, plus the fact we get a HEA, so all's good. Well done Anna and many thanks for this opportunity xx

Janet Raeven is slowly recovering from her divorce with her abusive ex-husband. She meets the hero of this story, Hayden Lancaster during a meeting at Alcoholics Anonymous. Despite their differences in professional status, both have unresolved issues that resulted in their addiction. Janet is an unemployed elementary teacher, Hayden is a successful businessman. Their insta-attraction results in a one-night stand, but Janet is not ready for a new relationship. She is too scared of developing feelings for the sexy and confident Hayden. Hayden's behaviour doesn't help either. He is a manwhore constantly surrounded by women. How can Janet trust him ? I must admit it took me a while to warm up to Hayden, probably because, as a reader, I didn't have a lot of information about him, except his manwhoring ways. But towards the end of the story, I found that the author gave a better picture of who he really is and where he comes from. As their story progresses and they finally begin to trust each other, Janet and Hayden are able to face their addiction issues and find their happy ending. Overall, I enjoyed reading this story of second chance at love. It can be read as a standalone, but I would advise to read the first book in the series first. I received an ARC from publisher Victory editing, via NetGalley, in exchange for my honest review

Janet and Hayden meet under less than ideal circumstances. While they try to battle their own demons, they realize that they are the answer to each others' happiness. 5 stars!

5 Stars This is a tie in to Every Time He Leaves. This one concerns a sister to Jana. I love a good story where a women finds her strength in the world, while the ones that put her down get what they deserve. This was a great read and second book in this series.

Thank you to Netgallary in allowing me to read of copy of Every time I fall. The minute I started reading this book, I was straight away drawn into the main characters, Janet and Hayden, they've both experienced a difficult lifestyle, which made them the perfect couple. It had a great story line that was easy to follow which made it a very enjoyable read!

Really enjoyed this, I love the characters and the story is gripping. I thought it was a great book, would definitely recommend !

This book brought out many emotions for me. I could not put it down at all, until I finished it. Janet was a young newly unemployed teacher. She loved to teach elementary student. Unfortunately she was played off and has continues to search for a new job with teaching. She is a divorced woman with lots of insecurities. Her exhusband was abusive. She attends AA meetings and has a therapist she is working with. Her Therapist told her she thought that Janet would do well, if she would stay single and focus on staying alcohol free for a year. But its when she meet Hayden she found herself addicted. She met him at one of her AA meetings, when she left her keys on the chair. She never felt like she deserved Hayden or that she could trust him. After they started seeing each other. Janet fell on love with him but felt like she didn't mean anything to him. After meeting one of his many ex girlfriends who looked like a model. She was sure she was way put of her league.

This is my second book but Anna Karington, and it won't be the last. This story showed that support and love is a must when one is recovering from addictions. Both characters struggled and helped lift each other up when they were down. I enjoyed this book more than I did the first one, and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of the Raeven Sisters.

I liked the story of Hayden and Janet but he is to much of a man whore to ever be faithful till the end. If she asks him something that is bothering her he just laughs or smiles then answers. I wonder at the end of the book how women he took to that book like her.

People change. That is the biggest take-away for me from this story. Yes, there is romance, angst, drama and family issues, but when I think about this book I think about the changes that almost everyone experienced. Neither of the main characters, or really any of the characters, are perfect. In fact, they are riddled with their own self-doubt that presents itself in many different scenes and conversations. Hayden comes across as a perfect individual until AK starts sharing his background, how he handled the stress, the many women, drinking, etc. Janet, well I didn't like her at all in the first book and here I had a bit of a hard time warming up to her, but I did because I think that many women who had been abused, become an alcoholic, held on to some of what she did with her family issues, etc. would probably have those thoughts going on in their head...phew it would be a busy place to be! Then, many of the other characters show that they are flawed, but can change as well..hellloooo Janet's mother and Hayden's ex-girlfriend. Hello Milo and his insecurities. I enjoyed the story, but I did have a hard time staying engaged in the book. At times I felt it was a bit jumpy and that there was too much drama/insecurity. However, I kept reading and within a page or two I was back into the story and trying to figure out how everything would work out. This is a stand alone story, but it does continue addressing some of the drama/issues that began in Every Time He Leaves. I am interested to see if AK will continue this series with the last sister and/or the mother. Both of those characters are pretty low down on my scale of likability or relate-ability, but perhaps there is more to them then we are aware of yet?

Wow! I really enjoyed this book. I write about, and love reading about, strong female characters. Some might say that this female character was weak, self-effacing, and really down on herself. And, while that could arguably be true, I didn't see it that way. This book was about addiction, which I didn't know when I requested it. And, generally the downward, hopeless, self-destructive spiral of those storylines don't interest me. I write about kick-butt characters. But, to me our main female character was very strong, as was our male lead. Yes, she saw herself very negatively, but she was a fighter. The struggle to stay clean, move forward in life, get over her issues felt very real. Falling off the boat, but having the strength and courage to climb back up, and not just wallow and stay down takes strength, and is not always filled with positive thoughts and words. I'm only addicted to chocolate and books. And, I love working out and eating healthy. And, I know what I go through when I go on a chocolate binge during my clean eating time. Obviously this is not life altering. But, it made it that much more profound that I couldn't imagine when life is not so kind having to resist something like alcohol. My sister and I joke that chocolate saves lives when the kids are driving us crazy. But, to never be able to have chocolate again?! I know. Sounds silly. But, it's real to me. And, I felt like what the characters went through would be very real for many people with serious addictions. Yet, it wasn't a depressing book. It had full entertainment value, and just a well rounded read, great characters, and great story.

Really good book. They story kept you interested and was written well. Loved the characters.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I would recommend this book to readers.

This book follows Overtime He Leaves and it was just as great. A fun good paced sexy book and I can tell you that I am waiting anxiously for the third one. I highly recommend it!