The Coupling

The Letting Series

Pub Date 15 Feb 2016 | Archive Date 29 Feb 2016

In Ronnie Billings’ dystopian world, surviving the Letting and breaking free of a corrupt government is less of a surprise than falling in love with Phoenix Day, the leader of the Peaceful Revolution.

When the government sentences Ronnie to a Coupling under the guise of producing a coveted blood type, Ronnie discovers the one she’s slated to Couple with expects even more. Prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice to save those she loves most, Ronnie devastates Phoenix with her impossible decision.

Whisked away from her rebel life to another world ravaged by despair, Ronnie meets her greatest nemesis...her biological father. Steeling her nerves against the dangers of escape, she embarks on the perilous journey back. She is convinced she belongs with Phoenix and his revolution, but will her friends, and especially Phoenix, be ready to accept her when she returns? Because this time, evil is in her blood...

...

A Note From the Publisher

New Adult Romance, Dystopian, Fantasy Romance

New Adult Romance, Dystopian, Fantasy Romance

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781509206186

'The Coupling' is a book full of action, that kept me reading all day, simply because I wanted to know what was next. It did a good job in keeping my attention towards it. The following issues do not mean I didn't like 'The Coupling', they only mean the book could've been so much better in my opinion. Perhaps it is because I did not read the first book in the series that I did not seem to get any connection with the characters though, they seemed a little flat to me. Veronica never knew what to do, and on the other hand she was the one acting before anyone could do anything else all the time. She was 'being strong', or she was giggling, or she was being strong while giggling. Most of the times she seemed to be very young, or she acted like a little girl, while her past was one of someone in her twenties at least - even in a world like that. The same could be said of the other characters. Also, the story seemed to be based on actions, to keep it all going, often making it so improbable that the tension was lost. I did like reading 'The Coupling', but would've liked it better when it hadn't been as directed towards action instead of characters.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher for my honest review. In the future blood is currency and posessing the O blood type is big money. It means life and death. Phoenix Day and Veronica Billings are trying to make changes without all of the bloodshed. When the war is over will they still love each other?