We're Not in Kansas

Pub Date 28 Mar 2016 | Archive Date 30 Jul 2016

Archeologist and single mother Macy and her teenage daughter Tiffany are off to a dangerous part of the world, on a fool-hardy search for traces of an ancient Egyptian cat-goddess, Bastet. What they find is far more than they bargained for: a dangerous dictator, a mysterious police inspector, and a grizzled Indiana Jones look-alike.
You might say the trip takes them right out of this world. Will they get home alive, or simply disappear into very thin air?
Set in the near future, with a blend of thriller and speculative fiction, and a hint of romance.

ISBN 9781942391319
PRICE

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

**I received this book on Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

This book starts with Macy, an archaeologist, whose ex-husband drops her daughter off unexpectedly before her expedition. She rearranges her plans and they head off together. They arrive in Tajeskastne and receive an unexpected welcome from a police inspector. She was provided a guide and supplies (she had planned to find all that but it was given to her first) much to her surprise. Despite her suspicions, they head out on the expedition. Danger awaits them at every turn.

I really enjoyed this book. It was nothing like I expected. Justinian was a total surprise. Who he is and where he takes Macy and her daughter was totally unexpected. I couldn't put this book down until it was finished. I will definitely be looking for more from this author.

I really enjoyed this book. I hope that Macy and Tiffany are back with more adventures. This is a science fiction with lots of action set on earth in a future with many of today's problems and politics eerily the same. Archaeologists are still exploring the past and other beings are searching for technology they don't want humans to find. Lots of laughs and giggles. A fun read for teen to older readers.

Indiana Jones meets Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is the best way to describe this one. The story takes many twists and turns and I like the fact that, while there is room for a sequel, this book comes to a real ending and could easily stand alone. It is definitely what I would call a action-packed page turner.