Plain Brown Wrapper

Pub Date 19 May 2016 | Archive Date 28 Sep 2016

Impoverished college student Allison Kerry only thought her life was complicated. On a broiling August afternoon in Dallas, it's about to get much worse. Political blackmail leads to a political payoff gone terribly wrong and the money ends up in Allison's hands, but she has no idea where it came from or who lost it. When those who lost the money try to take it back, Allison starts to realize she's stumbled into something far worse than she imagined. To make it through, she'll have to run a gauntlet of corrupt politicians, hired thugs, a sociopathic dog-catcher, a foul- mouthed mob hit man and a pearly-toothed televangelist.

Armed with only a single ambiguous clue and the help of someone she isn't sure she can trust, Allison has many questions, few answers and far less time than she thinks to piece everything together.

A Note From the Publisher

Booksellers - To order this title with discount and returnability, please use Ingram or contact the Black Rose Writing Sales Team, sales@blackrosewriting.com.

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Not set

Fast paced, suspenseful novel. A college student and a young musician take on crooked politicians, a mob hitman and a political fixer, to get medical care for a four year old child with a congenitally bad heart. Good character developement, kept me reading with the riveting action.

Not set

Thriller with a touch of humour. Our heroine is Alison, who is struggling to get through law school, working two jobs, with a scrounging brother, stalker ex-boyfriend and not much of a life. When a large amount of money literally falls into her lap, everything changes. The money comes from an attempted bribe by a hapless politician and his fixer, trying to placate a mob enforcer by swinging a vote. The Dallas climate and local wildlife cause enormous problems for all the bad guys and lead to some very funny parts amidst the action. I can see this as a really good film.

Ok, this one made me laugh a lot! It is filled with humour, suspence and spiciness. It is so entertaining that it screams to be made into a movie! I loved the amount of information I was given as a reader. It was just right, not overly complicating the story and giving mee a clear enough image of what kind of characters I am dealing with.

It definitely is a page-turner and the suspence is build just right, as it accumulates one follows how the characters develop with it until all the problems are solved. I great thriller. Lynch has crafted a diverse group of individuals, and each of them has an agenda that is logical and meaningful. Allison and her dream of becoming a lawyer while trying to support her brother and his ill son was one of the most gripping plots of the story. She makes a couple of decisions that may not seem logical to readers, but the decisions fit when someone is put into an illogical situation, as she is.

What loved the most is the twists. Althoug, some of them were kind of obvious they came in waves, keeping you constantly on the look for the next chapter. I read it in one breath!

I'm looking forward to reading whatever Greg Lynch comes up with next-- I think he will prove to be to Texas what Carl Hiaasen is to Florida. Lynch includes lots of little winks and "inside jokes" for readers familiar with the Dallas area, though any reader could find it relatable. An excellent summer read!!!

This fun read made me chuckle quite a few times

I didnt think I would enjoy it as much as I did but the author managed to write about Politics with a very blasphemous and intriguing insight

I would love to see this as a movie and found myself wondering which actors I would star in the roles.

It is filled with drama and suspense and with sme twists it just about ticked all the boxes.