Love Across the Ocean

Pub Date 03 Aug 2016 | Archive Date 30 Sep 2016

Charlotte Mesinger is willing to do almost anything to escape the beatings in the home where she grew up. When she spies an advertisement for a wife to help care for three children, she sees it as an answer to her prayers, even though it means going to America and forgetting the young man she's been seeing.

When Friedrich Haupt's wife dies giving birth to their third child and her parents insist he must hand over the children to them, he is frantic. A customer in his jewelry shop suggests going to America, and another offers to buy the establishment. But convention forbids a woman living in his household without marriage, for whatever reason, and he places the ad, ready to give the woman her freedom after a year.

With these desperate situations resolved, Charlotte and Friedrich still have many secrets...

A Note From the Publisher

Historical Romance

Historical Romance

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781509208005

Links

i really liked this one had my hooked from the start a nice read recommended

Not set

Charlotte wants to escape the abuse from her father after he catches her give a kiss to a young man. She becomes a wife to a man she barely knows in order to give his children a mother when he moves his family to America. Will this marriage work between two strangers? I enjoyed this sweet story.

Not set

I have a very hard time with this one. I am giving 3 stars only for one reason. The foundation of the story is good. Now for the review. Within the writing there is some confusion at times like the writer forgets where they are in their writing or perhaps they get ahead of themselves. The language is not period correct. Now having said this.... the foundation of the story is good and it is a read you do not have to pay so much attention to. You may enjoy it as a travel read or by the beach read. I was given this book in return for an honest review. Anna Swedenmom

I agreed to give an honest review in exchange for this ARC and so I will. I found the story a bit lacklustre. I give credit to all the authors out there who put their heart and souls into their writing and so hate when I have to give a less than glowing, albeit honest, review.