There I Go Again

Pub Date   |   Archive Date 31 Mar 2017

INTERESTING LIFE Most of us have grown up with William Daniels in one form or another be it TV or films. The problem is if you asked someone if they like William Daniels the odds are that they wouldn’t know him by name. Once you showed them his picture there is little doubt they’d recognize him immediately. Daniels has been acting since the sixties in films and on TV, most recognizably in the film 1776 and the TV series ST. ELSEWHERE and BOY MEETS WORLD. My first memories of him was a short lived television comedy called CAPTAIN NICE. I still think it was an underrated show. But the fact is most of us don’t know the stories that took place behind the scenes. Daniels wasn’t one of...

See Full Review
William Daniels is one of my favorite actors. I was thrilled when I saw that this book was being offered by NetGalley and University of Nebraska Press for my honest review. To read his story from all of the shows that I have seen in him was fantastic. This book was wonderfully written and I loved each page. Thank you for allowing me to become better acquainted with you Mr. Daniels. Also thank you for NetGalley and University of Nebraska Press for allowing me to receive this book in exchange for my honest review. This book may be found on Amazon HERE! and on Barnes and Noble HERE!

First off let me state that I am not a particular fan of Mr. Daniels. I don't mean that I dislike his work or have anything against him, I am just saying that I have never sought out anything simply because he was in it. I was only vaguely aware of his career prior to reading this book and most of what I was familiar with was the television work. I had no idea that he had been a child performer, was on a show in the early days of radio or really much at all about his stage career. I simply chose this book because it seemed like it might be interesting. Mr. Daniels relates how he began his entertainment career as a "song-and-dance-man" around the age of four and became part of a...

See Full Review
As much as I like William Daniels and was eager to learn more about him, the book wasn't all that engaging. Also, if you're a Boy Meets World fan, like me, you'll find his chapter on it disappointing. He doesn't mention much about his time with the show aside from how he got the job. I understand the show doesn't make up Daniels' entire career, but it's a big part of it and I'm sure other readers were hoping to hear more about his time with there.