Cover Image: Buzz Books 2017: Spring/Summer

Buzz Books 2017: Spring/Summer

Love this list of future books so much!! Found many I will buy.
Great and useful edition that is so helpful for the bloggers and librarians as well as booksellers to evaluate what would be best for their clientele.
I just viewing the upcoming titles so I can make massive lists of the books I want to add to my TBR list - which is growing WAY too long!!
Buzz Books are one of my favorite ways to discover new-to-me authors that I might not have been exposed to any other way. This collection is a big one, so here are a few titles that left me wanting more:

The Last Hack by Christopher Brookmyre

Internationally bestselling author Christopher Brookmyre... is renowned for his black humor, remarkably well-drawn characters, and killer twists. His new Jack Parlabane thriller, The Hack, is his most unstoppable novel yet.

I've always been fascinated by hacking, and the sample grabbed my attention immediately by showing how easy it can be. Can't wait to read this one!
The Marsh King's Daughter by Karen Dionne

The suspense thriller of the year - The Marsh King's Daughter will captivate you from the start and chill you to the bone.

'I was born two years into my mother's captivity. She was three weeks shy of seventeen. If I had known then what I do now, things would have been a lot different. I wouldn't have adored my father.'

Ever wonder what happens to the children of abduction victims? Helena didn't know that her mother had been kidnapped by her father until she was 12, but now she's grown with children of her own and her father has escaped from prison. Whoa!

The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion

From the #1 bestselling author of The Rosie Project and The Rosie Effect, an unforgettable new novel about lost love and second chances.

What if an old love, the one who got away, suddenly contacted you? Would you ignore their email, or be tempted to see if there were any sparks left? I think that Adam is about to find out!

Ten Dead Comedians by Fred van Lente

A darkly clever take on Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None and other classics of the genre, Ten Dead Comedians is a marvel of literary ventriloquism, with hilarious comic monologues in the voice of every suspect. It’s also an ingeniously plotted puzzler with a twist you’ll never see coming!

Have to admit that I'm a sucker for And Then There Were None remixes, so am intrigued to see how the author spins this one!

Goodbye, Vitamin by Rachel Khong

A young woman returns home to care for her failing father in this fine, funny, and inescapably touching debut, from an affecting and wonderfully original new literary voice.

This one will probably leave me in tears, but the sample really tugged at my heartstrings. Ruth's father is suffering from Alzheimers and she moves back home to help her mother care for him. As someone who did something similar for my mother-in-law, I can't not read this!

Driving Miss Norma by Tim Bauerschmidt & Ramie Liddle

When Miss Norma was diagnosed with uterine cancer, she was advised to undergo surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. But instead of confining herself to a hospital bed for what could be her last stay, Miss Norma - newly widowed after nearly seven decades of marriage - rose to her full height of five feet and told the doctor, “I’m ninety years old. I’m hitting the road.”

And so Miss Norma took off on an unforgettable around-the-country journey in a thirty-six-foot motor home with her retired son Tim, his wife Ramie, and their dog Ringo.

While Tim & Ramie's nomadic life intrigued me, I have to admit that Miss Norma is why I want to read this book! I fell in love with her the moment she told her doctors that she was hitting the road instead of going through chemotherapy. Go Miss Norma!

In Vino Duplicitas by Peter Hellman

True crime pairs well with fine wine in this astonishing story of a con man who rides his gift for tasting wine to the highest reaches of society - and then comes crashing down.

How can you not love a good con man? Unless you're the one being conned, I think they're fascinating! And this one has the added twist of making wine snobs look foolish. Call me petty, but I love the idea of them overpaying for counterfeit wine while they look down their noses at me for liking White Zinfandel!

None of these are my usual type of read, but I think that's half the fun! I think I'm most looking forward to reading Driving Miss Norma, as she sounds like my kind of gal!
As always, the Buzzbook provides insight and help in finding books that will really shine in the upcoming season.  I rely upon the compilation to provide guidance to the new season.
I enjoy read the buzz books because of the different genres of books and gets me reading something normally I wouldn't read. My tbr pile is growing can't wait for the next buzz book to come out
Love reading an excerpt of upcoming novels! There are always so many choices and it is sometimes hard to tell just from the book description if you will like it or not. I enjoy reading bits of the actual book to better help me decide.
Love these. Such great info and love the excerpts!
A great way to discover upcoming reads! Cannot do without these fabulous guides now, really helpful.
Interesting to hear about upcoming book.  Quick read.
The majority of the books in this compilation were ones featured in some of the monthly editions . . . still enjoyed perusing the round-up (the comprehensive list of releases by date and category) though.

One of the books featured and worthy of recommendation is The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck. I requested and read this after reading the excerpt in the Buzz Books March edition and really enjoyed it. A story told through the eyes of three different German women, it provides a unique perspective on WWII.

The few that I’m still considering are The Marsh King’s Daughter, He Said/She Said and Come Sundown. Not sure how I’ve gone this long without reading at least one Nora Roberts; seems like something I need to change.

Every reader should check out the Buzz Books editions . . . you can’t beat the excerpts. There’s nothing worse than buying a book and realizing that you don’t connect with the writing.
Look forward to reading the extracts which are teasers of books to come.
I am so grateful for this listings of the upcoming titles of the year and particularly enjoyed the excerpts on offer.  So helpful in deciding what I would like to read.  Many thanks for this;
Some more great books featured, can't wait to read a few of these, thanks again.
"Buzz Books 2017: Spring/Summer" offers an exciting preview of upcoming titles. I always look forward to perusing new releases ahead of time so that I can prepare engaging displays and keep up with what local library patrons are reading or have recommendations on hand for patrons looking for their next read.
There were a  number of fantastic excerpts in this one. I am most looking forward to the ones by Nora Roberts and Karen Dionne.
I love the previews available in these book collections.  There are several I will purchase and I have requested The Marsh King's Daughter since after reading the first chapter I have to find out what happens in the novel. Thank you for putting these selections together and allowing us to get a glimpse of what is coming out before it hits the shelves. I look forward to the next edition.
Great idea to be more aware of the books to be realeased :)
Nice chance to see future books and read a bit so you can keep a to purchase list
If you need to keep up to date or want to keep your finger on the pulse this is a good way to do it. Interesting read which will lead to numerous hours of reading pleasure.