Cover Image: Story of L

Story of L

Thank you for providing me a copy of this book.
I run out of time so sorry I wasn't able to finish this.
Ooo this was a little cringy for me.  I did not like the dom/sub relationship. I personally just don't like any relationships like that so I wasn't really into reading it. I do like that it has LGBTQ+ rep in it.
While a very interesting read that I was interested to see where it lead, I felt like the characters could have been a bit more fleshed out; I didn't quite feel captivated by any character in particular. I feel like L led an incredibly isolated life, with very little mention or friends/colleagues/family outside of this life, but perhaps that was an intentional emphasis to describe how committed and dedicated and enmeshed she had become in this life and with Cassandra? I am unsure. Regardless, I think it may have been interesting to have had more conversations between L and others in her life outside of those in her club circle (besides Reese and Quinn) who may have provided different perspectives, as I found L's inner thoughts and descriptions to sometimes circle around and in on themselves.
I went into this wanting a steamy, erotic WLW smut piece. Which, don’t get me wrong, it definitely is. It is also so much more. The spice was way more than I expected, and the steamy scenes left little to imagine. The overall story/plot is what really brought this book together.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it took me back to when I first started reading eroticas and more "dirty" romances. I would definitely read this again!
This was the highest caliber, grammatically challenging erotica I have ever read- and I liked it! As someone who is not very familiar with the D/S relationship, Debra Hyde did a great job of helping the read get into L's headspace (or subspace!). This book was very focused on the give and take of that relationship, and if you are looking for a ~love~ story, this may not be it for you. The book balanced dangerously on the slippery slope of how transgenders fit into the predominantly lesbian play-scene (with certain characters being potentially bi- or trans- phobic) but I had no problem imagining the picture Debra Hyde was trying to paint throughout the book, nor did I struggle with the characters.
I wish there had been more content or trope warnings before I picked this book up. I hate reading about partner sharing and I did not know it was in this book until I was reading it. Everything else was super hot and steamy!
Not something I would feel comfortable purchasing for a public collection - reads like Anne Roquelaure and strives to be like Story of O which is equally hard to recommend.
Story of L by Debra Hyde

Full feature for this title will be posted at: @cattleboobooks on Instagram!
I have to say that I felt a *YES* moment when I found erotica between two women. I loved the way the author developed the story and the characters while balancing what we came for- the steam!
A very intense and emotion filled journey of self discovery and appreciation. The character development is excellent on all counts and the storyline makes this read unique.  I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley.

My expectations were not high going into this book. I just wanted a fun smutty read, and it’s definitely just that. Liv, a woman who believes she cannot be satisfied due to the “void” demanding pleasure within her. However, things change when she meets the infamous Cassandra. No longer a switch, Liv has to completely submit to Cassandra’s every request if she wants the privilege of becoming her submissive.

There was a lot of extremely smutty scenes, but there was also vulnerability and love. In my opinion, it’s not the main theme of the story, but it’s definitely there.

The biggest thing for me was the switch on POV. The author would randomly switch from 3rd POV to 1st POV. I know it was meant to be hearing liv’s inner thoughts, but you kind of had to guess when that was. It wasn’t my favorite writing choice, but to each their own.

If you are looking for a quick, smut read, this one would be fun.
Hot. Hot. Hot. Exactly what you want in this type of book.  There's enough character development to give depth and emotion.
Sexy as the cover.
Decadent.
Erotic.
Eye-opening.

I thoroughly enjoyed the journey the MC took in this novel—what a ride-along!
I must say this made for a different read.  The world of BDSM/submission was written with compassion and straightforwardness - not mocked or written for shock value.  It was a fast read providing a look into that lifestyle.

Thank you Debra Hyde and NetGalley for the chance to look into a different world.
Story of L by Debra Hyde was an interesting read. Although not really something I usually read, I did enjoy it and thought it was unique.
Honestly this is stereotypical transphobic and biphobic. It feels like a cishet guy got high then watched The L Word(OG not the new one)and decided he could add more sex. I dont recommend.
This was very different to what I usually read but I fancied a change. It was a quick, intense read and I enjoyed the authors writing and the plot.
I hadn't read BDSM erotica in a while and this one was good. I'm not really into the humiliation aspect so that did not work for me and I never really understand it when the characters fall in love at the end; it was these two personal preferences that made the book a two-star read for me.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

This book was about bondage and submission between two women one an aging superstar Cassandra on the BDM scene and another L. who try as she may is never sexually fulfilled  until she is taken over by Cassandra and becomes her new submissive darling plaything . This book was well written and easy to read even if the subject matter was hard to understand at times. 4 stars