Two Girls Down

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 23 Jan 2018

I found this book to be gripping and engaging, even from the beginning. Highly recommend and thoroughly enjoyed.
Great read-- characters were interesting, plot was realistic and ending came out of nowhere.  I look forward to hopefully seeing Vega and Cap again
An exciting read that was quick and adventurous. I loved all the characters. A great read.

4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Alice Vega is a tough bounty hunter (in a unique kind of way). Her specialty is finding missing people. She’s good at what she does - and she knows it. Rawhide tough, she doesn’t let anyone get too close to her, but knows this time she’s going to need help.

Max Caplan, (Cap) is a former policeman who was forced into early retirement. He’s a single father raising his sixteen (going on 25!) year old daughter, while now working as a private detective.

Vega is called to a small town in PA to assist in finding two missing young girls. It’s time to enlist the help of Cap. With two sets of eyes, and no help from the local police department she hopes to hunt down the kidnappers...

See Full Review
Alice Vega is a bounty hunter hired to find to girls who were kidnapped from a mall. Vega is a female Bosch. She is tough and smart. Teaming up with a disgraced ex cop, they navigate the twists, turns, and lies on their quest to investigate the crime. Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna is an adrenaline rush from start to finish.
My review for this book can be found on my GoodReads account.  The link to that account is https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1335387-kelly.

Doubleday Books and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of Two Girls Down. I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

When two sisters go missing from their mother's car while she is running a quick errand, will private investigator Alice Vega be able to find them in time? After getting no help from the local police, Alice turns to a fellow investigator and former police officer for assistance. As the team digs through the scant evidence, will their perseverance pay off?

This book had a good flow and I liked the main character Alice Vega quite a bit. The IT guy that Vega calls on for assistance feels like the main behind the curtain, a...

See Full Review

HOLY CRAP!!! I know I'm late to the party, but I was not expecting to like this as much as I did. I'll admit, I had an eye-roll moment in the middle when there started to be a somewhat forced romance brewing, but I got over it. Other than that, it was exactly what I wanted in a thriller/mystery novel.

I flew through this book, and I was really bummed I had to go to sleep last night before I could finish (lol). The book was extremely intriguing and entertaining from beginning to end...with a few minor dull parts. I really enjoyed how Luna explored all potential suspects and theories - it definitely felt like I was part of the investigation myself. That may seem like a drag to...

Published by Doubleday on January 9, 2018

Jamie Brandt leaves her two daughters, Kylie and Bailey, in the car while she runs into a K-Mart for a birthday present. When she comes out, the kids are gone. Yes, this is an “every parent’s nightmare” story. But it’s better than most child kidnapping stories, which tend to overdo scenes of hand-wringing and weepiness and too often feature self-righteous protagonists who make a point of telling the reader how deeply they care about children, unlike all the people who care less than they do.

As parents go, Jamie is kind of a wreck even before the kids disappear. She hires Alice Vega to recover her kids. Vega has made a reputation as someone who...

See Full Review
I really enjoyed this thriller about two missing sisters. The dynamic between Alice, the bounty hunter, and Max, the disgraced former cop, was great. I liked the twists and didn't see the ending coming.
There were some really high notes in this one and some really low notes. Overall  it was a or read on a tough subject of child abduction and sexual abuse. Unfortunately, the twists came without any turns so some parts didn't make sense as the story progressed. What just happened came to mind on more than one occasion. The characters of Vega, Cam and Nell were well drawn and I would take a shot at reading about them again.

Copy provided by the Publisher and NetGalley
This was a child abduction mystery which is hard for me to read.  There is a special place in hell for people who prey on children.  The story is a good mystery.   The characterizations were well done.   The author clearly showed foibles and strengths and did a nice job showing emotions.   I enjoyed the book and recommend it.
This was a decent read. The main character, Alice Vega, was very strange. Intelligent and tough, but weird.

There was something that kept niggling at my brain while reading this. Then it hit me. This was a YA book. I guess I should have figured that out way before the end with all the "duh's" I said to myself when the book was way over explaining things.

Not that being a YA is bad, it was just that it was a surprise to me that I didn't figure out until the end.

A good read that I enjoyed.

Thanks to Doubleday Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.
There was a lot going on in this book and there were parts I enjoyed. Overall, it was just meh though. There was a lot of info on some characters, but I didn't feel a connection to any of them.
I loved this book and couldn’t put it down. Being from Pennsylvania, I appreciated the setting of the book and the reference to the growing oxy crisis in our state. I loved that the girls’ mother wasn’t perfect. Fast paced thriller.
Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna
This is the first book I have read bu Louisa Luna. This story is gritty but I found it difficult to connect with Vega. She was very robotic with very little compassion. The story starts to stall out with the endless pages of  conversations and dialog. Which caused this reader to flip pages to find out the end of the story.
When two sisters go missing their family calls in Alice Vega. She's had success finding missing kids. While working this case she hires ex cop local private investigator Max Caplan. Alice was very rough around the edges but going through some personal losses. She's someone that doesn't stop until the job is done. No matter the cost.

By the end of the book my jaw was dragging the floor. I never saw it coming! Smh. I dont think this is a series but it should be. Cap and Vega are good together. Nell was the glue that held all of Caplans relationships together. I will definitely be recommending this book to friends and family.

When there are no leads on missing persons, the first person you should call is Alice Vega, a PI who seems to do the impossible. Like a dog with a bone, Vega is tenacious in digging for the seemingly smallest clue and finding missing children.

After two young sisters had disappeared from a strip mall parking lot in a small town, the devastated mother fearing that the police were doing nothing, hires an enigmatic bounty hunter. The police in this small town are stretched to the limit fighting a drug epidemic so they aren’t about to give Vega any leads (not that they had any). Needing some tie-in with the police, Vega hires a disgraced ex-cop, Max Caplan who only wants to put the...

See Full Review
Engrossing, well written story of two girls that go missing.  It's up to Vega and Caplan to save the day!  This kept me engaged, and surprised me along the way. The end is the shocker and one I just didn't see coming. I give it 4 stars!!
A thrilling mystery book that feels familiar yet has its own twists and turns as you continue on through the story. The two main characters, Max Caplan and Alice Vega have somewhat cliche characterizations and a romance that feels forced, but it didn't make them unlikable. Max reads very "Harry Bosch" to me. The unraveling at the end was a bit slow for me, but I think it wasn't as predictable as I was assuming it would be.