Cover Image: Sheet Pan Suppers Meatless

Sheet Pan Suppers Meatless

I thought this was a great basic book for sheet pan dinners - one pan dinners made in the oven. I especially liked that this title solely was dedicated to meatless sheet pan dinners.
I am not a vegetarian but I am always looking for meatless meals to add into our rotation. I also love the concept of sheet pan cooking. I couldn't really find any recipes I was particularly interested in to try out. It was a great concept for a book, it just wasn't for me.
This is a great book to have in the sheet pan repertoire. It is very inventive with flavor combinations. I have highlighted more than two dozen recipes as ones to try right away. As with any concept like this, there are some stretches. While it is intriguing to cook grains like brown rice and quinoa right on the sheet pan, I'm not sure it's worth the potential disaster not to mention using all that aluminum foil. In theory, I'd like to try it and see how it goes. In practice, I'm too busy and dinnertime is too hectic for such experiments so I'll just make it on the stovetop. That said, it is in no way a deal breaker and I look forward to having many new easy and convenient recipes in my playbook.
This is a non-fiction book with meatless recipes. Enjoyed the recipes. Tried three of them, and they turned out to be well.. However, I wanted it to be more expansive.
This cookbook was made available to me through NetGalley. The meals looked delicious, and I am always ready for a good vegetarian recipe. That being said, I did not feel compelled to try any of the recipes from this book.
The concept behind this cook book is a good one, and very popular right now.  I especially liked the variety of recipes and that the meals were not just dinners.  Oh, and did I mention they're all vegetarian?  Reading this prompted me to purchase the original sheet pan cook book.
Not a bad book whatsoever, I'm not vegetarian but always on the look out for some quick and easy meals that are tasty
While the one-pot meals are very popular right now, I prefer the sheet pan meals and this was the perfect book. Simple and easy to use vegetarian options all for the sheet pan.
Some recipes are not easy to make.  Involving in so many steps to completed.
The ease of finding delicious recipes that are vegetarian are endless.  I love that this book has such a wide variety of recipes for varying tastes.   I would have appreciated more meal recipes, instead of including desserts-- I find that desserts are already meatless.  I tried one of the the recipes that cooked pasta-- Well laid out, easy to follow recipe that worked wonderfully.
As a home cook who recently discovered the joy and simplicity of roasting vegetables on a sheet pan (beets are divine this way), I really like this cookbook.  There are recipes here that I never would have even considered cooking on a sheet pan such as Sheet Pan Chili or Mushroom Risotto and some that just look and sound delicious such as Chocolate Brownie Scones and Summer Tomato Slab Pie.  The photos are beautiful and the instructions clear.  I have recently gone totally plant-based so many of the recipes won't fit my new lifestyle without some tweaks but I'll definitely be trying some tweaking.
I love spending time cooking in my kitchen but there are days when I just want to be done in a flash and still eat tasty meals. Enter Sheet Pan Suppers. This book is a life saver when things get busy and it has earned its place on my book shelf.
This book contains a very interesting and colourful set of ideas for innovative cooking using a sheet pan in the oven ( All vegetarian, some with egg which can be substituted if required). I was unable to attempt any of the recipes while I still had access to the book but they sounded tasty.

The only drawback of the book would be that some of the ideas would be faster directly on the stove in the normal way. Putting them on and off the sheet pan might be more time-consuming. That fact aside, this is a good book to have on the shelf for experimentation.
I don't think I have even been this excited to try every single recipe and only eat vegetarian for a month. Everything, and I mean everything, looks delicious in this book. Even vegetables I don't particularly like sound yummy (Raquel combines them with some of my favorite condiments and nuts). This one is definitely going on my Christmas/birthday list.
Most of the dishes I wouldn't make..............sorry
This is a great book that I will recommend to patients! The meals look nutritious, delicious and are simple - just what we are looking for with our busy lifestyles!
Published by: Workman Publishing (13th October 2017)

ISBN: 978-0761189930

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 3*

Description:

Sheet Pan Suppers is back! This time, with 100 vegetarian recipes for satisfying, sumptuous full meals-all made on a sheet pan, and all meat-free. It's the one-pot meal reinvented with a healthy twist, and what is sure to become every busy cook's new favourite way of getting dinner on the table. There are recipes for complete meals, snacks, brunch, and even dessert, that require nothing more than a sheet pan, your oven, and Raquel Pelzel's inspired take on satisfying, delectable, vegetarian cooking. Recipes include Orzo with Pan-Roasted Tomatoes, Lemon, and Mozzarella; Loaded Chilaquiles with Baked Eggs; Super Creamy No-Boil Mac and Cheese; and more.

Review:

I was really interested to try some of the recipes in here as it seemed so easy to just pop the ingredients on a baking tray and stick them in the oven. Was it really that simple? Erm...no not really! Some of the recipes required you to put foil (which I don't like using) between the tray and your ingredients, which made me just want to abandon the whole tray idea and just use a pan on the hob. Then when it came to stir part-way through the cooking time, the ingredients were stuck to the foil, so it ripped. Using spray oil instead of foil would have been a whole lot easier! For some, using your own initiative when it comes to preparation makes it easier.

A lot of these recipes are great, for example the orzo with tomatoes and carrots with garam masala, but a lot rely heavily on dairy and eggs, so would not be suitable for anyone following a vegan diet or with high cholesterol. There is plenty of variety here for most , and many easily adaptable with a bit of thought.

I received an advanced egalled from Workman Publishing via Netgalley.
I was really excited about this book until I reviewed it.  Just wasn't what I was expecting.  To me when it says Sheet Pan Suppers I am expecting the whole meal to be done on the sheet pan, not 12 dishes later (ok a tad bit of exaggerating).  Some of the recipes I would never make as they aren't my style.  Was just an ok cookbook.
This is a great cookbook!  simple and easy ideas with  lot of flavors. I got some unique ideas  Recipes  sound  easy to follow and most are pretty quick to prepare. with some requires pre-preparation. otherwise messy free cooking. I am going to some of the recipes.