Cover Image: Kiss Me in New York

Kiss Me in New York

I did enjoy this overall, but there were moments where I didn’t love it. I’m giving it 3.5 out of 5 stars. This review is for an ARC, and reflects my honest opinion.

It’s been a while since I read a YA book, so it was a bit weird getting back into that mindset. However, I ended up really liking both Charlotte and Anthony. The beginning was rough for me though, because they were both dealing with heartbreak, and I wasn’t sure how this was going to transition into something else.

I liked how they pushed each other, and despite their reservations, they ended up loving the time spent together. The book that started everything between them ended up helping them heal, and move on. I also enjoyed what we saw of Anthony’s family, and I loved Mistake (although I don’t know about that name). The epilogue was a short glimpse of what’s to come, but I was hoping it was set further into the future.
DNF

I would like to thank netgalley and Kids Can Press for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

I liked the idea of the plot, but just couldn't get into it.
A very adorable cover for a fluffy and sweet ya romance for the holiday season. A bit of a whirlwind romance in the midst of a blizzard, this is sure to delight fans of quick, snowy love.
Kiss Me in New York is a cosy winter read, which will leave you feeling warm inside. The premise is more than a little clichéd. Charlotte been broken up with two weeks before Christmas and is preparing to go back to England and have Christmas Day with her family. The weather has other plans for Charlotte and all of the flights to England have been cancelled and postponed. After falling in love with the idea that New York is where her life begins, her experiences have made her feel like it's the last place she wants to spend Christmas. When she sees another couple breaking up right in front of her in the airport at Christmas, it looks like fate has a different plan for her this year.

This book must be the quickest read I've had all year because of how easy it was to read. It's a fairly short story and is easy to sit and plough through in one sitting. Hilariously, Charlotte is bought the wrong book in a bookshop after having books fall on her. Somewhat typically the book is called 'Ten Easy Steps for Getting Over Your Ex'. This book leads her on a crazy whirlwind adventure around New York following the steps with the young man (Anthony), who has just been broken up with at the airport.

I loved the fact that Charlotte is a whiner or whinger in this story. She's fairly cool and collected about the break up and is determined to not let the events leading up to this spoil her Christmas. All things considered, she's fairly confident and determined! Much stronger than most people would be after a break up.

Following the steps in the book leads them on a merry goose chase around New York doing lots of things on a whim and even sort of breaking the law. It all happens in one evening so seems a lot in a very short amount of time but I still really enjoyed this book.

If it's a lovely Christmas holiday read you are looking for, then look no further. It's a sweet and enjoyable page turner.
There's absolutely no doubt that this book was sweeter than sweet. The synopsis was as close to the story as it could be. If you're a young adult fan, I would definitely suggest reading this book.

New York City. JFK Airport. Christmas Eve. This was a perfect setting for this book. It's a story of: weather hits, cancelled flights, strangers meet, and you know what happens next.

I think that this book had a lot of great qualities, but the writing was something that I couldn't get into. It was dragging along for me at some parts which was tough because I really liked the story. I think that the problem that I had most of all was that even though sometimes parts were dragging, a lot of the time I felt like it was going too fast.

Catherine Rider did a phenomenal job with Anthony and Charlotte's chemistry. I think that their chemistry was definitely visible and very sweet.
This was such a cute read of second chances and fate and everything else set in the magical world of New York City, where anything feels possible. I don't want to give away the end, but I have to say it's the journey that makes it such a good read, and the end is just perfect icing.
This is the perfect Christmas romance in one neat package. this book actually reminds me of most of the Hallmark movies around the winter time. I love reading this book last Christmas and enjoying the hopeless sappy romance. I can't wait to return to this book and reread it Its everything a romance should have, boy falls for girl, but neither are sure but in the end, it happens in a romantic way. I would recommend this book to everyone
My reading tastes have changed a lot since requesting this book so unfortunately I wont be continuing with the book. Even though I didn't finish it, I would recommend it to a younger audience, or those who enjoy YA/Romance/Contemporary more than I do.
When I first got this one, I thought it would go really well because I loved the slightly similar novel, The Statistical Probability of Love at first sight. But, I just couldn't do it. The MC is so overwhelmingly negative and slightly annoying in just the first chapter alone that I didn't want to continue. She complains about everything and says the skyline is "sad", and all of this is over a breakup. Everything somehow becomes a negative and it got frustrating fast. I assume people can be down after a breakup, but this negatively seems overwhelmingly negative vs. what I would assume one would feel. I think if the MC wasn't negative 100% of the time and didn't annoyingly assign Capital Letters to Nonsense, that I could have had better luck with this one.
Adorable story and relationship. I couldn’t read the e-arc at the time, so I borrowed it from my library.
While this was a fun and holiday-themed contemporary, there were quite a few things about this book that didn't mesh well with me, like the characters themselves as well as the relationships that developed.
I felt that this was the perfect holiday read.  It was a quick fast paced, fun easy read.

The story was a cute fluffy winter contemporary, but didn't feel there was a lot of substance for the story.   It had the makings of everything I loved: New York City, two people falling in love, and Christmas, but it fell flat in the story and I ended up just feeling like it was an okay read.

I had some minor issues with the characters, but would recommend to anyone who is needing a quick holiday/snow day/raining day read.
The premise of this story is so promising! Reading the description makes one want to curl up with a blanket and hot chocolate to read it. The start of the novel pulls the reader right in, and the story takes off quickly from there. As a native New Yorker, I can say that Rider did a great job describing, and characterizing, the city. The setting is vital to this story, and I think it's what makes this book so romantic. There were some parts where the story slowed and I grew somewhat bored, but I think it's because the story takes place over a short period of time. I'd recommend this to students in December and through the winter when snow days might be likely.
DNF at 40%

I found the concept to be interesting but not well executed.  The characters were so one dimensional and they didn't seem like real characters.  The events that happened in the book were completely unrealistic and so cliche.  It is a cute concept though, but I did not enjoy the book.
Kiss Me in New York is a wonderful story to read during the holiday season, but also an enjoyable book all year round that will make you smile and lift your spirits. It was quick, fun and charmingly cute.

Two strangers meeting, bonding over their breakups, and eventually falling for each other was such a delightfully entertaining story. The concept has definitely been done before, but I still had a really great time reading and getting to know Charlotte and Anthony. I thought the writing style was effortless and engaging and the plot was fast-paced with plenty of fun surprises sprinkled throughout. There was one part about the romance that didn’t sit that well with me, but overall, I thought it was adorably sweet and cute. The story concluded beautifully and left me feeling happy.

I liked Charlotte and Anthony. I thought they were both interesting and relatable characters and I loved watching them get to know each other. They definitely had their own emotional baggage to deal with, so it was really fun to read their POVs and see them go through the steps to healing their broken hearts. I really did enjoy the progression of their relationship and thought their chemistry felt natural and sweet. The romance was realistic to some extent, but I didn't particularly like something that happened towards the end. However, this is a love story during Christmas time, and anything is possible with a little Christmas magic right?

This book was lighthearted, fun, and entertaining. I loved the different adventures, mishaps, and heartwarming moments. The characters were likable and the romance was adorable. Kiss Me in New York was a quick short read, but it was also incredibly sweet, funny, and uplifting. I'm definitely looking forward to going on the next adventure and more swoons in Kiss Me in Paris.

If you’re in the mood for something adorably entertaining, then I highly recommend you add this book on your TBR.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest and fair review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I found Kiss Me in New York to be a tad cheesy, but it was just what I was needing during those winter months. The beginning was definitely interesting, to say the least. Charlotte seemed to be way too pushy and cliche. The other characters we meet throughout the book (Cheese, Collin, etc.)  were also very cliche characters.
Would definitely recommend this to someone who wants a quick read! It was a cute seasonal read! I did have problems with the characters, but that’s just a personal opinion!
I love this book! The story line is absolutely adorable and the characters are so fun. I love the setting of New York City and especially at Christmas time which is my favorite thing ever. This book is just so cute!
I really enjoyed this book, and felt that it was the perfect blend of cheesy and cute and honest. I would liken this to a Jennifer E. Smith book, as it has the whirlwind and chemistry of one of her romances. I found it a touch too familiar or cliche at times, but overall thought it was a cute and quick read.
A cute love story. A great rainy day read that will make your heart warm.