Wish I Were Here

Pub Date   |   Archive Date 26 Sep 2017

A fun, interesting book but I couldn't stand the main character, seemingly more of a 20 year old than a 40 year old. Decently written, but the humor falls a little flat. A good first book.

Being a painter was like being a domesticated dog. I’d give birth to a litter, only to watch the pups be given away to neighbors, or total strangers. I’d never see them again. Never seeing her beautiful babies (art) is bad enough, but when one is a nude self-portrait, things get messy fast. Savannah Waters loses her ex to a drug overdose, and certainly his family and friends blame her. She didn’t break his heart, she pulverized it, she may as well be a murderer. His mother takes ownership of her self-potrait and sells it to a wealthy buyer (for far more than she herself has ever earned on her own sales) on the Isle de Brêhat. She is going to get it back! Her life is running away from...

See Full Review
Started strong but fizzled out by the end. The Dr/Boyfriend was just very puzzling. I laughed a lot along the way though. I thought the main character was very amusing and would like to read more of her bizarre adventures!