The Wife Between Us

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Jan 2018

The problem with mystery/thrillers that bank on a big twist shocking you is that if it doesn’t pay off then the reader is left with a rather slow story.

Although I didn’t guess the first twist, I also wasn’t surprised. I knew it must be something along those lines. And after that reveal, I was easily able to figure out the rest. There was a weird side story (about Maggie and Jason) that I didn’t get the pint of and I felt the epilogue was unnecessary- we really didn’t need one last twist and it didn’t add to or change the story.

That being said, The Wife Between Us is well written and held just enough intrigue to keep me turning pages. I’d be interested in seeing what these two authors...

See Full Review
This book kept my interest from the start. I loved how the story was woven together and it was never what I thought or expected. This was a great psychological thriller that will make you want to find out how it ends.
Thank you for the chance to review this book, however, unfortunately, I was unable to read and review this title before it was archived.
A psychological thriller about a naive young woman with an older rich fiance, and a messed up woman still recovering from her not so happy marriage but also obsessed with her ex-husband's new fiance.
I almost immediately guessed one of the biggest twists of the books, but there were definitely a few other twists that took me by surprise. This book was pretty entertaining and if you enjoy psychological thrillers where you question whether the narrator is reliable, you will probably enjoy it even if it is not the best of its genre. It was just a little too preposterous for me.
My reading experience 2.5/5
This is a thriller  so do not expect me to write was it is about....
I found the novel well writing and it has the suspense necessary for me to keep reading, I was always guessing what was going to happen next. Being honest I guested where the plot was going within the firsts chapter but there was a twist that made me keep reading.
I found it entertain but it didn't blow me away. I wasn't invested enough in the main character's motives, the way she tried to uncovered 'the true', her true and and one thing I won't accept a character attitude (or personality) justified by a drinking excess.
Definitely not what I was expecting. I've heard reviews saying that this is already one of the best books of the year and far surpasses Gone Girl and wondered what everyone was talking about it as I began reading. I wasn't too excited at the beginning, assuming it was one of the "scorned ex-wife/lover seeks revenge" books but it really wasn't. The first big twist doesn't come until nearly halfway through, and the remainder of the novel takes you on a wild ride.
This was a great, fast-paced psychological thriller!It is a story about marriage, friendship, manipulation and betrayal.

"You will assume you know the motives, the history, the anatomy of the relationships.
Assume nothing."

Yes! I read a lot of thrillers and I can usually pick up on what is happening, but this one surprised me.
A must read.
Very well-written and what a twisty-mctwisterson middle section. A friend asked what I was reading when i was about halfway through and I couldn't even explain it. Not my new favorite book, but it was very nicely done.
This was a gripping thriller that left you guessing every step of the way, since nothing is as it seems.  Great page turner.
What a rollercoaster ride! This book was so thrilling and just down right crazy. I didn't know what was going to happen next and I love that in a suspenseful read. A+++!!!

ARC provided by NetGalley.
I loved the description of the book, but I wasn't able to get into the story.
Wow! Amazing! I could hardly keep up with the plot. it was very clever, very twisty and really unpredictable .Everything I look for in a thriller, I could not read it fast enough. It made me think and kept me guessing, very well written, I can't recommend it enough. Thanks so much to the Publishers and Netgalley for an ARC.
If you like suspense with a big twist that makes you question everything you've read, then maybe this book is for you.

Otherwise, steer clear.

I received a free ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.
I couldn't put this book down! The writing style draws you in and you just have to keep reading to see what's going to happen next! At first, you think you are getting to know this one character and then up pops another important one. There are several twists and turns throughout that keep the suspense building and I didn't even see the last twist until there it was! Never saw that coming one bit! Quite a lot of psychological twists and turns to keep you guessing!

This book that was just released was such a fun ride trying to guess what was going on! A lot of books have been called "the next Gone Girl", but I think this one is the real deal. I also think people who enjoy psychological thrillers with unreliable narrators will enjoy this one even more. Because of all the twists and turns it is going to be hard to write about the book without giving away too much either. Suffice it to say that rich, successful, attractive Richard has been married before and his ex is obsessed with her replacement. As the story unfolds, the history of the marriage and several past secrets are revealed. This story is interspersed with what is happening...

See Full Review
Well, this was a VERY interesting book! It takes the same old tale (husband, wife, mistress) and presents it in a very clever way. The first third of the story ends with such an unexpected twist that even though I’ve finished the book, l want to reread the beginning to make sure I understood it correctly! The rest of the book is pretty conventional  but still contains surprises. I read this in 1 day, couldn’t put it down. A quick, fun, read with a unique start. Apparently, this might be made into a movie but I can’t imagine how the beginning would be filmed.!

Fanastic read!!!!!!!!!!! 5 stars!!! Fascinating and engaging. Big plot twist about 40% in. I had to back track. I thought I missed something. It was delish! I love it when that happens.

Plenty posted by now about the plot and characters. I will add that they are definitely unreliable. All of them. Vanessa, the ex wife who is more than obsessive about her ex- Richard. Beautiful, romantic, controlling Richard. He divorced her to be with Nellie. Nellie----young, beautiful, kind. Nellie appears to be the younger version of Vanessa. Vanessa is sick with envy! Her life in in ruins. She stalks both Richard and Nellie. They are all a little messed up. I'll go ahead and tell you that. Not your...

Assume nothing.

So, of course, what do I do? Start making assumptions about what I know of the women in the book. I was thinking at first that she had schizophrenia or some other type of disease, but as the book progressed, it was quite obvious it was not going to be that simple (although that would NOT have been simple either). Nearly halfway through there is a lovely twist.

LOVELY.

I didn't see it coming. I had to think about what I just read and put together the clues to understand how it all worked together so seamlessly. There are many clues but I still did not see it. Not even close.

You know those scares in movies? The jump scares that movies have so much now? Here there are...

What did I just read?

This book was all over my Instagram and Twitter the last few weeks and I was intrigued when one of my favorite authors was reading it as well.

It’s been a long time since I have read a book like this one. A lot of people compared it to Gone Girl, but I thought it was better than that. Gone Girl for me was kind of meah. This one was better.

A novel of suspense that explores the complexities of marriage and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love.

When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.
You will assume you are reading about a jealous wife and her obsession with her replacement.
You will assume you are reading about a woman about to enter...

See Full Review
I cannot praise this book enough and I wish I had words to describe how much I love this book. It pulls you in, leads you down a dark path, only to surprise you when you reach the bright light at the end of the journey. Sometimes love leads us into dangerous situations, making us blind to all the warnings. A must-read for lovers of thrillers and surprise endings alike.