The Wife Between Us

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Jan 2018

I quickly became involved in this book and read every chance I had. I enjoyed the the novel and the writing was good. About halfway through there came a point which I now realize was a twist, but I didn't realize that at the time. It was actually quite confusing. I read through this trust and kept flipping back pages to make sure I didn't misunderstand or misread something. Once I realized I what was actually going on, I was able to piece things together.

The second and third parts of the book were good, and I was invested. There were still parts that I had to stop and think about because of the number of similar characters.

So overall, I liked the storyline and was impressed...

See Full Review
A huge thank you to @stmartinspress, @greer.hendricks and @sarahpekkanen for sending me an early copy of The Wife Between Us to read and review!  I loved this book!! What a twisty-turny story full of lies, manipulation and some very unexpected outcomes. Perfect for the fan of unreliable narrators, thrilling plot twists and un-put-downable books that will have you reading them long into the night.
Very original plot, with a totally unexpected twist. The writing quality is wonderful. The suspense is adequate.
Good grief! There’s so many twist and turns in this psychological thriller it felt as though my head was in a spin! I initially thought I’m about to enter into another ‘Fatal Attraction’ obsession where the ex-wife is unable to move on from their broken marriage and is out to eliminate the fiancé. But with a few simple words in part 2 changed the course of the plot and what I thought about the characters entirely. I had to reread and re-think everything, and then train my brain it to follow this new direction. Complex and unique page-turner. Definitely worth the read.

Thanks to the publishers and Netgalley for my review copy.
Kept me turning the pages. The twist wasn't at all what I expected.
I had this on my to be read pile for a while. I finally picked to up and read it in three sittings. The Wife Between Us has you guessing through most of the book as to who was the psychopathy.  A very enjoyable read, fast, easy, what is better then an ex-wife, ex-husband, new fiance one big happy family. A must read for those who like love, romance, deception. Don't wait like I did and let a good read fly pass you. Jump on it.

(2)The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
By Charlotte's Web of Books Sunday, January 07, 2018 2018, ARC, Netgalley, Psychological Thriller 2 comments

The Wife Between Us is a tale of two women. There is Vanessa, the ex-wife, and there is her replacement. You assume that you know how this story is going to go, but you would be wrong. Vanessa seems to be unhinged and is destroyed by the thought of her ex-husband getting remarried. She drinks too much, misses too much work and gets fired. She is desperate to stop Richard from marrying again and starts to take all sorts of steps to prevent the wedding from happening. Like sending letters, texts, and showing up...

See Full Review
Twisty-turny story about a woman's obsession with a soon-to-be-wed couple.
I really devoured this book! Each page kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. I loved how you never really could tell what was going on or who to believe (in a good way!) Such a great suspenseful read!

With a blurb like that there's every reason for this book to have gripped a lot of bloggers and readers, unfortunately it wasn't for me. I suppose another thing about the blurb is that it means I can't really tell you much about the book, except it is the story of a wife and her husband and a replacement for the wife.

In the book we are watching as Richard, the perfect husband, makes a new life with another woman. We are led to believe that his ex wife is a mess that he could not in the end, cope with, hence they are no longer together. This book is a roller coaster ride. At times you do not know who is speaking as you find out more and more about a marriage that was the...

See Full Review
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC of The Wife Between Us!

One of my fave thrillers, year to date! I could NOT put it down!

Fair warning, once you start, you won’t be able to stop!!
I absolutely enjoyed this book and could not put it down. I didn't get around to reading it before it was released which I then felt badly about once I did start reading and realized just how incredible it was.
I think I am in the minority but I did not enjoy The Wife Between Us'. I found it rather confusing and although there were twists, there was not much substance to the book. I will say that the book held my interest for the first half but the I felt the ending did not work.
What a twist! A really great twist happens about halfway through that I didn't see coming at all. I really enjoyed the first half of the novel and felt really blown away when the author took the book in an entirely different direction. My only complaint was the epilogue. Felt a little too unbelievable and didn't really fit with the rest of the narrative. Otherwise a fabulous psychological suspense novel. Review posted to Goodreads and Amazon
Two women-one man and a very interesting triangle. One woman is the ex-wife determined to prevent her successor from marrying her ex. What is her motive? Is she being vindictive toward the soon-to-be new bride for “stealing” her ex’s affections or is there another reason at foot? No spoilers here-there are so many twists and turns that keep this book moving at a rapid pace and just when you think you’ve figured everything out, think again! I really recommend this thriller!
I thought I knew what was going on, but man did Greer trick me! I loved the two stories that wind up being the same woman. Highly recommended especially if you love a twist.
This book starts off slow, and honestly, I thought it was going to be very predictable, but stick with it.  The second part of the book keeps you guessing, and when you think you have it all figured out, it twists and turns some more.
I loved the suspense and mystery in this book.  The story line never kept my attention.  It was a fantastic read!

“The Wife Between Us” is a suspenseful psychological thriller that had me reading and then going back to re-read because I wasn’t sure I remembered correctly.
Vanessa Thompson is a divorced woman who is barely managing to keep herself together who exists in an alcoholic haze on her days off from work. Here are days she arrives late to work because of her hangover from her evening drinking. Her former husband, Richard is planning to remarry and Vanessa decides that she cannot allow another woman to suffer what she suffered during her marriage.

Will the other woman believe her? Is Vanessa reliable? The dialogue and the characters are well developed and I will admit that I read it in one...

See Full Review
This was holy crap good!!

I hope they make it into a movie someday. I don’t give 5 stars very often but this is one of them.

*Thanks to the publisher for providing an arc of this edition via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.