Bride Undone

Pub Date   |   Archive Date 18 Sep 2017

I really had trouble getting into the book initially and getting caught up in the emotions of the characters. The storyline was good, but it just didn’t stand out in my mind amongst other books in the genre. The blurb was great, but overall the book just fell flat for me.
I did not finish this book. The plot of the book was a bit much and even with that, this book was boring.

I received a copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Not only was the bride undone, I felt this book was undone. The author does not do a good job of explaining the son’s anger issues or resolve the issues between the father and son. Chloe was a very shallow character. I kept waiting for the author to give a better explanation for her actions other than selfishness. Overall the book was too “Fifty Shades of Grey” for me. Much of the book is erotic sex without much relationship development. The relationship between Wes and Chloe is not developed into anything substantial. By the end of the book, I still felt it was purely a sexual relationship...

See Full Review
I was disappointed in this one. I felt there was a story there but for somehow it did not reach me. I wasn’t sure about the whole premise of a bride falling for the groom’s father-in-law but feel this is something that has to have happened in the past. Yes, there is a lot of sex in the book (erotic romance, come on!) but the story felt hollow to me. To me words were written to keep the characters going between the sex scenes. On the other hand, it was an entertaining story that can let your mind escape our normal boring everyday life.
This is a hot little read not much story to it and it may not be for everyone but worth a go
This book was an engaging erotic read. It had a good story line and was very detailed.

ARC received via NetGalley, thank you Xpresso Book Tours. If you like yachts, tropical islands, and lots and LOTS of hot lovemaking then this is definitely for you. I was looking forward to reading this book since I believe in soulmates and being with the person you're meant to be. I didn't really expect that the person Chloe falls for would be HIM. (I'm not saying who to avoid spoilers.) I was very much surprised to find out he has captured her heart. I gave it two stars because all the book talked about was their time in a "runaway-vacation" sort of thing. They barely talked about their problems, there was barely any conclusion everything was in loose ends. There was no closure...

See Full Review
This was not my cup of tea. I had a really hard time engaging with the story and in the end it wasn't enough to keep my attention. I found myself putting it down and not wanting to pick it back up. I only made it 60% through before finally giving up. Storyline was unbelievable and shallow. Characters lacked depth and were irritating. The erotic bits were probably okay but unfortunately I'm not a fan of erotic romance so the whole story fell flat for me. Thank you to Netgalley and publisher for a copy of book in exchange for an honest review. I was really hoping to like the book but it wasn't for me.