Bride Undone

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Sep 2017

I really had trouble getting into the book initially and getting caught up in the emotions of the characters.  The storyline was good, but it just didn’t stand out in my mind amongst other books in the genre.  The blurb was great, but overall the book just fell flat for me.
I did not finish this book.  The plot of the book was a bit much and even with that, this book was boring.
I received a copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Not only was the bride undone, I felt this book was undone.  The author does not do a good job of explaining the son’s anger issues or resolve the issues between the father and son.

Chloe was a very shallow character.  I kept waiting for the author to give a better explanation for her actions other than selfishness.

Overall the book was too “Fifty Shades of Grey” for me.  Much of the book is erotic sex without much relationship development.  The relationship between Wes and Chloe is not developed into anything substantial.  By the end of the book, I still felt it was purely a sexual relationship and not worth hurting people you supposedly love.

If this review was helpful to you please click the button below.
I was disappointed in this one. I felt there was a story there but for somehow it did not reach me. I wasn’t sure about the whole premise of a bride falling for the groom’s father-in-law but feel this is something that has to have happened in the past. Yes, there is a lot of sex in the book (erotic romance, come on!) but the story felt hollow to me. To me words were written to keep the characters going between the sex scenes.
On the other hand, it was an entertaining story that can let your mind escape our normal boring everyday life.
This is a hot little read not much story to it and it may not be for everyone but worth a go
This book was an engaging erotic read. It had a good story line and was very detailed.
ARC received via NetGalley, thank you Xpresso Book Tours.

If you like yachts, tropical islands, and lots and LOTS of hot lovemaking then this is definitely for you.

I was looking forward to reading this book since I believe in soulmates and being with the person you're meant to be. I didn't really expect that the person Chloe falls for would be HIM. (I'm not saying who to avoid spoilers.) I was very much surprised to find out he has captured her heart.

I gave it two stars because all the book talked about was their time in a "runaway-vacation" sort of thing. They barely talked about their problems, there was barely any conclusion everything was in loose ends. There was no closure with Chloe's 'ex-fiance' though I understand it'd be too early for that but it would've been good to put him back in the picture for a while and learn how he's doing. All the other characters are in the dark regarding to Chloe's activities and it didn't seem like they (Chloe and runaway partner) were planning to tell them. I wanted more to happen. More with the people who surround our runaway partners but in the end they acted like nothing else matters. I kept two stars for the steamy scenes of course, there were a lot of them. Considering Chloe's small problem in bed, she'd want to go all out with the man who's finally for her.

Unless there'd be a sequel, I wouldn't be satisfied with the entirety of the story.
This was not my cup of tea. I had a really hard time engaging with the story and in the end it wasn't enough to keep my attention. I found myself putting it down and not wanting to pick it back up. I only made it 60% through before finally giving up. Storyline was unbelievable and shallow. Characters lacked depth and were irritating. The erotic bits were probably okay but unfortunately I'm not a fan of erotic romance so the whole story fell flat for me. Thank you to Netgalley and publisher for a copy of book in exchange for an honest review. I was really hoping to like the book but it wasn't for me.
Bride Undone is a hot little tale. Chloe is just a short time away from her wedding, and she's having doubts. She's unsure if what she feels for Conner is true love, so she's been crashing weddings to see if she can figure it out by watching other people who are in love and getting married. Then, she meets Conner's estranged father, Wes, and she's seriously attracted to the man. Conner has never been able to give Chloe an o and it's concerning to her. But, when she meets Wes suddenly she's having all these sexy feelings for him, even fantasizing about him while she and Conner are having sex. She's so conflicted, and not sure what she should do about it.

Things happen and Wes whisks Chloe off to the Caribbean for a getaway and it's there their relationship gets down and dirty. Kate Deveaux knows her away around a steamy scene, that's for sure. In fact, it's the best part of Bride Undone. Sex can't make a story alone, but in this case, it really helps. I can't say that I like Chloe particularly, she's kind of immature and annoying, but her chemistry with Wes is electric and it went a long way to helping me deal with her. I liked Wes, though and he's part of why I didn't rate this lower.

I don't mind the falling for her soon to be father-in-law part, I don't even mind Chloe's immaturity that much, but the plot just wasn't well fleshed out enough for me. Bride Undone is too short for their relationship to develop into something deep and substantial. It's hot and Wes is a likable character, but that's about it. I'd guess that I could just write this off as a hot piece of erotic fiction and leave it at that.
I did not really enjoy this book. It was slow paced and the story seemed a bit rushed. I would not recommend this book
I am very conflicted on this book. On one hand it was super hot and a wild ride. On the other hand I did not connect with it. I really felt for Chloe and her predicament and the way the author showed her struggle was very real and everything was going well with the pace but then when she suddenly had these intense feelings for Wes and how she went about them, it left me feeling hollow. Chloe's character fell apart for me and then not too long after Wes did too. I just felt like it was missing something in their connection and I wasn't feeling Wes's building connection for her either, it felt too crazy especially for the situation they were in and then BAM they just want to be together. Morally, they should have gone about their relationship in a different way, at least clearing up the Chloe's situation with her fiance first before acting, (but also I felt it a bit too convenient that the fiance suddenly had serious 'issues' that it somehow made it seem like the situation should be OK, not that this doesn't actually happen in life but I have seen it be used in several books recently) and then the way they just left and had their wild week and then still by the end of the book I didn't feel like the plot of the story was wrapped up. Nothing felt resolved other than Chloe and Wes choosing each other.

As I said though it is hot hot hot (though a bit repetitive) - if I ignored the plot of the book and just enjoyed Chloe and Wes being together I could like it more.

3 Stars
Chloe is having second thought about marrying her fiancé and has been going to crash other weddings in hopes of finding what true love really looks like.  She then meets her fiancé’s estranged father the chemistry is undeniable and knows for sure she is marrying the wrong man.  Can she end her engagement without hurting her fiancé?  This is a fast paced read with good characters and an interesting story.  I really liked it!
Great easy fun vacation read! There were a free grammar mistakes throughout the book, but not enough to take a way for the story.... Which was absolutely Amazing!
WOW is all i can say. Everyone must read this book you will be up all night trying to finish it. Again WOW