Hickville Redemption

Pub Date   |   Archive Date 17 Aug 2017

Book Review- Hickville Redemption by Mary Karlik Mackenzie Quinn is the shy one. She is now a freshman and Travis is still the one she can count on. However she has a crush on Braden McGuire and she is partnered up with him on the big anniversary article. Braden has an idea about telling the tragic story of Cassidy Jones and her death. There are big secrets behind her death and Braden is determined to reveal what really happened. No one in town wants to talk about it and that drives Braden even more. Plus he finds Kenzie fascinating, a puzzle to solve. Kenzie wants to date him and Travis gives her the space to do so. He also gives Kenzie a diary belonging to Cassidy. He wants...

See Full Review
I loved this book I was hooked from the very first page and I couldn't wait to read this book when I wasnt reading it because I wanted to know what was going to happen next to the characters. This is the first book that I have read by Mary and I will be reading more of her work in the future because I SAS hooked to this story and I loved Marys writing style. I also loved the chemistry between the characters
I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. This book has more twists and turns, that kept me reading until I was done. I love the unique people and situations in this book, that ties to a 30 year old mystery. I found this book to be a quick read, with a well developed plot and characters. I am looking forward to reading the first two books in the series. If you love a mystery mixed in with YA romance, I recommend this book.

Mackenzie has a crush on Braden, a slightly nerdy reporter on their school paper, and she is excited when he asks her on a date. Turns out, getting to know Mackenzie better isn't all Braden is interested in. Braden is determined to uncover the mystery surrounding the death of Cassidy Jones thirty years earlier- and Mackenzie's dad was dating her at the time. Mackenzie reluctantly agrees to help Braden investigate, in the hopes of clearing her dad of any involvement. I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but I ended up really enjoying it. It is the third book in the series, and I hadn't read the first two, but I didn't feel lost at all. This can definitely be read as a stand...

See Full Review