You're Gonna Love Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Feb 2018

This was a really sweet read. This is part of a series and I never read the 1st book but this book could be read as a standalone. I didn't felt lost at all. Basically it's about an accountant named Samantha from the city who moved to a small town named Thunder Creek for a while to help her grandmother after an horse accident. What Sam didn't know that her adventurous ex-boyfriend Nick was the one who assisted her grandmother after the accident happened. Small world, huh? It does get predictable from there. Nick was a adventurous guy but a near-death experience changed his life completely and now he's just settling down in this small town. Sam & Nick had a bad breakup which made their newfound friendship a lil complicated. Both battle their feelings for each other. The characters in the book were good, Gran was a delight. Sam did irked me a little in regards to Nick. But it all worked out in the end. The romance was cute but the proposal came pretty quick. I like that Nick really cared for Sam. Not enough drama in this book either. Nonetheless good read.
What a delight to return for a visit to Thunder Creek and touch base with old friends and meet some new ones too! The author’s wonderful descriptions of the area almost makes me want to pack a bag to visit this fictional town. But another visit there through the pages of “You’re Gonna Love Me” will have to do for me.

I also loved every page of Sam and Nick’s story – one about forgiveness, second chances and facing your fears. I can absolutely relate to Sam’s cautionary nature for I am much the same way. At this point of my life, I’m not certain I can overcome my own fears but Sam’s experiences encourage me to try.

Another beautiful novel by Robin Lee Hatcher, “You’re Gonna Love Me” is one you will absolutely not want to miss!
Sweet romantic story about love, forgiveness, second chances, and trusting in God. Samantha and Nick are reunited after years of being apart after their breakup. They still have feelings for each other but both want different things from life and have very different hobbies.

I love that they reunite in a completely different town and state from where they met and dated. I loved the town Thunder Creek and all the characters-Samantha, her grandmother Ruth, Camila, Nick’s parents, Boomer the dog, Derek and Brooklyn.

Great story and steady plot. I like that Nick and Samantha tried to work out their differences by communicating and asking God for guidance. Really enjoyed this sweet story! I received a copy of this book complimentary for blog and social media review. All opinions are my own.
Nick and Samantha are two very different people, but they can't fight their attraction for one another. After a failed attempt at a relationship, they find themselves back in each other's lives when Samantha's grandmother gets injured. Will their rekindled relationship relationship work this time? Or will Samantha let her fears overwhelm her?

This book was a nice love story, but I felt like it was a little too rushed. I didn't feel like Nick and Samantha's relationship was realistic at times. I also didn't feel like this book was one that I will find very memorable. However, there wasn't anything particularly bad about it. Thank you for the chance to review this book!
Samantha Winters broke up with Nick Chastain because he was a professional daredevil, a college professor whose out-of-class adventures mean he’s an adrenaline-seeking modern Indiana Jones. Two years later, she’s back in her home town of Thunder Creek for three months, to help her grandmother recover from a riding accident. Nick is there, working on her brother’s farm. Why?

Nick was injured in a white-water rafting accident not long after he and Sam broke up. He suffers from memory loss, which means he can no longer teach, and he’s been told to stay away from the daredevil activities, as another accident could kill him. So he’s installing irrigation systems in Idaho. On Sam’s brother’s organic farm.

It doesn’t take long for the two to reconnect. It also doesn’t take long for the sparks to fly, as the two realise their old problems are still bubbling under the surface. I found Samantha frustrating. I could understand her fear that something might happen to Nick as he’s off doing all these dangerous things, but people choke to death on vegetables. We can’t live our lives in fear, or we’d never leave the house.

We're made in the image of God and God is the creator. Thus, we are all called to create.But that is Sam’s problem: she wants to feel safe. That’s why she’s stuck in a job she doesn’t really enjoy, because that’s easier than looking for another job. I can relate to that. If the current job allows you the time, money, and mental headspace to pursue hobbies, why change?

But I also found Nick frustrating, for not telling Samantha about his accident, and for not telling her the extent of his injuries. Especially for not telling her he was no longer the adventuring daredevil she’d broken up with.

I guess the plus part of these character quirks is it made them feel like real people. The opposites-attract plot isn’t original. It’s a romance so we all know how it’s going to end (if you weren’t sure, the clue is in the title). But the author manages to take what could be a cookie-cutter romance up a level with well-developed characters who are anything but cliche. Even though I knew what was going to happen, I wanted to see it play out on the page.

I especially liked the way the Christian faith was woven into the plot. It gave an added depth to the plot and to the characters, but it didn’t provide an “easy out”. The characters couldn’t just pray and have everything be fixed. That’s not real life, and it’s not good fiction either.

You’re Gonna Love Me is the sequel to You’ll Think of Me (Derek and Brooklyn’s story), but can easily be read as a standalone. Personally, I’d recommend starting at the beginning of the series—while You’re Gonna Love Me was good, I thought You’ll Think of Me was better. I’ll be interested to see whose story we get in the next visit to Thunder Creek.

Recommended for fans of family-based contemporary Christian romance stories.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley for providing a free ebook for review.
You're Gonna Love Me by Robin Lee Hatcher is a love story about second chances. Samantha Winters is an accountant who plays it safe.  She likes to maintain control of her life no matter what.  She returns home to help her grandmother after an accident, only to find a former boyfriend Nick lives there and actually helped her grandmother after the accident. This is a sweet love story overall.  I think it moved a little slow at times.  I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher.  These opinions are entirely my own.
'You're Gonna Love Me" was my first read from Robin Lee Hatcher. The book was good but very predictable. The characters were pretty one-dimensional and while I liked Nick's character, I really didn't like Samantha (and that stinks because we have the same name). I wanted to like them as a couple but they spent half the book not speaking to each other. I felt like I didn't see the characters 'fall in love' and that is my favorite part of a "romance" book. Honestly, Sam's grandmother, Ruth, was my favorite character.

This was an "okay" one for me. I doubt I will read it again and I have read others since this one that I would recommend over this one.

I'm sure I will eventually try some other titles by this author... but not right now.
Always a pleasure to read Ms. Hatcher's works. Excellent plot and characterization.
2 1/2 stars.

The story was okay, but it had the potential to be so much more. I didn't see any reason to include the grandmother's POV. In a romance, there should have been only Nick's and Sam's.

The author has problems with the transitions between chapters. It broke the flow and made the reading harder.
This book drew me in from the wonderfully thought out thread of how tragic events affect a person’s outlook on life.  The choices made and the future formed before them were being based on their experiences.  Sometimes those things have to be stopped.  The cycles need to be broken and not repeated.  Seeing the need for following God’s lead.  The other thing that hit me was the powerful troubles with a past head injury and the future unknowns.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
It deals with overcoming fears of the past and forgiveness and relying on God.  I enjoyed returning to Thunder Creek and catching up with past characters but this story was very slow going.
You're Gonna Love Me is told through present times and flashbacks, an interesting way to reveal the relationship of the key characters of Nick Chastain and Samantha Winters. Robin Lee Hatcher is a master at the romance genre and relating it to real life scenarios.This is a good book but not one of her best.

She deals with the subject of TBI (traumatic brain injury); but, other than a few instances, she doesn't show how the interactions and emotions of Nick and Samantha might be affected. Instead, more of the focus is on their failed relationship from the past and Samantha's fear of Nick taking chances with extreme sports and situations.

Several supporting characters are fun to get to know and Nick's dog adds interest. There is a HEA but I felt the resolution and ending were rushed considering the struggles through most of the book. It's worth your time to read but I don't consider it extra enthralling. I received this book for my honest review from Netgalley.
A sweet story of Hope, Second Chances, and True Love. I thought this book was interesting because of the way that the characters lives intersected. I thought the setting was amazing, and that the characters were sweet, flawed, and overall very likeable. This is my first time reading a book by this author, and I look forward to reading more.

A clean, heartwarming look at a Second Chance at Love.
Robin Lee Hatcher is a seasoned author who never disappoints me.  I love her storytelling ability. I always enjoy her work.  Five Stars.
There were just too many details. It seemed like everything was described to the finest detail. It took way too long to get to the important stuff. I normally like Hatcher's books but this one just wasn't stellar.
Title: You're Gonna Love me

Author: Robin Lee Hatcher

Series: Thunder Creek

Chapters: 31 plus epilogue

Pages: 306

Genre: Christian Romance

Rating: 4 stars

You're Gonna love me is the second book in the Thunder Creek series by Robin Lee Hatcher of which the first I liked but didn't love at least not enough to pick up the second book. That is until I discovered the title of the book.  You're Gonna Love Me, a title that just happens to share the title of my favorite love song. I even loved that the song was played in the story.

Samantha Winters and Nick Chastain have a past together they dated and it ended badly to say the least. Only Nick doesn't remember much of their relationship. A kayaking trip which ended in Nick having a traumatic brain injury.  The same trip that lead to Nick and Samantha break up.  Nick has moved to Thunder Creek Idaho for a new job and basically a new life.  His injury and the memory loss that goes with it doesn't allow him to teach anymore. Samantha ends up back in Thunder Creek help her grandma after an accident.

Nick doesn't know what to think we he literally runs into Samantha in her grandma's hospital room when he goes to visit. He never thought he would see her again.  Both Samantha and Nick have a lot to learn about God and trusting him. Nick with his brain injury and Samantha with her fear of losing those she cares about.

It was nice seeing Derek and Brooklyn in this one and visiting more with Ruth Derek and Samantha's grandma.  I love how close Samantha was close to her grandma reminds me a bit of the relationship I have with my grandma.  I'm curious to see where this series is going to go or if this one is the last one.
Robin Lee Hatcher's books always draw me in.  "You're Gonna Love Me" is no exception.  Samantha's life takes an unexpected turn when she takes a leave of absence from her job as an accountant to care for her injured Grandmother.  When she reconnects with former boyfriend Nick, Samantha has to face her past and her concept of "safety".  This sweet "coming home" story is combined with family, love, friendship, acceptance and forgiveness--along with enough action and unknowns to hold your interest to the very last page!
This is not the greatest book I have ever read, but it was a sweet love story just the same. I was fun to return to Thunder Creek and catch up with a few characters we previously met, and to get to know Sam and Nick as well.

The description of this book is basically the background information for the story. The book picks up with Nick already in Thunder Creek and Samantha arriving soon after. As soon as they speak to each other for the first time it is obvious sparks are flying and their relationship is going to pick back up.

But each character has healing to do in their heart and with God. It was sweet to see God perform that needed healing and calm their fears so they could pursue the relationship He had for them. Both Nick and Sam grew in God and with each other during their summer together in Thunder Creek and I wanted them to end up together so badly.

I thought this was a sweet read. It is the sequel to You'll Think of Me, but can still be read as a stand-alone very easily. A great addition to your reading list.
You're Gonna Love Me
by Robin Lee Hatcher

Thomas Nelson--FICTION

Thomas Nelson
Christian
Pub Date 12 Dec 2017

I am reviewing a copy of You're Gonna Love Me through Thomas Nelson and Netgalley:

Samantha Winters lives a safe life, the way an accountant should.  Her day to day life in a deliberate manner, but she does not expect to fall in love with Nick Chastain, who is anything but safe.

Despite her warnings, Nick plans a dangerous kayaking trip over spring break.  Angry she ends the relationship with hard words.

After Two years Samantha is ready for change.  She learns her Grandmother needs a caretaker and quickly heads to Thunder Creek Idaho, but she is not prepared to see Nick in her Grandmothers hospital room.

Can they set aside the disastrous first try at Love, and begin again?

Find out in You're Gonna Love Me