You're Gonna Love Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Feb 2018

Robin Lee Hatcher's books always draw me in.  "You're Gonna Love Me" is no exception.  Samantha's life takes an unexpected turn when she takes a leave of absence from her job as an accountant to care for her injured Grandmother.  When she reconnects with former boyfriend Nick, Samantha has to face her past and her concept of "safety".  This sweet "coming home" story is combined with family, love, friendship, acceptance and forgiveness--along with enough action and unknowns to hold your interest to the very last page!
This is not the greatest book I have ever read, but it was a sweet love story just the same. I was fun to return to Thunder Creek and catch up with a few characters we previously met, and to get to know Sam and Nick as well.

The description of this book is basically the background information for the story. The book picks up with Nick already in Thunder Creek and Samantha arriving soon after. As soon as they speak to each other for the first time it is obvious sparks are flying and their relationship is going to pick back up.

But each character has healing to do in their heart and with God. It was sweet to see God perform that needed healing and calm their fears so they could pursue the relationship He had for them. Both Nick and Sam grew in God and with each other during their summer together in Thunder Creek and I wanted them to end up together so badly.

I thought this was a sweet read. It is the sequel to You'll Think of Me, but can still be read as a stand-alone very easily. A great addition to your reading list.
You're Gonna Love Me
by Robin Lee Hatcher

Thomas Nelson--FICTION

Thomas Nelson
Christian
Pub Date 12 Dec 2017

I am reviewing a copy of You're Gonna Love Me through Thomas Nelson and Netgalley:

Samantha Winters lives a safe life, the way an accountant should.  Her day to day life in a deliberate manner, but she does not expect to fall in love with Nick Chastain, who is anything but safe.

Despite her warnings, Nick plans a dangerous kayaking trip over spring break.  Angry she ends the relationship with hard words.

After Two years Samantha is ready for change.  She learns her Grandmother needs a caretaker and quickly heads to Thunder Creek Idaho, but she is not prepared to see Nick in her Grandmothers hospital room.

Can they set aside the disastrous first try at Love, and begin again?

Find out in You're Gonna Love Me

Five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
One of the best romance novels I have read in a long time.  While the premiss of a past love coming back years later has been done, You're Gonna Love Me has some wonderful twists that add more depth to the story.  Samantha is an understandable, calculated character and while Nicks past was full of adventure he is a kind, patient, and humble person.  You will love every page and have a new view of an age old tale of past loves reunited.
Nick Chastain was a risk taker. There wasn't anything that he wouldn't do. From extreme sports and even the occasional dare, he never turned down an offer. He believed in living life to the fullest despite what risks there might be that something could go wrong. It was this attitude that both attracted Samantha Winters to him. They met at an accounting class and for Nick, she was his biggest challenge. They attempted to make a go at it with their relationship but with Sam's fears that one day Nick would be killed, they abruptly ended things on a bitter note.

It wasn't Sam's fault she felt this way, after watching her dad die while skiing, she knew that something life was ugly. This is why she wouldn't do anything or be with anyone who took those kinds of risks. Yet even after their breakup Sam had second thoughts and tried to reach out to Nick in hopes they might be able to work something out, but all her emails and text messages were never turned. That might be why she was more than surprised when she headed back to Idaho to care for her grandmother who was injured while horseback riding. It also gave her a much needed break working for a boss she hates, but she isn't one to quit when the going got tough. At least might give her time to put her own life in perspective.

When she saw Nick at the hospital, it definitely put things in perspective. He was the one to help her grandmother get help when he saw her fall from her horse. He is also more than surprised because Nick isn't that same guy as he was two years ago. He desperately wanted to tell Sam about the new life he was facing and the challenges that came with almost losing his life, two years ago, but it might also mean giving up on the chance to love anyone else again. If only they could find a way to resolve the past and find hope for a future.

I received You're Gonna Love Me by Robin Lee Hatcher compliments of NetGalley and Thomas Nelson Publishers. This is the second novel in the Thunder Creek series, and I absolutely LOVE the blunt honesty that comes across in this novel. Both characters are changed by something that made them face the certainty of death and it forever changed how they looked to the future. It is going to take some kindly advice from Sam's grandmother to put things in the light that they truly are. Only God knows what the future holds and to think otherwise doesn't convey that faith that they both claim to hold on to. A Discussion Guide is included at the conclusion of this book that would make this a wonderful book club selection. I give this one a 4.5 out of 5 stars in my opinion.
She’s done it again! Another sweet wonderful story. I loved seeing the characters from the first book well incorporated in the 2nd book. I also loved how the love story wasn’t quick and easy. They didn’t just turn around and fall in love on the next page. It had ups and downs and challenges and fear like a normal relationship. I hope there is another book and that all the characters are included in it so we can get updates on these people! The characters were well developed and well rounded. They weren’t perfect and had real reactions to things. Story read quickly and I had a hard time putting it down!
I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
YOU'RE GONNA LOVE ME is Ms. Hatcher's newest romance. Sam is dissatisfied in her life and job, but she is secure and she likes it that way.  Unfortunately, she fell in love with a risk taker and he took one too many risks, so they broke up. She couldn't live with the uncertainty.

Now, Nick is back. He can no longer work at his structured job at an university due to a brain injury following an accident. He doesn't expect to run into Sam at a hospital, nor does he expect that the older woman he rescued is Sam's grandma. His mind is altered, he struggles to remember things, but Sam, he remembers.

I wanted to like these characters, but I couldn't relate to either Sam or Nick. It was nice to see the changes in the lives of the main characters in the previous book You'll Think of Me and this one was wrapped up neatly at the end, with a HEA ending (which romance readers will love.)

There is no sexual tension between the characters and I found the pace a bit too slow, and the faith message is weak (but it is present.)

I did like the HEA ending. That was the highlight of the book.

Fans of Ms. Hatcher will love YOU'RE GONNA LOVE ME and be anxious to read more about the characters in Thunder Creek, Idaho.

I got a copy of the book free. All opinions are my own.
This book was just ok for me.  The storyline was a bit predictable and I did not feel any chemistry between the main characters.  I felt like they didn't talk about anything important the entire book.  I was left feeling a little bored and ended up skimming the end just so I could be done with it.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A fan of Robin Lee Hatcher's books!
Sam is allowing fears to rule and ruin her life. When her grandmother has an accident, Robin takes an extended leave from work, and goes to the small town of Thunder Creek to care for and help out her grandmother. Sam goes there not knowing that a previous boyfriend, Nick, is living and working there. Her feelings ran deep for Nick and possibly still do. But, Nick enjoyed adventures, that were sometimes dangerous as well as possibly life threatening, and Sam had past issues that made this a big problem for her and the relationship. A good story about how fears can rule us and overcoming them through trusting in God.
I was given a free ecopy of this book by the publisher, Thomas Nelson and Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
I know when I am picking up a book by Robin Lee Hatcher it’s going to be good.  You’re Gonna Love Me was one of those books.  It was interesting seeing how fear can change the entire course of your life if you let it.  Sam had some real fears in her life, and they were for good reasons.  Little did she know those fears stood in the way of the life God had planned for her.  Oftentimes our fears are hidden behind good intentions, and we can’t see them for what they are.  I enjoyed watching Sam learn more about herself and what truly makes her happy in life.  This book follows her as she returns home to help her grandma while she heals from an injury.

Needing a break from the way her life turned out Sam jumps at the chance to help her grandma.  Being back in Thunder Creek will be a good change of pace.  Little does she know her small town is also where her former love Nick is currently working.  Running into each other in such a small town is last thing either of them planned on.  Hoping to make the best out of a crazy situation they both know there are some things that need to be said.  Do they even know each other anymore?

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good romance.  I enjoyed getting to see a old flame rekindled despite how much both parties fought it.  I liked seeing the characters faith grow, and also seeing their struggles.  I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishing and was no way forced to post a positive review .  All opinions expressed are my own.
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so I was excited for book two. And I think I enjoyed it even more.

I really liked how honest Nick is with himself throughout the story. His ability to step back and go through the techniques he knows to help himself through the hard times is impressive. I liked that even though his life changed fairly drastically for him that he still found a way to get back to living.

I honestly was annoyed with Sam most of this book. Unlike Nick, she was never honest with herself. And wasn't very honest with Nick either. But as much as I was annoyed with her, it also felt very real. I know there are times when I shut down rather than sharing my feelings - so it was good to be able to see that annoying quality in a character. Oops! I do it too!

I love Sam's grandma! She was wonderful. And the brief moment we meet Nick's parents was wonderful too!

I knew from previous Hatcher books this would be a wonderful HEA but have to admit it moved a little too fast for me toward the end. I don't want to give anything away, but I do wish there had been a few more months for the story to continue to develop.

If you enjoy small towns, cute coffee shops, family being there for family...then you'll love this book.

I received a copy of this book through the publisher and NetGalley. This review is my honest opinion.
The characters in this book are pleasant getting to know. Although, the storyline was a bit predictable and perhaps a bit unbelievable, this book was a nice, light read. A feel good romance with real characters. I would have liked a bit more suspense, but overall it was an enjoyable read.
Robin Lee Hatcher has written another winner! I have enjoyed this series set in Idaho. When Samantha and Nick end up in the same town a few years after they broke up, she doesn't want much to do with Nick. Samantha, the female protagonist, learns that we have to trust God rather than letting our fears cripple us! Perhaps Nick learns that a bit of caution is sometimes wise too! I recommend You're Gonna Love Me to those who enjoy contemporary fiction. I read this book through NetGalley.com. This is my honest opinion.
This was a really good second chance romance.What happens when fear rules your life, Samantha knows after losing her dad she has let fear rule her and it cost her the man she loved she just could not cope with his risk-taking lifestyle.Now two years later she runs back into him in her grandmother's hospital room.A super read that held my interest all the way through it was really well written
One of the reason I read YA is because my old stomping ground, Christian romance fiction, had become to feel repetitive and repeated. Every new story I read felt like the last. I think I’ve just read too many Christian romance fiction novels lately, because I am beginning to feel that way again. 😱
I did enjoy this book. I’m not saying that I don’t enjoy similar stories, but something that is required for a book to be a favorite is for it to stand out. To me, this book didn’t do that.
Before I go much further, here’s a disclaimer:this book is not bad, and Christian romance fiction isn’t bald I simply grow tired of it if I read a little too much of it.
The romance was very sweet, though I did feel like the story was lacking a little in that department, and there wasn’t enough of the book focused on the romance.
I did find myself confused on several occasions when there was flashback scenes. They weren’t used to tell the story really, not in an every other chapter kind of way. They was barely there, and not common enough to be distinguished as a separate time from the other parts of the book.
Overall, this was a nice story. But.. it didn’t stand out enough for me, and felt very similar to other books of its niche genre.
Very enjoyable book with relatable characters. Samantha and Nick are polar opposites when it comes to living life. After a painful breakup they find themselves thrown together again. Samantha struggles with fear and Nick is dealing with new life of living with TBI. Highly recommended!
You're Gonna Love Me by Robin Lee Hatcher

Samantha Winters moves to Thunder Creek to take care of her grandmother who has fallen off of a horse. Gran's hero who helped her get to the hospital is none other than her old boyfriend, Nick. Samantha and Nick reconnect awkwardly but are encouraged by  her grandmother to keep on seeing each other. The past keeps on cropping back up and Samantha's fear of taking risks stands in the way of a continued relationship.

You're Gonna Love Me revisits the town of Thunder Creek which was introduced to readers in the title, You'll Think of Me. This title is a quick read and will satisfy Ms. Hatcher's fans. It can be read as a standalone but would be more enjoyable if the first in the series is read first. Reader's who like a quick romance with a little drama will be drawn into the book. Reader's looking for well developed characters may be disappointed with this read but those who like a plot driven sweet romance will be satisfied. Hand this title to anyone who enjoys a cozy romance with a small town setting or any fan of Robin Lee Hatcher.
You're Gonna Love Me by Robin Lee Hatcher is a second chance romance where the characters had issues that needed to be resolved before a true relationship could be established. I really enjoyed the Christian elements in this story as Samantha and Nick reconnected. Also the supporting cast was wonderful especially the older age characters.

Samantha fears were as much of an obstacle as Nick’s disregard for safety. Obviously, Nick suffered because of his issues but so did Samantha in trying to live such a control, lack luster life. Both had lessons to learn, which they seemed to do rather quickly.

You're Gonna Love Me is an up-beat, heartwarming story. The only book in this series that I have read. While a couple from a previous book play a big supporting role, I did not find it necessary to have read their story to enjoy Samantha and Nick’s.
You're Gonna Love Me is a story of reunification, acceptance, anguishment, bewilderment, chivalrousness, compassion gentleness and Faithfulness.  Nick was in the right place at the right time to call 911 for gran - who was falling off her horse - who is gran you ask? Samantha's gran.  Who is Samantha you may ask/  Well you ask good questions - she just happened to be Nicks ex girlfriend who  - when they broke up went away - and now when gran got hurt she came back and ran into Nick - why did they break up you may ask? Well they broke it off because ................I cannot tell you that - that is t.m.f.i .- you have to read the book to find out that and believe you me that is some good and well juicy gossip information that you need to know - I was shocked to find out what happened - It is good and it is bad - and I mean bad - It is a serious situation that happened that caused the break up - it is worth that just to find out what happened..
My honest review,

Cover? Four stars!

The novel Its self?
Man, I wanted to like this book. I really did, but no matter what I just couldn't get into it. I didn't really like the main character. I don't know maybe it's just me?