The Prophetess

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Nov 2017

I received an ARC of this book with the option of leaving an honest review.

4.5 stars rounded up to 5.

At first, I wasn't too sure about Isabelle as a protagonist because she came across as a spoiled brat; however, as I learned more about her, she grew on me. Ezekiel did have a tendency to come across as a self-righteous and arrogant ass, and Isabelle made it her mission to knock him down a few pegs. However, beneath the surface, she and Ezekiel do have similar philosophies and perspectives; they just have different ways of expressing them, which is why they always seem to be in a constant state of conflict.

I thought the character development was intriguing and enjoyed learning...

DNF @ 15%
The Prophetess has a promising premise but failed in executing it.
I don't like reading Fuckt*** at least once ever page. In my eyes it's a slur just as bad as r*****.
I'm all for a potty mouthed Main Character but that's step in the wrong direction for me, I couldn't get past it.
I was torn by this one. It definitely wasn't YA as I had thought, but that really doesn't bother me. It was an ARC, so it definitely wasn't perfect, which again, isn't too much of a problem for me. The synopsis got me, a book about a fallen angel? I rarely see books about that and I was excited. However... there was a little disconnect for me. I couldn't really find a main character, it was a little scattered. However, I did like the plot and story. My rating is 2.5 rounded up to 3. Thank you to NetGalley for my ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Let me start by saying that this is definitely not a YA novel, it is NA or adult and I thinks that it's misclassified on several sites.  Also, this is not a polished, perfected novel, it has not been edited by professionals and there are some mistakes and at times it makes it rough to read and seem somewhat silly.  However, I don't read books looking for perfection, especially books by new authors; if the book holds my attention and entertains me without me having to stop and reread and or reword it to do so I am happy.

The author clearly states that her heroine is a snarky, bad-mouthed female and she is, but at times she carries it a little too far. Ezekiel is an angel, who...

ARC Review: The Prophetess by Desy Smith

[Tags: desy smith, the prophetess, book review, booklr, did not finish, onestar, new adult, modern fantasy, supernatural, romance, would not ever recommend ]

This book was provided to me by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This review edition is an ARC and may differ from the final edition.

[insert book banner]

I have given The Prophetess by Desy Smith a ☆ rating. It is Book 1 in The First Series series. It belongs to the New Adult Modern Fantasy genre with some Supernatural and Romance elements. Floebe Publishing publishes it. It was published August 2nd, 2017.

The blurb reads:

High up in the Heavens, righteousness...