Losing Leah Holloway

Pub Date   |   Archive Date 31 Oct 2017

I found the characters detailed and interesting. Thwy evolved throughout the story, instead of stagnating.  The development of the entire book was very well done.
Excellent book!! But then again, everything Lisa writes is excellent! I love the fact that it's a sequel that can be read as a stand-alone without the reader wondering what's going on.

I was a little angry when I finished this book. It had an interesting plot that really captivated me but the author had so much unnecessary sex in it that it interfered with my enjoyment. Yes, I know that some of it was necessary to the story but it seemed like the author went overboard. It was just too much.

Claire Fletcher had been a victim, kidnapped as a teenager and held in captivity and abused for years. This was apparently in the first book, I acknowledge I have not read. She is rebuilding her life with a police officer she has known for years and was involved in her rescue. She tries to rebuild her life and discover the joy of sex again. We read a great deal about this process.
...

See Full Review

This book picks up five years later after the first book, Finding Claire Fletcher. Claire is recovering from her years in captivity. Claire and her sister are enjoying themselves, spending time together fishing. They both end up end up witnessing a car crashing off the bridge into the river. In the car is a woman with her five children. The lady is Leah Holliway. Claire tries to save them and saves the lives of the children. She tries to save the mother, but she does not want to live and she ends up drowning.

This then turns into a murder investigation since there is an investigation going on with a serial killer that is going around killing Soccer Mom's. Connor Parks is on the case...

See Full Review

Let me begin by saying that I did not read the first book in this series, Finding Claire Fletcher, and still enjoyed this book immensely.

While Claire is out fishing with her sister, Brianna, they become witness to a car crashing through a bridge and falling into the river. Claire immediately jumps into action especially seeing that there are 5 children in the car. When she tries to get the driver to unlock the doors it becomes apparent that this wasn't an accident and that this woman has every intention in dying. Thankfully, Claire is able to rescue all the children but the question remains, why did Leah Holloway purposely crash into the river with the children?

We get flashbacks...

See Full Review
I started this book and was really enjoying but wanted to read the 1st book so I bought it and I completely enjoyed both books.
"Losing Leah Holloway" picks up five years after "Finding Claire Fletcher"  and this book is fabulous.

Tense, fast-paced and has incredibly twisty we return with Claire when she rescues 5 children from a car that has been driven off a bridge.

The children's mother Leah is determined to kill herself and her children to hide a terrible secret

This book has it all. a serial killer, drama and I loved getting to know Leah and her thoughts.

The author is fabulous at building up the tensity and I loved every page and every word.  It is well plotted and and I honestly didn't want it to end.
Well written suspense filled mystery. While I guessed who the actual villian was, I had no idea of the nasty intervention of the other seemingly sympathetic character. Enjoyed The evolution of Claire and Connor's relationship. This was thrilling from start to finish.

What would cause a seemingly content woman to drive a car full of children off a bridge? This is the mystery that fuels Losing Leah Holloway. This is a suspenseful, fast-paced read that I couldn’t put down!

While Losing Leah Holloway can be read as a standalone, I HIGHLY recommend reading Finding Claire Fletcher first!

5 years after being rescued from captivity, Claire Fletcher is on her way to recovery. One morning while fishing with her sister, she witnesses a car run off a bridge. Claire runs to the rescue and is able to bring all of the children in the vehicle to safety, but the woman driving, Leah Holloway, chooses to drown.

This event brings Connor, a police detective, back into...

See Full Review

I thought this book was fantastic. I thought it had the right amount of suspense, dread, mystery, romance, and intrigue to keep me interested and happily reading! I have read quite a few books lately where I just want to tell others to READ THIS BOOK!!! This is one of them! This book is the second in the series but it works brilliantly as a stand alone novel. I did not read the first book; although, I desperately want to do so now!!!

I was hooked from the beginning when a woman, Leah Holloway, drives a car full of children off a overpass into a river. From there the story unfolds and it is quite the story full of family secrets, abuse, murder, romance, tension, starting over, and secret...

See Full Review
Before I started reading this book I saw that it was the second in a series so I had a moment of doubt, but decided to give it a shot anyways. Boy am I glad that I did!

Losing Leah Holloway is a really fast moving story. I had no idea what to expect when I started it, but within minutes I was completely absorbed by the story. It's told in short and exciting chapters that are really quick to read and keep you saying to yourself just one more chapter and then I will do something else.

Overall great story with romance, suspension and thrills.

I read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it. Finding Claire Fletcher was my first introduction to author, Lisa Regan a few years ago. When I heard there was going to be another book in the series, I was excited. I believe that reading the first book would add to the experience; but it’s definitely not necessary, Losing Leah Holloway can easily be read as a stand-alone.

I REALLY enjoyed this novel. It opens with a shocking and dramatic scene… I was instantly gripped, desperate to know what happened. I only put this novel down when I absolutely had to, and you would have been hard pressed to try to pull this book from my hands as I got towards the end.

The beginning of the...

See Full Review

What would make a loving, devoted mother smash her car into two others, killing the passengers, before hurling her own vehicle over a bridge into the water below in a purposeful attempt to kill herself and the five children with her? She was a happily married soccer mom who never drank, smoke or fooled around. Her life was perfect. Or was it?

In this second installment of Lisa Regan's Clair Fletcher series, this question will be asked repeatedly: what was going on in Leah Holloway's life that led her to the tragic, horrifying events on that day. The answers, as they slowly unravel, will shock and horrify you!

Although this is the second in the series, it is very much a stand...

See Full Review
What makes a well balanced mother who doesn't drink go crazy  and ram cars, killing innocent people as she drives her car with both her and her neighbours children in it, into the river where Claire Fletcher dives in and is able to save the children but Leah Holloway refuses to be saved, preferring to drown.
Claire and her once boyfriend Detective Connor Parks rekindle their relationship as they trace the movements of Leah and delve into her background. What they find isn't the picture perfect life that appears at first glance. A well written sequel to Finding Claire Fletcher with loads of suspense. Recommended

When the leaves start to fall, I usually turn to some thriller and mystery books. There’s something about the season that just begs for a spook. I had stepped away from detective thrillers where they are dealing with a serial killer, because it usually ends up affecting my sleep. Having said that, I was recently intrigued by a book of this sort titled Losing Leah Holloway, I decided to give it a try.

Losing Leah Holloway by Lisa Regan is the second book in the Claire Fletcher and Detective Parks Mystery Series. I have not read the first book, it deals with Claire Fletchers abduction situation, but I didn’t feel that you needed to read that book to follow this one. Yes, there are references...

See Full Review

Claire Fletcher's been free of a pedophile's hands for years now, but the memories and nightmares still linger. She's out fishing with her sister and dog when they see a vehicle crash through a bridge guardrail and plummet into the river below.

Not about to sit back, Claire gets out to the vehicle and spies children and the driver. She manages to smash open the sunroof, but the driver, a woman, refuses to be rescued. Claire cannot figure out why.

This brings Claire back into the world of Detective Connor Parks. Claire broke things off, but they clearly have feelings for each other still. Claire doesn't want to be on the news and the focus of media attention again...

5+ Stars.
Well-Played, Ms. Regan. Very Well Played!!

“Losing Leah Holloway” is the 2nd book in Claire Fletcher and Connor Parks Series by Lisa Regan.

Claire Fletcher is a woman who survived the unthinkable. Being held captive for 10 years by a mad man. Now she witnesses the unthinkable. A woman driving her SUV off of a Bridge into a river with children inside. Claire follows her instinct and tries to save them. To Claire, the woman driving the car appears to be terrified. And she refuses to open her door or the windows, seemingly resigned to killing herself and the kids inside. Claire, however, doesn’t think that what she is terrified of, is dying. Claire refuses to give in and...

What a brilliant read.
The title is a strange one but the blurb lured me in and I’m so glad I was approved by NetGalley to read it.
The story starts with Claire and her sister witnessing Leah drive her car off a bridge into the river with children inside the car.
Claire does all she can to get them out but the look Leah gives her means she doesn’t want to be saved.
Claire has her own traumatic history and tells her on/off boyfriend Connor, who is a detective that there’s more to this than meets the eye. And boy she was not wrong!!
The story is told from Claire and Leah’s perspectives so you eventually find out what happened but
I can’t say any more as I don’t want to spoil it but...

See Full Review

This is book two in the Claire Fletcher series. Although the focus is not solely on Claire in this book, I would still highly recommend starting with book one - Finding Claire Fletcher, before diving into this one.

A seemingly ordinary mother, Leah Holloway, drives off a bridge with a car full of children. Now it’s up to Detective Connor Parks to investigate and dig into the life of this woman. How exactly does a woman who displayed no warning signs do something so horrific? What went so wrong in her life to make her take such a drastic step?

Claire takes somewhat of a back-seat in this book. Which for me was unexpected. Maybe in the future I need to take a closer look before I start...