Meet Cute

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 02 Jan 2018

Overall, I am giving this super cute collection a 4 star. I have rated each story below along with themes of the story!
Siege Etiquette - 3 stars, f/m romance, hate to love, party
Print Shop - 3.5 stars, f/f, social media
Hourglass - 5 stars, f/m, POC, self-acceptance, standing up for yourself, also I NEED THIS WHOLE STORY OMG
Click - 5 stars, f/m, futuristic (it was right about this time I wanted to make a drinking game for every time in these stories it was mentioned that someone's touch sent a "bolt" of something through a person)
The Intern - 2 stars, f/m, boyband fic like, didn't feel the chemistry and didn't feel realistic, very rushed
Somewhere...

See Full Review

HONESTLY? The only reason I am here is because there was a short story written by the always marvellous Jennifer L. Armentrout. And as you know, I trust her with my feels, thank you very much.

I am not the hugest fan of anthologies or short stories because I am not made for tastings or samples. I am that person that when given a tiny piece of cheese, wants the whole thing. And unfortunately, I also am that person that when tries or samples a cream or lotion in a shop empties the whole thing into their hand. AND guys, that's a tone crap of lotion.

Anyway, being completely honest again, I only read a few of these. And they are cute and fluffy and short. So if you are looking for...

See Full Review
As with most anthologies, I enjoyed some stories more than others.  My favorite was definitely Oomph by Emery Lord.
Heartwarming stories about heartwarming couples. I mean, there's no doubt about that when you have authors such as Dhonielle Clayton, Nina LaCour or Nicola Yoon writing a story. Awesome book, really recommend it.
This was a super cute book - particularly loved the pieces by Julie Murphy and Dhonielle Clayton. I will be checking into everything they write!
I really enjoyed reading this one! It was a good mix of stories! I loved most of the short stories!

My favorites include:
Click by Katherine McGee
The Dictionary of You and Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Intern - Sara Shepard
Oomp - Emery Lord
Something Real by Julie Murphy
The Department of Dead Love by Nicola Yoon

The others fell quite short for my liking. Still this has been a truly wonderful read!

This is one of the best collections of short stories that I've read for ages, and with the calibre of authors included I'm not surprised. I enjoyed some aspect of all of the stories and I thought there was a really good range of genres and subject matters covered. Most stories were contemporary but there were some with fantastical and sci-fi elements that I really enjoyed.

My favourite stories were by Nina LaCour, Julie Murphy, Nicola Yoon and Dhonielle Clayton. I've just read and loved 'The Belles', but I need to get books by the other authors immediately!

Nina LaCour's is the story that really stayed with me. I wish there was a whole book with these...

See Full Review
I loved this! It's a wonderful collection of short stories (many of which I wanted to be longer...) that has an incredible mix of diversity (queer, poc, fantasy, etc). It would be a great addition to any YA collection. Recommend!

SIEGE ETIQUETTE by KATIE COTUGNO
This was a story about a boy and a girl at a party who had known each other for years but never spoken. It was okay but nothing too exciting and reminded me why I sometimes find short stories hard to read. (2/5 stars)

PRINT SHOP by NINA LACOUR
A cute story about a teenage girl starting a job at an eccentric print shop and how she goes out of her way to offer customer service to another teenage girl over Twitter. Cute and modern. (3/5 stars)

HOURGLASS by IBI ZOBOI
A story about a high school senior who wants to get out of her small town and move on. (3/5 stars)

CLICK by KATHERINE MCGEE
A cute story about a program for online dating that takes your...

See Full Review
Very cute book! I enjoy these kind of 'love at first sight' stories, but I do wish that some of them had been longer (I KNOW that's the point, they're short stories...)
Meet Cute is a wonderful collection of stories. What's exciting about the book is how many voices and perspectives there are. The novel starts off really boring. The first two stories made me want to sleep. I almost left the book, but because I'd gotten it from NetGallery in exchange for a review I continued reading it. Eventually, the book picked up and the stories got better. Some stories were still silly but mostly they were fun and well written. I gave 3 stars to the book because it's a good light read, but takes patience to get through some of the stories.
I absolutely adored this anthology. I mean, it's writers are all phenomenal in their own ways and they delivered their heart in this anthology, and it is about meet cutes. Those are the absolute cutest. It was everything I could hope for. Thank you for the chance.

I received an e-ARC from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children’s Book Group through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

I’m usually not a fan of romance, yet I had to request Meet Cute because so many people I trust were very excited for it. After having a look at the various authors who wrote a short story for this anthology, I had faith that Meet Cute was going to be diverse and not as cliché as most of the romance-centred stories I have read before.

Sadly, Meet Cute wasn’t able to convince me that I ought to read more romances. It also wasn’t as diverse as I had hoped. After reading many mixed reviews, I decided this wasn’t worth continuing. I started this ARC in October and and I...

See Full Review
I thought most of the stories were cute. I didn't care for some of them but that's not unusual in a short story collection.
A wonderful anthology of meet cute stories! There are many outstanding authors involved in this one. Stand out stories are Click, Oomph, The Dictionary of You and Print Shop. If you're looking for a sweet collection of meet cute stories, this is a fun one to check out. There is a great blend of diversity throughout, so it's really something special. Highly recommended!

An anthology of teens' falling-in-love moments by some of the most popular YA authors at this time.

My favorites were "Oomph" by Emery Lord and "Print Shop" by Nina LaCour. I'm a big fan of those wlw stories.

My least favorite was "Say Everything" by Huntley Fitzpatrick. It was just too bizarre and didn't flow.

Within the anthology, there is a great mix of diversity: straight relationships, non-straight relationships, POC and bi-racial relationships, fantasy settings, sci-fi settings, contemporary settings, urban settings, POC authors, and diverse sexual orientation authors. It would be a great addition to any YA collection with a...

See Full Review

Meet Cute - according to the Urban Dictionary this a scenario in which two individuals are brought together in some unlikely, zany, destined-to-fall-in-love-and-be-together-forever sort of way. Apparently, also according to Urban Dictionary, the most unusual circumstances make for the best stories and relationships. This term was fairly new to me when I started reading this anthology, but the concept of finding love in an unexpected place it not anything new. It's something that has been happening in literature and film since the dawn of their existence. Finding love is equal parts terrifying, exhilarating, and passionate. There is nothing more enchanting than that first glimpse at...

See Full Review

I loved this anthology. It was so cute and fun, and honestly just adorable. I'm usually not sure how to review anthologies, but I think I can honestly say there was not a story in here that I didn't like. I enjoyed all of them.

I absolutely loved the diversity and representation. All different couples were included. The stories were short, but sweet. Exactly as the title says - a meet cute. The stories ranged all sorts of different topics, and a lot of them left me yearning for more.

My top favorites, if I had to choose, would be:
Click by Katharine McGee
The Dictionary of You and Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Unlikely Likelihood of Falling in Love by Jocelyn Davies
The...

See Full Review
All your favorite young adult authors in one book. I enjoyed most of the short stories.