Got Mine

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 20 Dec 2017

This was a super cute and fun book!😍📚 I really enjoyed the characters and the premise of this sweet and fun novel! If you are looking for something fun and different, look no further! This is a book that shouldn't be missed!
This book was different from any of the ones that I've read in a long time. Imagine Magic Mike meets Mr. Mom. Theo is a single dad of Lulu who is doing his best to support his daughter whom he wants to enroll in a private school. His options are limited so he takes a job at a strip club with one of his friends. He finds himself in some compromising situations along the way. And when Lulu's mom resurfaces, a lot more drama arises. I was fascinated by the story. Makes you think about the choices people have to make to get by and the toll that a job like that takes on a normal relationship. The characters are so amazing and there was so much plot to grab onto
I thought this was not a very original story.
Theo is a single dad. He starts stripping to pay for his daughters tuition. Noble. Yes.
I didn't feel any excitement once the book actually started progressing because it was so typical.
The story could have been much better, the plot was good, but it was just typical and boring to me.
I only made it to about 25% of the book before I decided it was not for me. I couldn't get into the story no matter how many times I tried to force myself through the story.

I saw this cover and read the description and thought ok this definitely sounds like a book up my alley let me check it out. I’m glad I did because it really wasn’t what I expected.

We meet Theo as he ventures on to stripping trying to pay for his daughter’s education, which is a noble thing if you think about it because he’s being selfless about it. I really thought the book was going to go somewhere and it eventually did but it was so typical that I didn’t feel any excitement. It really wasn’t what I expected but then again the description didn’t go much further than he’s taking a job at Trance. There was a lot going in in the story, the plot was good I just wish it was a little...

See Full Review
I really enjoyed this book it sucked me in right from the start and i could not put it down.It was well written with a good storyline and great characters i really liked Theo he was great and so sweet with Lulu.I cannot wait for the next book.

Can we start on that cover. If that hunk is supposed to be Sway, no wonder all the ladies are going nuts for him. The detail of having the tattoo with his daughter's name on his forearm, the look that matches what he is described as wearing, and it isn't him on stage. There is much to love about the cover which is the reason I looked into the book in the first place. I like the bad boy looking good boy. Theo is very much that. He is the perfect dad in every way.

The plot is not a difficult one to follow, but I hadn't guessed the twists near the end, which when it comes to romance novels is very rare. The twist made my heart soar and I was very impressed with the HEA of this...

See Full Review
Did not like this book. I'm usually up for new authors and a good read and this didn't do it for me. Story lagged and was just not my kind of romance.

Readers will find themselves quickly falling for the world's best dad in this sexy and charming tale set in the world of male stripping. Issues of parental custody are balanced with moral issues over the lines one won't cross when piles of money become a temptation. These issues are dealt with head-on in an unblinking way that will leave readers questioning their own limits. By the turn of the final page though, and courtesy of some far too easily resolved complications, readers will be left smiling and cheering the lengths a dad went to for his daughter in this immensely satisfying story.

Theo never thought he'd be taking the stage as a male stripper, but fate...

See Full Review

If you are looking for something different to read give this delightful book a try. Theo (Sway) is a young father that turns to being a male dancer to support his daughter. This well written book was so original in the way the author made the reader feel what it was like to be in this profession and what goes on behind the scenes. I like the way Theo and Sylvie his girlfriend's relationship developed into the family they both wanted and the HEA they both deserved.

This is a page turner, with plenty of twists and turns to keep you entertained. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the Trance series.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy provided by Xpresso...

See Full Review
Wasn't expecting the entire novel to be written from a man's POV, although I enjoyed the insight into his mind and his life I thought the novel was a little far fetched and a little less not on the romance side. Good writing style, okay plot.