Hooking Up: A Novel

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 Nov 2017

Yet another fun, fabulous read by Helena Hunting!!!  This book was fast paced with the sexy banter Hunting is known for. I absolutely loved this book- read it in one day and can't wait for her next one!!!
A truly engaging story with moments of emotional intrigue that will both break your heart as well as warm it. Lex and Amie are a couple you could loose your that lead you through numerous twist and turns while on their way to their HEA.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Stunning book highly entertaining, loved reading it, would recommend to lovers of contemporary romance
I loved this book,  but that's no surprise since I loved Shacking up too.  I loved Lex and Amie they we're adorable!  Helena always knows how to right a cute captivating story that makes me root for the hero and heroine.  I hated Armstrong he was a turdface of epic proportions and I can't wait to see what Helena has next for this world!
I really enjoyed this book. I was not sure what to expect when I pick this one up. I have enjoyed reading her "Pucked" books. This book was smart, funny, sexy. Lexington is so sexy... Sexy Lexy is a great name for him if only he liked it... and Amie or Amalie is just a funny down to earth girl looking for love, love that will not get her into trouble like the "bad boys" of her past. They meet at a dinner party and there is an attraction, however Lex leaves header alone for just a few minutes, his biggest mistake.... or maybe not! She meets his cousin Armstrong, who is everything she thinks she and her parents want.... little did she know, she never fully got to know Armstrong.

Armstrong turns out to be the biggest ass and things go down hill at their wedding..... nothing like finding out just after vows and before the big party..... This leads to lots of drama and a need for Amie to get out of NYC and enjoy some time (it is already paid for) in Bora Bora. Only to run into Lexington in the airport and find out he is also traveling on family business to Bora Bora...... Oh NOOOOO.... sexy Lexy and Amie on a tropical island..... he never stopped being interested and she was attracted to him, but she is married to his cousin.... twisted... will "hooking up" be enough or will they find true love? Will the history between Armstrong and Lex be too much for Amie to handle? Will Lex's family be ok with additional family drama and support this relationship? So much stopping them from being together..... but does love really care?

I loved every minute of it. Amie keeps Lex interested and on his toes, she is a smart, sexy (and owns it) fun loving girl and in turn Lex is a smart, sexy, romantic at heart and he not really looking for love, but once he finds it.... he falls hard... LOVED it!
Before starting Hooking Up I didn't realize this would be following characters that first made an appearance in Shacking Up. This book can read as a standalone but if you guys care about reading things in order you should read that one first. This book opens following Amalie Whitfield. She has just gotten married and instead of celebrating everyone hears her husband cheating during the reception. Instead of dealing with everything, Amalie decides to go on her honeymoon alone.

Since I didn't read Shacking Up and I didn't have any background about any of the characters, everything was new to me. This made it such an exciting read. I can't remember the last time I went through so many emotions while reading a book. Amie was such a unique and well written character. At first she seems polite and reserved but as she starts revealing more about herself it's clear that she's very sassy. I absolutely love Lex! I think he's my favorite male character from a romance novel that I've read recently. He's sexy and goes after what he wants but he's also sweet and caring. Lex is there for Amie when she needs it throughout the book and he does right her every single time even if it's not always what he wants.

I'm quickly discovering that Helena Hunting might be becoming one of my new favorite authors for contemporary romance novels. I can't wait to go back and read Shacking Up so I can see Amie's best friend Ruby fall in love and learn a little more about the characters from this book. Hooking Up is one of my favorite reads this year and I'm going to be recommending it to anyone that loves the genre!
This book was perfect to get me out of a Reading slump that has not left me for many weeks now!

From the moment I started it I got stuck in the story, I was so excited to read it because since the last book I found myself wishing that I could read the story behind some comments and actions that I picked up from both Lexington and Amie.

The way the book starts is funny and kind of heartbreaking but you also know that it was something that needed to happen to get these two on the road, Lexington was an incredible character, I was not expecting him so be the way it was and Amie was a pleasure to read, seeing her unravel and be herself again was so much fun to read.

True to a Helena Hunting book, the story is a wonderful combination between super funny situations, sexy encounters and truly romantic moments.
Absolutely incredible - Helena Hunting knows how to weave a stellar story with heart and heat.
*4.5 I'm completely hooked stars!*

Smiles.. laughs.. cries.. tears and all the LOVES. What else do you need from a perfect romance novel?

Helena Hunting once again delivered a fantastic story that got her readers completely HOOKED
Hooking Up is the perfect read when you just want to escape into something fun, sweet and sexy. Poor Amalie has just gotten married. Literally, just gotten married, and is at her reception when the sounds of her husband's infidelity are broadcast for the entire building to hear. Yeah...I was cringing for poor Amalie. I can't imagine something more horrifying. But, does Amalie let it get her down? Nope. She goes off on her honeymoon alone, determined to escape what is surely to be some serious drama back at home. While at the airport she spots Lex (Lexington), her best friend's fiancé's older brother and the man at whom she threw herself right after hearing her husband cheating on her with his date at their reception. The man who gently rejected her. The man with whom her cheating husband has a long-standing rivalry. The man who happens to be her cheating husband's cousin. Yikes!

As they discover, and indulge in, their attraction to each other while on Bora Bora, I was cheering for them, because if anyone deserved loved and happiness with each other, it is these two. Lex is so sweet with Amalie, and she honestly never should have ended up with Armstrong (cheating husband) anyway, considering that it was Lex who was gently flirting with her when Armstrong strong-armed his way into her life. I was seriously annoyed at Armstrong for his ridiculous behavior, but Lex more than made up for it and gave Amalie all the love (and steamy times) she needed and deserved.

If you like your romance heavy on the steam, light on the angst, but sweet and fun, 1-click Hooking Up today. Helena Hunting has never let me down, and Hooking Up is no exception.
This book is everything I was waiting for. Amazingly funny and steamy. You will laugh out load and need a cold shower. Amie and Lex hit it off when they first met but Armstrong stepped in and he was opposite of all the bad choices she has made. But not all good choices are good. Amie found that out a day to late.
 Amie might think she can keep Lex as a distraction but when you have chemistry like them there is just no way. Helena is such a amazing author. If you haven’t read her yet don’t wait anymore. Grab her books.
Hooking Up by Helena Hunting is a sexy rom/com about a second chance at love with a twist. After Shacking Up I was so excited for Amalie story. She's such a strong character and Armstrong is such an complete moron I wanted to see how Amalie's story would play out and I wasn't disappointed. I didn't laugh as much in this story as I did in Shacking Up but damn I was so happy that Armstrong got what was coming to him. Lexington is a dream and a complete gentleman to Amalie. As true to live, it's interesting to see how one small moment in a persons life. I loved the push and pull between Amalie and Lexington and cheered for them throughout! 5 Bora Bora Stars for Hooking Up by Helena Hunting
This book is super cute! There are a lot of funny laugh out loud moments. Amie has had a rough time since she found out her husband is a slime ball. But there is one many willing to step up, even if he knows it's wrong. The connection between these two are off the charts, and I loved every minute!
I can never get enough of Helena Hunting's writing. It's sweet, sexy, swoony, and hilarious - while still pulling you in with all the emotions you can handle. I inhaled this in a single sitting - it was VERY hard to put down. The characters were amazing. 5/5
I just absolutely loved this book, this is the second book in the series and you really need to read shaking up first.I liked Amie a lot more than I thought I would in this book and my heart broke for a bit at the beginning of the book, but she a tough cookie and quite kinky you cannot help but love her the more you get to know her and then there is Lex omg where can I find me one of him, he is hot hot hot but really sweet at the same time a wonderful well-written smoking hot read.
Super cute book. Likable character. Definitely recommend.
Hooking Up is the very definition of a guilty pleasure. It's the best kind of dirty fun you can have with your clothes on. The erotic scenes between Amalie and her mystery man will electrify your e-reader; I swear my iPad Kindle app started sizzling from the moment Amalie and Mr. X connected in the proverbial biblical sense.

This standalone sequel to Shacking Up continues the story of Amalie and Armstrong - a match truly made in hell - with an outrageous beginning that turns Amalie's comfortable world upside down. If you hated Armstrong in Shacking Up, you will wish for his untimely demise by the time Hooking Up is over.

The scenes that follow the "unfortunate event" at their wedding are over-the-top, completely crazy, and utterly hilarious. But the rest of Hooking Up offers more than you might expect. The back story of each character, the soulmate-worthy connection that builds between Amalie and her "Hottie Hookup" is deeply erotic, but also deeply emotional. Helena strikes just the right balance between comedy and drama as the story continues, and for that reason, I think it surpasses Shacking Up as a new favorite - a book I'll definitely re-read.

There is a lot of sex and a lot of dirty-talk between the beginning and the end - so if that makes you uncomfortable, this may not be the book for you. But for me, it made perfect sense and didn't detract from the story. The erotic scenes are truly some of the best I've ever read, not only from Helena Hunting, but from other contemporary romance authors as well. They bring the heat - but they also bring feelings of deep passion, longing, belonging, and empowerment that leads to a satisfying sense of intimacy - the very thing that both primary characters are missing in their lives. I got so attached, so quickly, I read Hooking Up in one sitting.

If you want a perfect read for a chilly weekend, with a balance of outrageous humor and angst, with two unforgettable characters, grab your favorite beverage and indulge in this dirty, sexy treat today.
I didn't think that Lex and Amie's book would surpass my love of Shacking Up, but Hooking Up did! I loved every bit of the romance between them. Loved how they stood up for themselves and that they discovered that they each deserved to love and be loved. Amie and Lex have both been through the relationship wringer--Amie especially, but their journey toward an honest and open relationship was sexy, smart and I couldn't help but to root for them to move past the Hooking Up to the permanent. Swoon.
This is Helena’s best book to date. It’s absolutely fantastic! I’d give it all the stars if that was an option. It’s definitely worthy of more than 5 stars.

The hero is so, so, so, so, so amazing. My god. I can’t even. He’s... Everything. Perfect. Sexy. Swoony. Funny. Muscly. Those sock washing muscles... *drools* LOL!!! He’s the epitome of a perfect book boyfriend. Gah!!! I love him.

Amie is also fantastic. As much as I hate what happened to her, I’m glad it did because Armstrong is a d-bag of epic proportions. I love the way she reacts to all the things, a bit ragey, a bit crazy. Totally accurate.

The chemistry between Amie and the hero... *fans self* Whoa. This book is uber-steamy and sexy and dirty. The mouth on this guy... Lord, have mercy.

I can’t say it enough, this book is perfection! It has the usual hilarity and steam and wee bit of angst that Helena is known for. And this is my favorite from her.  Read it! Right now!!!
I really loved and enjoyed Hooking Up. I hate myself for putting it off for so long. It was better than I expected. The characters were so perfect for each other. Was hooked right away. cant wait for more.