Shaken: Young Reader's Edition

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

This book was much more religiously based than I was expecting. As a Christian myself, I found Tim's stories enlightening and was impressed by his constant desire to put Christ first in his life. It was also impressive that he admitted his short comings in his faith, his game, and in his life. As a football fan, I would have actually liked to see more of his football life in the story. I admired his ambition about improving his game, always wanting to be the best, but also learning from the best. However, having said that, I think his purpose was more about showing how to be a good Christian, and how to help others in the world that are less fortunate than yourself, rather than writing a memoir. The book is a must read for any young person wanting to find a way to grow closer to God, while seeing that even an NFL player can remain humble and passionate about Christ.
Shaken is a very spiritual, uplifting, and inspirational book. TimTebow writes from the heart. His message is clearly written with many stories from his own experiences…his ups and downs. It is a universal message of love, hope, and faith in ourselves and in God. There are many stories of encouragement, resiliency, and about making a difference in this world, not only for ourselves, but others we encounter.