Look For Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2018

The book was average.  Found myself lost in places and the writing style didn't suit me.  I haven't ever read any books by this author before, and this one has kind of put me off somewhat.  I had to abandon the book about 30% in, something I hardly ever do.

As a fan of thrillers, from the first chapter of this book, I knew that I would be hooked. I've read a few Lisa Gardner books before so I was familiar with Detective DD Warren but not of Flora Dane as I haven't read all of her books in order.

The characters in the book are well developed and you get to know them very well and the story changes between chapters from Detective DD Warrens view, to Flora Dane's view to the past essays written by the sixteen year old girl who is missing. So you get to see the story from all views and the book is very well written so the story doesn't seem repetitive.

The women in the story may be broken women but they are fighting to...

Loved this book.
Heart-breaking, lots of emotion, lots of twists and turns.
Couldn't put it down.
Loved the Characters. the style,

It's taken me a long time to get through this book, and I've struggled with it on several occasions. The premise is fairly simple - four dead family members and one missing. Is the missing girl a victim or the perpetrator?
There were several reasons I found this book difficult - firstly, the story didn't grab me. The style of writing didn't feel dynamic enough and it, on occasion, felt like a chore to read. I didn't find any of the lead characters interesting enough to be bothered about what they were doing. I also felt really disappointed that the way in which the story unravelled didn't seem to reflect the synopsis of the book (which, to me, sounded...

See Full Review
This was my first book by Lisa. And it certainly won't be my last. I found the characters interesting and the story itself an emotional Rollercoaster.
Full of mystery and suspense and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I really enjoyed reading this one.
I gave up on this book as I didn't realise it was part of a series.
Lisa Gardner never disappoints. I’m an avid fan and just when you think she couldn’t possibly one up with another twisting storyline, she does. An author that always delivers
It’s brilliant and very utterly griping . I got this from Netgallery
I found that the more I thought about this book after finishing it, the more I liked it. It's about Detective D.D. Warren and a survivor-turned-vigilante Flora Dane who combine their efforts to find the murderer who killed a family of four. They also need to put their heads together to locate the fifth member of the family - a teenage girl who is either scared for her life or out for blood. Many twists and turns will guide you through this sombre story looking into the darker side of foster care.

This was a book that ticked a lot of boxes: a well-executed crime thriller that commits you right from the word ‘go’. Ninth in a series featuring Detective D D Warren, I worried I might have missed some crucial forerunning elements to give a full picture of any recurring characters, but it was a perfect stand-alone novel. Despite the fact that I guessed ‘whodunnit’ at about 75%, there were enough red herrings thereafter to keep me on my toes and the unravelling was very compelling.

Five dead family members and one missing teenager, Roxanna: Detective Warren has to determine whether or not she (along with the family’s pet dogs) was fortunate enough to have avoided the same fate or if she...

See Full Review

This was the first Lisa Gardner novel I've read and it became clear to me very early in the book that it was one of a series and that there had been others that preceded it. It was too late to abandon it though and read the others in the series first - I was already hooked! Detective DD Warren and Flora Dane are the two investigators, investigating a crime that has left four members of a family dead and the fifth missing. Although Flora is a damaged woman (because of what has happened to her in the past) she becomes an essential ally for DD and it's through her that the missing girl is found. There were enough twists in the plot for it to keep the reader guessing to the very end...

See Full Review
I found this a real page turning thriller, well paced and full of interesting characters. Although I hadn’t read the other novels in this set, it worked well as a stand-alone.

This was my first time reading a book by Lisa Gardner. Now I'm hooked and can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Detective D.D Warren is called in to investigate when four family members are murdered in their own home. It's a disturbing crime scene; The Mother and her boyfriend are found dead downstairs, and upstairs a thirteen year old girl is found in a last embrace with her little brother. The eldest daughter, Roxanne, and the families two dogs are missing. Does that mean she was the one who slaughtered her family , or is she hiding in fear of her life?
D.D and her partner Phil need to find her fast as more and more people connected to the family are being shot at...

See Full Review
I just find that these books keep getting better and better.  Great reading from a successful series that keeps getting better and better.  Would highly recommend.

Detective DD Warren and Flora Dane are in a race against time to save a young girl's life - or bring her to justice.

A family home has become a crime scene. Five people are involved: four of them have been savagely murdered; one - a sixteen-year-old girl - is missing.

Was she lucky to have escaped? Or is her absence evidence of something sinister?

Detective D. D. Warren is on the case, as is survivor-turned-avenger Flora Dane.

Seeking different types of justice, they must make sense of the clues left behind by a young woman who, as victim or suspect, is silently pleading, Look for me.

I enjoyed this book, but felt a little let down in that it didn't fully grab my attention...

See Full Review
Wow, this book had me hooked from the first, explosive chapter! A real ‘can’t put it down’ book about a young girl who goes missing after her entire family have been murdered. Is she involved or just another victim?
Flora Dane is the survivor of a kidnap years earlier who set up a support group for people in similar situations and who tries to help solve missing persons cases, much to the annoyance of local police.
This book is full of suspense and keeps you guessing throughout. Would definitely recommend!

Thank you to Net Galley and Lisa Gardner for allowing me to read and review this book.
great book. was trapped in it.couldnt put it down.cant wait for her next one
I am reviewing this book for author, publisher and NetGalley who gave me a copy of their book for an honest review.
A great book which I couldn’t put down. Told from the viewpoints of three different people, it is fast paced.  A detective needs to find a girl, who is either running scared or who has killed her family.

You definitely won’t won’t to put this down near the end. The story is told in 3 voices:- Detective DD Warren who is leading the case, Flora Dane who is a survivor of a horrifying abduction and runs a group of survivors, and teenager Roxy via her school essays on the Perfect Family.

A family is brutally murdered in their home, but the eldest daughter and the 2 dogs are missing. Is she hiding from the protagonist having had a lucky escape or is she the ruthless killer?

Either way Detective Warren and Flora need to find her quickly before she is either murdered or kills again. When others start getting shot, it all becomes more complicated. Flora and Detective Warren have to find a way of...