Cover Image: Life in the Sloth Lane

Life in the Sloth Lane

If you're looking for cute sloth pictures, this is the book for you! Very cute sloths, hard to argue with.
This is such a wonderful book. The pictures are so sweet & the quotes are so inspirational. I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a smile.
A very good book to consult at any time of the day. Just happiness and relaxation. The mix between the illustration and the quotations are sublime.
Adorable and relaxing!
Thanks to NetGalley and Workman Publishing for the opportunity to read and review Life in the Sloth Lane by Lucy Cooke!  The book is full of wonderful photographs of sloths, that look like they’re smiling, naturally interspersed with appropriate and meaningful quotes and sloth facts. One of my favorite quotes from the book, “Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be." -Sonia Ricotti. Another quote I love- “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." -Eden Phillpotts. Profound wisdom! I smiled through the entire reading of this book and I’m sure my heart rate slowed to relaxation mode- adorable and inspiring! 5 stars !
Seriously, how stinking cute are these sloths?! This would be a cute little gift book for people of all ages.
Life in the Sloth Lane: Slow Down and Smell the Hibiscus by Lucy Cooke is currently scheduled for release on April 17 2018. This book is exactly what the title suggested, pictures of sloths to help those looking through the pages to slow down and enjoy. Photos of a variety of adorable sloths illustrate a mindfulness book that reminds us to slow down and appreciate the small things.

Life in the Sloth Lane: Slow Down and Smell the Hibiscus is full of photographs featuring sloths. Two toed sloths, three toed sloths, baby sloths, sloths holding flowers,sloths that seem to be smiling, and sloths looking right at the camera so it looks like they are looking you in the eye. Interspersed with these delightful images are quotes meant to encourage and support mindfulness and some factual information about sloths. The book is soothing, full of cuteness, and I learned some things about sloths along the way. Unless you are one of those people that do not find sloths cute or fascinating in some way, you will want to read this book, or at least take a moment and slowly flip through the pages.
The book was good and cute but it was nothing special to write about. I would maybe get this book for a stocking filler for some friends. It'd make a nice coffee table book.
A wonderful book to read and a wonderful book to gift a special someone.  It has super cute pictures of sloths doing their special, oh-so-relaxing thing.  It has uplifting quotations from inspirational people like the Dali Lama and Winston Churchill plus it gives some good sloth information. I really enjoyed this book and find I come back to it frequently. Highly recommended.

My thanks to NetGalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest review.
I think sloths are irresistible. Maybe it's because their cuddly little mugs always seem to be smiling. This book has some great sloth photos along with interesting sloth facts. I learned a thing or two. The book is also littered with inspirational quotes, which I, honestly, could've done without. Maybe I'm missing the point. Something about how sloths have mastered mindfulness? This book is being sold as self-help, but it just didn't connect for me. In fairness, though, I received a digital advance copy that did not include the introduction/forward. Maybe the final version will bridge that gap.

#Lifeintheslothlane #NetGalley
Life In The Sloth Lane by Lucy Cooke, is a cute book of inspirational quotes and facts about sloths, along with adorable pictures. If you love sloths and are searching for a coffee table book, then I recommend this little book.

I was provided my free ebook copy care of NetGalley in exchange for my review. Thank you for such a fun and interesting book on sloths.
I love this collection of photos and quotes. It's a great book to flip through when you need some cheering up. It would make the perfect gift for any animal lover. Who doesn't love sloths?

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
These sloths are adorable.  You can't help but fall in love with them upon first sight.
I really enjoyed this book, it has some great food for thought points and who doesn't love a photo of a super cute sloth!  It is the kind of book that you can pick up to give as a gift at a garden centre that the recipient will treasure.  I really enjoyed it and have given the book 5 stars!!
Life in the Sloth Lane: Slow Down and Smell the Hibiscus is a gem! It's impossible to read this book and not be happy at the end. If you want to feel good - sit down with this book!

Beautiful photography of two and three toed sloths of all ages, doing all sorts of things, with the ever-present smile on their faces are joined with fascinating facts about sloths (who knew?!?) and well-chosen quotes about patience, living in the moment, the value of slowing down make for a sure hit.

With quotes by Winston Churchill, Walt Whitman and the Dalai Lama included among others, you can tell your friends you're reading it for the wisdom it imparts instead of the joyful, happy feeling you get from looking at these cute animals.

Loved it!! And STILL smiling!

Many many thanks to NetGalley and Workman Publishing for providing me with an e-ARC of this book. The opinions expressed in this review are strictly my own. (And yes, I'm STILL smiling!!)
Learn the secrets to contentment from the best in the world!

Life in the Sloth Lane is a little gift book stuffed full of inspirational quotes about contentment, mindfulness, and taking life as it comes. Interspersed are dozens of pictures of that most meditative of critters- the sloth, along with lots of neat facts about them.

I adore sloths! This little beasties were made for hugging, and they seem so gentle and good-natured. You really can't look at a sloth without smiling. Who better to present these valuable life lessons? This would be a great coffee table book, or the perfect gift for any animal lover.

***Many thanks to Netgalley and Workman Publishing for providing an egalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
A cute book full of sloth pictures, facts and inspirational quotes. This book would be the perfect gift for that sloth lover in your life, or for anyone in need of a pick me up!
I'm not sure what my favorite part of this book was.  The entire book is a collection of sloth-related facts, followed by inspirational quotes guiding readers to learn from the sloth lifestyle.  It's illustrated with wonderful photographs showing the adorable animals in a myriad of habitats.  I found myself bookmarking quotes every few pages so I could revisit them afterwards.
The bar on animal cuteness gift books has now been raised to the highest of tree tops right where the sloth resides and seduces with the most satiated of satisfaction.  A book of both slothfilled eye candy, and complementing tongue in cheek quotes plus some quiticential and little known sloth fun facts.  This is the book everyone needs and we could all be bettered by being a bit more like a sloth.
This is an enjoyable book of photographs, sloth facts, and inspirational quotes.
Sloths, of course, seem to take a very chill approach to life. They always look like they're smiling. They're never really in a hurry. Is it any wonder that people love them? This book is a reminder to, as the title says, slow down and smell the hibiscus.
I enjoyed the photos more than the inspirational quotes. The photos are just great; they're pretty relaxing and tend to lift one's mood. The inspirational quotes range from the truly thought-provoking to the cliche. The facts and trivia about sloths were interesting, and scattered through the book in just the right amount.
This would make a great addition to anyone's coffee table as a book to just flip through for a dose of happy!
A wonderful book with lovely quotes about chilling out, the cutest pictures of sloths hanging around and lots of information about my favourite animals. Sloths are the perfect meditative companion and we could all learn a lot from them.