Want You More

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 02 Feb 2018

A second chance romance between two former best friends who have spent years apart.

I liked the romance aspect of the plot. However, it was really interesting to uncover the story of what makes Will and Tori who they are when they meet again after 7 years apart. They are both hurting and have hard pasts to overcome.

The characters are interesting, but it did take me a bit to warm up to Will.

Want You More is the third book in the series, but can be read as a standalone. After finishing this book, though, I want to go back to read the others.
Want You More is a seriously angsty, irritatingly so, tale.

Tori has come home to Gracely, Colorado. Back to the company she helped start, Mile High Adventures, back to start over. But, it won't be easy considering one of the people she left behind is full of animosity toward her. It's this animosity that I had such a problem with, well, it's ONE of the things I had a problem with.

Years ago, Tori told Will she loved him and he immediately took off on her. He was full of the good ol "I'm not good enough for you" bs that is so prevalent in romance lately. It's such a tired trope, and I absolutely hate it. Sometimes an author manages to make me not hate it quite so badly, but unfortunately, Nicole Helm's take on this theme did not endear me to the story at all. So when Tori comes back in need of a hand, instead of Will welcoming her with open arms as he should have, he was pretty cruel toward her, and it immediately turned me off, and never managed to draw me back in. There is so much back and forth between Tori and Will that I am suffering from whiplash now. Ugh.

There's too much angst, too much back and forth, hot and cold and I just couldn't get into Want You More. I definitely don't want more.
Couldn't really get into this book.  Set it down a few times and forgot to pick it up.  When I did pick it up, I didn't feel the need to finish it in a hurry like some others.  Was ok
This is the third book in the Mile High Romance series and at a stretch I would say this could be read as a standalone. I had not read any of the previous books in the series and I was lost at the beginning of the book. I would therefore suggest this is a series that needs reading in order.

Will and Tori were the best of friends but when it developed to more for Tori she confesses she loves Will. His response was to leave town and marry a model. Rejected and dejected, Tori also leaves town and her friends to make a new start someplace else. Seven years on Tori is at a dead end and needs a new home and job. When she finds out the brothers had made their dream of opening an adventure company come true she asks for a job to help. Whilst the others are happy to have her back Will takes no time in showing his displeasure. Now divorced he has a whole lot of anger stored up at what life has handed him and seems to take this out on Tori.

This was a bit of a hard one for me to grasp and found it difficult to connect to. Whilst I love a bit of angst in a storyline this went into overdrive and for me with little incentive to be there. I couldn’t understand why all the hostility? If Will hadn’t wanted a relationship with Tori why not just say that instead of running off and marrying a virtual stranger? As for Tori why would she return to a place where she knew she had left on a bad ending seven years ago? Why not just travel onto another mountain retreat?

The storyline just didn’t work for me but maybe this was because I didn’t have the knowledge of the depth of feelings told in the previous books?

I really wanted to like this book as the blurb pulled me right in. I love a mountain man but Will just came across as a surly child. Overall this was an OK read but I wanted so much more from that blurb. Three stars.
*3.5 stars*

Bridges to mend, hearts to heal...

Years ago, Tori had left with her heart broken, believing she would never go back. Never say never though because she was going back. She’d help build the company she was returning to but knew she would not be welcomed by everyone.

“...no one is ever going to fully love you or put you first, and you might as well accept it rather than get hurt a million times.”

Will held a grudge and that was very plain to see as loyalties were questioned and sides taken. It was a family business, a close family, so the animosity between characters just seemed to grow and grow. The tension was high as one decision after another seemed to put not just Will and Tori at odds, but the whole family…

The supporting characters provided a balance and depth to a fight that was evenly matched and not without bruises...

While the angst felt a bit repetitive at times, Tori and Will’s struggle felt real and heartfelt. I really enjoyed the family dynamics and the close-knit family feel so I was more than happy to give Tori and Will a bit of leeway. I am going back now to read the series in order and catch up on all the characters!
Will Evans and Tori Appleby had been best friends since childhood. They, along with two other friends had a dream to build a high adventure type of business in Gracely, Colorado.  Then Tori told Will she was in love with him and he ran off and married a model.  Before he returned, Tori had left town. Six years later, Will is now divorced and Tori had made some mistakes that had damaged both her personal and professional reputation.  She returned to Gracely and asked Will's brother if he could help her find a job.  She was hired on with Mile High Adventures and would have to work closely with Will.  Could their relationship ever be repaired or were they doomed to hate each other forever?  There is a saying about the close relationship between love and hate, though, and they each had experienced a lot of pain in their lives and had a hard time trusting anyone, let alone someone who might break them for good.

I really enjoyed this story and the emotional tugs at my heart.  My one criticism was the constant f-bombs and for that reason, I would not recommend the book to my friends.

I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Will Evans and Tori Appleby were best friends until Tori told Will she was in love with him. Both went their separate ways with Will marrying someone else and Tori leaving town, but now she's back and they're working together. Will Tori and Will ever be able to get their friendship back to where it was, or will the pair walk away from their shot at happy ever after?

What a fascinating read Ms. Helm has delivered in this book in the way it was filled with plenty of tension between the characters; the dialogue was a delightful combination of intense moments and moments that amused me due to the heroine's attempts to take a walk down memory lane with the hero that just gets him more and more riled up, which in turn had me smiling because his life needed the good shake up the heroine gives it. However, it was from the moment the hero and heroine came face-to-face for the first time in this book where this story really took off for me, as this pair have quite the history and it's hard to forget how much they hurt each other. Will they ever be able to move forward with their lives, if they don't talk about what happened years ago?

Both the main characters were enjoyable and I loved the way the heroine wasn't afraid to push the hero to talk about what went wrong between them, as they both need to forgive and forget to be able to completely move forward and hopefully get their friendship back to how it was or make it something more. I also liked how resilient and courageous the heroine was in being able to talk about her past, which was filled with heartache because of what her family put her through and making her feel like she wasn't important. While the hero, he's been through a lot and it's understandable why he feels he's not good enough for the heroine, especially after the way his ex-wife and his mother treated him. Will he ever feel like he's good enough? I also liked the tight bond he shared with his siblings and that they would do anything to help him through the tough times he's been through, even if it means pushing him to face the past. Yet, what I liked most of all about Will is the decisions he makes, especially when it comes to making things right with the heroine and making sure that she stays in his life.

Overall, Ms. Helm has delivered a really good read in this book where the chemistry between this couple was delightful and the ending had me liking the words the hero says to the heroine to make her believe that he loves her and wants her in his life forever. I would recommend Want You More by Nicole Helm, if you enjoy the friends to lovers trope, second chance romances or books by authors Catherine Anderson, Kate Pierce, Shannon Stacey and Ruth Cardello.
Received an ARC at no cost to author...Why, why did I agree to read and review this? I want my time back. Wil was an ass who did not appreciate Tori, and why why would she want or bother even dealing with him?! Dude, he broke heart..The ridiculousness of their banterine drove me crazy..sorry folks but if you know me, you know I do not enjoy giving bad reviews but I dont want you to waste your time, I am saving you..
This was an enjoyable read but not my favorite in the series, while it was still worth reading I just felt like it was missing something but that could just be that I did not really like the relationship between Will and Tori to begin with I just wanted to shout at them and tell them to buck up and get on with it..If you enjoyed the previous books you should give this a go.A good second chance romance
Emotional, sexy, sweet and so much more. This story is one of the best romances I’ve read in a while. The push and pull between Tori and Will was a complicated and real, I felt everything they both were feeling. I will definitely be re-reading this one.
3.5

Childhood friends to lovers, second chance, contemporary romance.    She's a  new guide for an outdoor adventure company that  he co owns.

I wanted to like this book because I have enjoyed others in the series, but Will was not a hero I could root for.  I didn't like him, I didn't think he was worthy of the heroine, and I couldn't understand why Tori would give him a second look.  I just didn't connect with this couple and was not invested in this story.
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

This is the first book in the series so I did not know much about the other couples and will probably read the first two books as their stories sound interesting but I found that the book worked well as a stand alone if you had not read the other books.

This book is very emotional and at times, you just feel the anguish that Tori and Will felt as they tried to deal with the aftermath of their friendship falling apart. First off, I really hated Will for the first half of the book, I just don't get that you could treat your "friend" so cruelly. If he felt he could not measure up to Tori and was not good enough for her, then make something up and tell her that you don't want to ruin the friendship, anything but what Will does! Then to continue the cruelty, he brings home a new wife and does not understand when Tori "runs away." I also didn't get why he did that - did he have to show Tori that she would never be more than a friend so he grabbed some woman he met and married her? Wish there was more explanation on that event.

The second half of the book, there is a switch, Tori had been trying to resolve their issues but when Will finally decides to cooperation, she backs off and doesn't want to talk. While I enjoyed reading the book, I just didn't understand their motivations for their actions. I guess that I did not connect with either Tori or Will as they had such different childhood experiences than me so I just don't understand how broken they were and they felt like they were not worth loving.

I loved how they epilogue wrapped up the book and the series so well!
What I liked:
The writing style
Most of the characters
Part of a series: A Mile High Romance
Standalone
HEA

What I didn't like:
Tori

I look forward to reading more from Nicole Helm.
Want You More by Nicole Helm has picturesque if rugged landscape that is so vividly described that you feel as if you too are in the Rocky Mountain town. That is one of the highlights of this third book in the Mile High Adventure Series. Will Evans and Tori Appleby have a second chance if they can get past the defenses both have built-up.

This well constructed story has plenty of drama and angst as Will and Tori navigate the precarious journey towards a lasting love. Because of their past they are both wary of jumping into a relationship again, but the attraction is evident from the beginning of the book. This realistic contemporary story is as much of a starting over story as it is taking a chance on love story. At times, the characters seem to overthink the situation, but isn’t that the way we do sometimes. I found myself having strong opinions about what they should do. I kept wanting to tell them, “Don’t look, just jump, you will be glad that you did.”
This is a great series and I was so excited to read Will' s story. Once best friends, Will and Tori can't stand each other now. As old heart aches come to light they have to decide if they will stay and fight or give up altogether.

I loved Will! His determination and strength after were amazing. My heart broke for Tori and her sad past. Overall, a fantastic story! Plus we get to spend time with Brandon and Lilly, Sam and Hayley. Another great addition to this series!
4.5stars - So good! I love friends to lovers romances and when there's a second chance element, I'm somehow even more invested - rooting for the relationship to really make it this time around. Nicole Helm has such a great grip on these characters. She writes them well and makes them real for me. Tori and Will wrestle with a fear of loving and being loved that causes them to pull away and run. What they ultimately learn is that confronting the scary things and then standing still for the recoil may be terrifying, but it also may be the very thing that secures your HEA.

I received an ARC of this book, from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for a fair and honest review.
When Tori entered Gracely,CO, she fell in love. I had the same reaction when I visited Silverton, CO so was able to relate to her right away.

Will and Tori have a history that they have kept to themselves for years. Being in close proximity to each other forces their inevitable showdown with each other. Their sparks were flying instantly and I was loving their reactions to each other.

The supporting characters was fantastic and I am looking forward to going back to read their stories. I recommend this read for anyone enjoying contemporary romance set in little towns and second chance romance.