Forlorn

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 20 Nov 2017

I actually did not finish this book. I tried, but I had a really hard time getting into the characters and the story. I was able to complete about 40% of the book before I decided to stop. My problem with the characters were not the main ones, but Bree and Ethan. I honestly did not like Ethan at all. He was rude and arrogant through the scenes I read, and not in a good way. Bree was the exact opposite. While I usually like optimstic characters, I just wasn't a fan of her. I felt like the story was not plotted out well enough to hold my interest. I do feel like the story was unqiue in itself, it just was not for me. I hope that others can get around these problems that I could not as I...

See Full Review

Meh. I am honestly not sure how I feel about this. I want to like it, and I sort of do… but I also hate it. The writing is well done for a YA (except the characters) and the imagery is beautiful, but the plot and themes are played out, dated, and stale. I do enjoy paranormal romances (mostly Christine Feehan) and so I did have really high hopes for this novel. I am sad to say that I was disappointed and just meh. To be honest it felt a little more like a guide book than an actual work of fiction.

Characters – 2 – Why is Grace so one dimensional?
Plot – 1 – It’s been done over and over and over and over. I do not mind similar plots (I read too much historical romance to mind) but I want...

See Full Review
If you're into Angels and Demons this is the book for you. This story is about Grace Fortune and Jared Lorn. Grace goes through something tragic when she was very young and if not for her Guardian Angel she would have been dead. As a result of her interaction with her Guardian she is able to hear the Angel's Song. This comes in handy when the school is attacked at lunch time, because of this she gets to know Jared Lorn who turns out to be more than just the hot mysterious guy at school. Together with some friends they battle for more than just each other, they battle for humanity. Can't wait to read the next installment.
I really enjoyed this book, I thought the story was really interesting and kept me reading through the late hours, I couldnt put it down! I really liked Grace as a character, and I enjoyed the romance and the relationship between her and Jared. This book had everything I wanted, fantasy, romance & a little bit of action. I thought it was a great read!