Still Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Mar 2018

This was a very enjoyable read. Louisa Clark is as engaging as ever. It is great to see her story evolve and to catch up with her family and friends back in England while she takes on a job in NYC.   The modern NYC upstairs downstairs theme was fun and believable. Is your socialite boss really your new bestie?? Huh!

When I read the second book in this series, I was a little sad. When I found there was a third, I was thrilled and could not wait to read more about Louisa. Lou is like someone you want to be friends with. You care about her and want only the best for her after the bad things that have happened in her life. I loved this book and felt it was even better than the second. From the very beginning you are hooked and find yourself reading every chance you can get. I was so happy to hear about Lou in New York, and what her life was like in her new environment. She was a happier version of herself than last I saw her, and for that I was very pleased. Like I said, she is like a friend, and you want...

See Full Review

At the end of After You, Louisa decided to take a temporary job in New York with the wealthy Gopnik family. Now she is finally in there and ready for adventure but her new job isn't quite what she expected and neither is life in New York. She is sort of an assistant to Agnes who is lonely and rejected by the other society wives who hate her for replacing the first Mrs. Gopnik. Louisa's friend Nathan reminds her that the Gopniks are not like Will and his family. Agnes may call Louisa her friend but she really isn't. It is quite an adjustment for Lou to get used to both a new job and a new city. She also really misses Sam and it is so hard connecting with him across the miles.
...

See Full Review
This was not my favourite Louisa Clark book. I found it dragged in the middle and picked up only near the end.
Just finished "Still Me", the third installment by JoJo Moyes. "You and Me" first was fantastic  while "Me after You" was average. "Still Me" was a fantastic follow-up! Continue the saga if you read the first!!

First line: It was the mustache that reminded me I was no longer in England: a solid, gray millipede firmly obscuring the man’s upper lip; a Village People mustache, a cowboy mustache, the miniature head of a broom that means business.

Summary: Louisa Clark is starting a new adventure. She is travelling to New York City to work as a personal assistant. However, the new job is not exactly what she had pictured. With a busy schedule of appointments and society events, she tries to balance work and her new relationship with Ambulance Sam, who is back in England. At one such social event, she runs into someone that reminds her of her past and changes her future.

Highlights: Jojo Moyes is...

See Full Review
Fabulous book.  Thoroughly loved.  Highly recommend!

Review: Still Me by Jojo Moyes
This book is so good. As expected, parts of it made me laugh, made me furious, and made me cry.

I love Lou, so glad to return to her world and find out how she's doing, but part of this story infuriated me. I found myself thinking, all this time and she's learned nothing, she still lets people walk all over her, won't fight for what matters to her. This wasn't the life Will wanted for her, always putting other people's lives before her own. She's too nice, like pathetically self-destructively nice at one point. There were several times when bad things happened to her with regard to her relationship and her job and she just let...

See Full Review

Be careful what you say yes to. Better advice is seldom given. This book starts out with Louisa on her journey to America. A new life. A new job. Leaving her boyfriend, her home, her family. As the story progresses, we are reunited with our favorite characters as well as invested in a new batch. Louisa is typical meddling Louisa, with her fashion sense and her open heart. Much like the other two books in this series, we follow her ups and downs, her victories and her losses and we wonder “now what has she gotten herself into?” All in all, an amazing book that once it got going, was extremely hard to put down. I would recommend this book to anyone who would like a reminder to enjoy life to...

See Full Review
Louisa Clark is back and better than ever! When Louisa takes a position as an assistant to a society lady, she has no idea what life is like for the ultra wealthy. Foisted into a world of ball gowns, limousines, and secrets, Louisa embarks on the journey with her trademark enthusiasm. As life in New York begins to take its toll, we're left wondering if the City is leaving an indelible mark on our beloved heroine. As always, Jojo Moyes has woven together a tale of living, breathing characters, in a world you won't want to leave.
While I enjoy seeing Louisa Clark again, this one just felt strange. The letters from Will's time in New York feel awkwardly shoehorned in and the story almost felt like someone else's charmed life. Hopefully this will be the last chapter.
I was willing to give this one a chance even though I thought the second book in the series was not great. This one is a bit better than After You and is a quick, light read if you are interested enough in Lou to want to know more about her. It is nowhere near as good as the first book in the series.
This was a fantastic addition to this series.  I loved the first book and wasn't a big fan of the second, but JoJo Moyes has really done a fantastic job on this third installment.  Readers will love the character development and thoughtful plot arc.
When I first started this series I didn't know how much I was going to love it and "Still Me" did not disappoint. Watching Louisa Clark discover herself, make mistakes, and find the bravery to choose her path was immensely satisfying. Through all the twists and turns with her family, relationships, and jobs I found myself rooting for her. A great reminder that there are good things even in the bad, and happy endings even if you don't reach them how you originally intended.
Fans of the Me Before You series will not be disappointed.  Louisa Clark finds a job overseas in New York City with an elite family.  While dealing with the families struggles, she is struggling with her own long-distance romance with Ambulance Sam.  A secret within the family that Louisa is not willing to reveal causes her to lose her job, and rather than go back to England with her tail tucked between her legs she once again reinvents herself.
I got this book as an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. As a fan of Me Before You, I believe that Still Me returns to the origins and feel that Me Before You inspired. Louisa is still charming and a bit lost, but she perseveres. Unfortunately, the character and her circumstances feel a bit too "Shopaholic," but Louisa is lovable and the surrounding quirky characters are entertaining. Overall, Still Me was an enjoyable read, making me laugh and tear up, while also creating a fun platform for Louisa and her unique fashion sense.

Available January 30: Still Me

****4/5 stars- Loved it

Another Jojo Moyes read with lighthearted humor and lovable characters who will bring you equal parts happy and sad tears.

Recommended readers:

Fans of dramatic fiction
Fans of Jojo Moyes
and if you want to read the book before the movie

Here's my Rankings:

4/5 for characters
4/5 for plot
4/5 overall
1/5 steaminess
REVIEW FROM BOOKS FOR HER:
It's classic Jojo Moyes - with a little crying, a little Bridget Jones-esque humor and now Louisa Clark has stepped into New York City. She takes with her a long-distance relationship with her After You beau Sam.

What I've loved about all Jojo Moyes books is the realness...

See Full Review
Delightful read, better than After You. Louisa Clark remains a smart, quirky, and lovable character,

This is the third book that follows what happens to Louisa Clark, completing the series started with Me Before You and continued with After You.

As this book begins, Louisa has arrived in New York to take a job as a paid companion to a wealthy young woman about her age.

She came on the recommendation of Nathan, who also worked for Will Traynor back in England. She left behind her family, with whom she is close, and her boyfriend Sam, because she wanted to follow the advice Will gave her before he died: “You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” In addition, she is conscious of having boxed herself in for years doing what felt safe. “Now, she...

See Full Review
I loved Still Me by Jojo Moyes. and read it one sitting.  Louisa Clark gets more captivating with each book and I found this novel touched all the right notes.  It had interesting  characters and plot lines and even a library subplot that made me love Moyes even more than I thought I could!