Still Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Mar 2018

I enjoyed reading (what I hope is) the end of Louisa's journey, but this is really nothing more than a fluffy ending to a story that I wish had ended with the first book. I don't regret reading this book, but I know there are other things I could have spent my time reading instead. The character development wasn't crazy and I didn't feel like I got to know anyone (aside from maybe Sam) better. Louisa was pretty static and I really didn't care for her story arc in the first half of the book. Louisa's relationship with Mrs. De Witt is what made me finish the story and I wish the whole book had been focused on their growth together rather than on Louisa's...

See Full Review
Thank you Net Galley and Penguin Randomhouse for an advance copy of this book.
 Loiusa Clark is a wonderful character. I enjoyed her adventures in New York City especially with her elderly neighbor. I hope that I will be able to go on future journeys with Louisa Clark.
I love all of the books written by Jo Jo Moyes, she's one of my favorite authors.

Louisa Clark has left England and her boyfriend behind for a chance to have an adventure in New York City. She is following the advice of Will Traynor, the man she loved and watched die in the first book of the series. A wealthy NY businessman has hired Louisa to be a companion to Agnes, his new young wife. Agnes is an immigrant who’s out of her depth in high society and who needs the support of the affable Louisa. The city is vibrant and unlike anything Louisa has ever experienced. There are a host of intriguing characters that work and live in the brownstone where Louisa now works. Some are comical and some are a bit unpleasant, but all are colorful.

Louisa’s almost boyfriend Sam still...

I adored Still Me as much as Me Before You! Five Stars
I was luke-warm about the second book in the series, but this one was a wonderful continuation of Louisa Clark's story. I found myself laughing out loud at some of her antics and there was a good dose of the quirky humor we expect with Louisa's personality. Her experience of how the rich treat those who work for them was all too real, Although some of the relationships were a little predictable, it's an enjoyable and satisfying read. Louisa finds her voice!

I so enjoy Louisa Clark as a character. I think it's because I find her easy to relate to. For some of us, it's really freaking hard to "find yourself," and Louisa gets that. She is the patron saint for those who aren't quite sure that they are on the right path or even what path they want to be on. She isn't lost per-say, but is instead on a journey where every step and piece has led her to the person she has always been but couldn't see. This book is an excellent conclusion or a magnificent beginning, depending on how you want to look at it.

I don't really want to give away too much, but I will say that if you like Louisa as a character then you...

See Full Review
I had limited expectations, as "After You" was disappointing after the glory that is "Me Before You." Thankfully, I was not disappointed. This was a worthy addition to the series. The love story between Sam and Louisa isn't quite as swoon-worthy as the story of Will and Louisa, but the story of Lou's adventures in NY more than made up for that. If you are a fan of the series, I recommend this book; if you haven't read the first one, it's not likely to be as meaningful.
I honestly believe that this should have never been a series. Me Before You was such a beautiful book and I loved it dearly, but it should have ended there.
Because if anyone deserves a happy ending, it’s Lou . . . .

No actual review. The fact that I - reader of never more than one book in a series - saw this one through to the finish (especially after HATING After You) should speak volumes.

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, NetGalley!

I really enjoyed this story. Though, I have to admit that Louisa's relationships walked the edge what I find acceptable in stories. Sorry to be annoyingly vague here, but I would hate to ruin any part of the story. Let's just say that things didn't go smoothly and some aspects were just shy of being pet peeves of mine.

I found the humor to be spot on through the majority of the book. Often, I find that books that try to be humorous go over the top and miss the mark. This one did a much better job and I found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion.

In addition, I love the characters. Some of them have really grown on me. I feel like Moyes is really excellent at...

See Full Review
Nothing can top Me Before You but I definitely enjoyed this book more than the second in the series, After You. I hope this isn't the end of Lou's journey!
Still Me is a great continuation of the Me Before You Series. Louisa remains a charmingly relatable main character, and I found myself really seeing parts of myself in her. I laughed, cried and yelled at the book as Louisa navigated her away around a new city, New York City!. As I got nearer to the end of the book, I found myself not wanting it to end.

Louisa Clark is headed to New York City to start a new job. Life in England is not going the way she had hoped, so across the pond she goes. She will be the personal assistant to Agnes Gopnik. Agnes is the new wife of Mr. Gopnik. So far Agnes's life being married has not been easy having to deal with all of the former Mrs. Gopnik's friends. Agnes looks to Louisa as a friend and a relief in her life. Louisa is trying to adjust to her new life as well. With her boyfriend in England and her this new life in New York, will Louisa be able to survive this new situation she has put herself in?

Thank you to NetGalley and Viking Books for the opportunity to read and review this book.
...

See Full Review

Louisa Clark finally gets to NYC to work as an assistant to the wife of the multimillionaire, Leonard Goptnick, living in their uptown apartment. Mrs. Goptnick, Agnes, is Leonard's second wife, originally from Poland, and uncertain where she fits in, or not, in the upper social circle of Leonard's world. Most of the women, much older, shut her out and barely speak a word to her. Agnes seems to take Louisa in her confidence, sharing secrets and her anxieties about her demanding social world. While she calls Louisa her friend, Louisa is too kind and often naive to the possibility that Agnes might be using her. Louisa deals with her own personal problems being so far away from Sam...

See Full Review
I'm a big fat fan of JoJo Moyes--and her character Lou Clark.  This story about Lou finding herself in New York City is so good!.  I loved the supporting cast of crazy characters!   I loved that there is a trip to England to visit Louisa's wonderful family!  I loved that a library gets saved!  I loved that Lou finds love!  Well, you get the picture.  Just read the book!
Still Me is an excellent continuation of the Me Before You Series - Louisa remains a charming heroine, and I rooted for her and cried along with her as she navigated the triumphs and failures of New York City living. With each entry in the series, I find myself weary of saying goodbye to a character I have grown to care about.
Louisa is a wonderful character. I enjoyed this funny, smart, touching and romantic story a whole lot. Love Jojo Moyes.
We meet the lovely Louisa Clark again and follow her to Manhattan. Instead of finding her next great love, the story is more about her inward journey to find out who she really is, who she wants to be, and how to love herself. Moyes added another endearing cast of quirky characters, who you cannot help but adore.
This was my first book by Jojo Moyes, not without trying though. I tried hard to get the other two in this series, but, alas, it didn't happen. I did see the movie (I know, not really the full story).

This book continues the story of Louisa and now she is taking on New York. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. I loved Margot, Agnes can crawl in a hole somewhere. And Sam? I'm not sure about him. Looks like we will see him in the next book. Fingers crossed!

A great read that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thanks to Pamela Dorman Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.
I absolutely loved this series from the start and I was so excited to delve back into the world of Louisa Clark. She is so spontaneous, bubbly, awkward, and lovable. Some parts were a bit predictable to me and at other times I was frustrated and mad at what happened, however, I loved the ending and hope there will be more to come! I relate to her character so much, having gone through a complete uprooting and starting somewhere new, I understand her difficulty of feeling in between two places.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading this advanced reader's copy in exchange of an honest review.