Remember 10 With Explorer Ben

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 Jan 2018

A cute little book that helps kids (and adults!) learn memory techniques. The illustrations were captivating, and the tips were useful ideas that kids will surely put into practice for many years to come.
What a creative and clever way to teach children how to remember things!  This is a fun book in its own right (as children go exploring with Ben) but the lesson of how to remember things will serve them well their entire lives!  I think that my students will enjoy this book and be helped academically by it;  I highly recommend it.
What a wonderfully creative way to play memory games! Children of all ages benefit from stretching their memory from time to time, and as a clear part of a child's development, it's essential. This book adds to the parent/educators repertoire and gives options of how to engage an individual on their personal level. These images could also be used for a range of other ideas with little minds such as where would you find ... ? and what else is with ... ?
A great way to stimulate creativity while playing a memory game. For each scenery, there are 10 objects that shall be remembered. Finding the way to keep in mind the detail of each of them is a challenge for the imagination and creativity and helps to improve the visual memory. The illustrations are not outstanding but the idea is really good and can be further explored in various social and learning contexts.
Put your mind to work in this interactive story that engages your memory with innovative tricks and games to keep track of Explorer Ben in every possible epic adventure.  What won’t he forget and will you remember is the ultimate experience.
This is an interesting book that teaches the reader techniques to remember things.  Plus it gives exercises to try out these techniques.  What makes this book unique is that it is not just a list of things to memorize.  There is a bit of a story.  Ben likes to travel.  Each trip requires ten items. But something always happens and his items end up missing. If I were you, I wouldn’t go on a trip with Ben.   This is a fun book that is more play than work.
Each spread shows 10 things Ben is packing to go on his next adventure. A tip is given to help you remember the 10 things and in the next spread your memory will be tested when 1 to 6 things are missing.

This is a different kind of interactive book for kids. It actually has them practice helpful mnemonic devices that can be applied in real life. The illustrations and settings make the book fun and attractive for kids. I can see many kids getting inspired by the book and making more of their own exploration sets of 10 things at home and testing their friends and family. A fun way to build memory skills. I will definitely be recommending for our Elem library to purchase this.
I am reviewing this book for Catherine Veitch, Quarto Publishing Group, and NetGalley who gave me a copy of their book for an honest review.
This is a story combined with a memory aid. For example, you get shown a picture of Explorer Ben with ten items and then something happens to him and he loses three of the items. Your job is to try and remember what is missing.
A fun book which I am sure the kids at school will hanker after again and again.
This is a fun book and will be loved by would be explorers.  It teaches how to remember things in the forms of slightly different memory games, and some tips to help on this too! It is a little bit repetitive in places but I can still see it being loved and read over and over! Four stars from me!
This book contains several techniques for memory training.  The illustrations are colorful, bright and entertaining.  While I'm not sure that the techniques actually work, I found myself laughing at the images anyway.
Impressive, beautiful and funny little book that manage to mix up adventures and memories tips/exercises/games. It's an original idea and it work really well. I took off a star because it's a bit repetitive, but still an interesting book for children!