The Girl Who Lived

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Apr 2018

This was an enjoyable read with many twists and turns. The protagonist was relatably flawed and readers will be rooting for her during her search for the truth. Thanks for the copy to review!
Can we say amazing? It was a thrill, page turning ride from beginning to end. At many points, I found myself actually giggling over the author’s sheer wittiness. I know, right? Giggling in a thriller - unheard of! But yes, it delivers in all realms - it tickles many fancies at least for this bibliophile! 5 stars for The Girl Who Lived
Thank you @prhinternational for sending me a free review copy in exchange for an honest review. Loved this, please catch my review over at www.thebooknookae.com
Faith survived the murders that took her father, sister, and best friend. She has been dealing with survivor's guilt with alcohol and anger and an obsessive belief that her father did NOT murder those women and kill himself. No one believes her.

This is an intriguing story with so many twists and turns that the reader begins to suspect everyone! That's a good thing since that means surprises on every page, but that also becomes tedious when everyone turns out to be a suspect. I admit I could not put this down (especially the last 50+ pages), but I also became a bit frustrated that I couldn't count on any of the "good" characters to be as good as they seemed. Plus, I actually figured out the real culprit pretty early on. SIGH!

All in all, though, an entertaining and engaging thriller with just enough tension to make me think this would be a good suspense movie.
A twisted mystery set in a small town with a lot of self-destructive, addicted people. Faith's head wasn't a very happy place to spend time in, and the resolution was a bit too neat.
Really loved this book. I had never read a book by Christopher Greyson before, but when I read the description for this one, I knew I had to check it out. The beginning didn't really grab my attention like I thought it would, but I was interested enough to keep going and see how it turned out. The twists and turns started coming fast, and before I knew it I was completely sucked in. By the end of it, I was gripping my Kindle so hard my knuckles were white, and I couldn't wait to see the end. I love thrillers, but usually I can guess what happens by the end. With The Girl Who Lived, however, I had no idea. Just when i thought i had it figured out, the author would throw a wrench in things and I'd be back to square one. This author has definitely made my list of authors to read from now on!
I received a free copy via NetGalley for a true and honest book.

The Girl Who Lived by Christopher Greyson is about Faith Winters who was released from the psychiatric hospital and yanked back to the last spot on earth she wants to be—her hometown where she was the sole survivor of a murder of four people. Ever since the murder no one believes her story. The cops thought the trauma made her unstable and her therapists believes she might suicidal. She goes spiralling back into alcoholism and she decides that since no one is going to help her she will take it on her own.  Finding no solace at the bottom of a bottle, Faith decides to track down her sister’s killer—and then discovers that she’s the one being hunted.

This the type of book that you just want to know what happens next. Overall, an enjoyable read.

I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley. This book had me from the very beginning. I love that it kept me engaged the entire time. I couldn't wait to see how it ended. I would highly recommend to all my fellow readers. Thank you for the chance to review this book!
I received an advanced copy of this book through Netgalley. This book had me from the very beginning. I love that it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I would highly recommend this book to my fellow readers. Thank you for the chance to review this book!!!!
In “The Girl Who Lived” by Christopher Greyson we meet Faith – the sole survivor in a mass murder where her father, sister, best friend and her best friends mother were all killed.  After years of being in institutions Faith is released back into the world.  What she thought would be a fresh start turns out to be worse then she could ever had imagined.

Things keep happening to her to the point she thinks is finally going crazy.  She does not know who she can trust so turns who she thinks is the one person who she could count on – but that might be her biggest mistake yet.

I received this book through Net Galley and this is my honest review.
FANTASTICALLY thrilling! Greyson grabs you from page one and doesn't let go until the absolute end! This is a definite beach read for 2018!
Wow... Another great read from Christopher Greyson!  I absolutely love his writing style...  Greyson is definitely a master at storytelling!  I was hooked right from the start and couldn't put this book down.  You won't be disappointed when you pick this one up, no doubt, you will be on the edge of your seat like I was!

If you are into dark, twisted psychological thrillers like I am, then this is the book for you! Highly recommend

Many thanks to NetGalley and Greyson Media Associates for providing me with this ARC.
Through my association with NetGalley, I have opportunities to read a wide variety of book by quite a variety of authors. I had never read any of Christopher Greyson's previous books, but based upon this thriller, I'm sure I'll be going back to catch some of his other work. This book was definitely an exciting psychological thriller - the proof? I picked up the book and couldn't put it down until I read the last page.

The Girl Who Lived is just that -- it's about a young girl who continues to live when her loved ones are murdered.  Faith Winters' 13th birthday became a nightmare when she watched her family get killed. Police closed the case believing that Faith's father killed everyone and then killed himself, but Faith knows it wasn't her father that she saw commit these crimes.

Faith is released from a psychiatric hospital just in time for the ten year anniversary of the murders.  Faith wants one thing: she wants to get to the truth and make sure the murderer pays for the crimes. Other people in her life want her to stay sober and focus on rebuilding her life. Her mother has everything ready for her to start her life too - AA meetings and a sponsor, therapy, an apartment, a car, and even some possible job opportunities.

I don’t want to give away anymore information than this though - I don't write spoilers!  This was a fast read and I kept turning the pages to see who was the killer.  Greyson’s writing is great – it pulls in the reader right away.  The characters in this story are very well developed and the plot has some pretty awesome twists and turns to keep readers guessing.

I received an advanced readers digital copy of this book from NetGalley and in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to provide a positive review but I chose to because it was a great book!! Thank you NetGalley!
Reading The Girl Who Lived is like watching a great psychological thriller movie because of how brilliantly Greyson's storytelling is. This is one of those books that readers will try to finish reading in one sitting because that is how interesting and exciting the story is. I wonder now on when will come the time for movie or tv producers to make this a movie or TV series of this excellent novel.
This is the first Christopher Greyson book I've read, so I really had no expectations going in. I was in the mood for something creepy, and this book delivered just that. It was a quick read that kept me guessing until the very end. I will absolutely recommend this to fans of Final Girls, or anyone looking for a good thriller.
My first encounter with this author came via Jack of Hearts, a recent entry in his series featuring detective Jack Stratton. That one made a favorable impression - I look forward to the next one, hint, hint - and when I ran across this new standalone, I considered giving it a try. When I read the description, I was convinced that reading it would be a good idea - so even though it was just days before the release date, I requested, and was approved for, an advance copy (thank you).

In fact, it turned out to be a great idea; my concern that I might not get it finished on time vanished after a handful of chapters. NFL and college football games came and went unwatched, Lawrence Welk got recorded, and I even skipped at least one lunch because I couldn't bring myself to put it down. A 5-star rating? A no-brainer.

The book's title reflects the title of another book - one written by the mother of Faith Winters. Ten years earlier, Faith's beloved sister Kim and two others died violent deaths, reportedly at the hand of her father, who then committed suicide. Faith, who was present at the time, managed to hide out in the dark woods. She escaped certain death, yes, but she was left with deep psychological wounds. Faith's mother, a therapist, worked through her own grief by way of writing a tell-all book about the daughter - Faith - who survived.

Faith continued to bury her anguish by way of alcohol, temper tantrums and other behavioral no-nos, which in turn landed her in a psychiatric hospital. But now, close to the anniversary of the murders, she gets the okay for release - on the condition that she return to the hometown in which all the blood was shed and participate in group therapy programs. No matter what she tries, though, she's not able to shake off the trauma of her past - nor her belief that the father she loved did not commit the awful crimes. That's because she'd seen another person at the scene back then - an unknown man she calls "Rat Face."

But alas, no one - not even the police - believed her then, nor do they believe her now. Even when she spots him once again, everyone thinks it's all in her twisted mind. Everyone, that is, except Rat Face, who learns that Faith has spotted him again. Now, he - and possibly his partners in crime - must do whatever it takes to keep from being identified, including making sure that this time, they leave no witnesses. Several twists and turns lead to an exciting conclusion (I won't say it's totally satisfying, but the loose ends get pretty well tied up). In short? Very well done and highly recommended.
The Girl Who Lived – Christopher Greyson

I was fortunate to receive this novel as an Advance Reader Copy, in exchange for an objective review.

Faith is a survivor – if you can call her that. On the weekend of her tenth birthday, she watched helplessly as her father, sister, best friend, and best friend’s mother were murdered at their lake cabin, before running away to avoid death herself. Despite her claims of an unknown man as the killer, (whom she has nicknamed Rat Face), her father is presumed to have committed the crimes before killing himself and the case is closed. As the girl who lived, Faith has since been in and out of psychiatric care, developed a substance abuse problem, and has displayed violent tendencies. As the book opens, Faith is hospitalized, but is about to be released back into the community w/ outpatient psychiatric care and parole visits.

Despite warnings to the contrary by her therapist mother, one of Faiths first visits is to a bar, where she downs several shots of whiskey. As she’s leaving the establishment, she sees Rat Face drive by – and he sees Faith as well. But her reports are met with skepticism by the local police. Only Henryka, an FBI agent, appears to take her seriously.

And so begins a novel with so many serpentine twists and turns, you will be racing through the pages just to see what happens nex!. Every character carries out actions leading you to wonder if they are friend or foe – all racing up to a dramatic conclusion that you can’t even conceive of…   Un-put-downable!!  I’m still reeling…   This is the second novel I’ve read by Christopher Greyson, and it will not be my last! An absolute MUST READ! Fabulous!!
The Girl Who Lived by Christopher Greyson is the first book I’ve read by this author and most definitely won’t be my last! This stor story kept me on the edge of my seat! It's a real page turner with a great twist that you won't see coming. One of the best thrillers that I've read in a long, long time. Will definitely be looking up more titles by Christopher Greyson.
Fast, easy read. It kept me guessing until the end & had many twists and turns. This was a very busy book maybe a little too busy as I was getting the characters mixed up.
Wow - just wow! I loved this one so much. I stayed up until 4 am finishing this in one sitting. I liked that Faith wasn't a Girl Scout. She had real issues with anger and didn't hold back what she thought. I can't wait to read more from this author.