The Last Equation of Isaac Severy

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 Mar 2018

This book captivated my attention immediately and I was intrigued by the mystery.  I loved the idea of a mathematician creating such a powerful predictive equation!  Given how excited I was about the plot and that I thought Nova Jacobs did a great job with the writing, I was surprised that I still found my attention wandering a bit and that I didn't care about the characters more. Still, I found this  an enjoyable read and one that many readers will enjoy.
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I read the description. A book store owner? A mathematician? Somehow, it all comes together in this fabulous mystery/thriller. One I got a 1/3 of the way through I could not put it down.

The Last Equation of Isaac Severy follows the brilliant Severy family after their patriarch, Isaac, allegedly commits suicide. Isaac was a brilliant mathematician and he posthumously sends Hazel, his adopted granddaughter, a request: find his final equation and give it to a trusted colleague before it falls into the wrong hands. Isaac doesn’t make it easy for Hazel, however; he leaves her a series of clues to guide her search. Hazel isn’t the only person hunting for the equation; a mysterious organization is also searching for it. In the midst of the quest to find the hidden equation, the author delves into the Severy’s, revealing troubling family secrets. The various mysteries revealed in...

See Full Review