One and Done

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 Dec 2017

This was a light and fun book. The characters were sweet and interesting, and the holiday destination made for creative outings. I found myself getting a little frustrated at times - I mean, hello, Balen? When do the secrets ever not lead to disaster? Men. 🙄

But otherwise, a unique, enjoyable read.
This was such a sweet read I really enjoyed it the storyline pulled me right in and I did not want to put it down.Autumn and Balen were both wonderful characters that had both been hurt before and had sworn off falling in love every again they were just perfect for each other a super sweet romance I cannot wait to try more from Melynda in the future.
I loved this books sense of humor and the characters and their quirkiness. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author. I hoping a Summer and next door neighbor novel.

One and Done, by Melynda Price is a contemporary romance, and it's the first book in the Island of Love book series.

Autumn Harris is celebrating her 30th birthday with a surprise vacation to Cyprus planned by her best friend, Summer. Due to a family emergency, Summer has to abandon their trip, yet she insists that Autumn still go the the Island of Love and follow through with her surprise plans...according to the Best Friends Guidebook for Having Fun.

Balen Kroft is a top ranked surfer currently dealing with a social media scandal, and he's thrilled that Autumn doesn't recognize him. Instead she believes Balen is an unemployed and homeless surfer living in Cyprus, which...

See Full Review
I received this book through Netgalley and this is my honest review...

Holy Angst Ridden/Driven Romance!Get this tissue box read and prepare to have red eyes, a runny nose and a temporary broken heart. This book grabs you by the heartstrings and takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride! There's an HEA but our couple has to work for it!

We have two brokenhearted souls not looking for love, one post divorce and the other post broken engagement.  It's my first book by author Melynda Price and I hope it won't be my last! I caught myself getting mad at characters and telling them to talk it out more than once.
A quick, cute read about a woman who is supposed to go on the trip of a lifetime with her BFF only for her BFF to get called back home at the absolute last minute due to a death in her family.  The BFF made a scrapbook of things for Autumn to complete to make the trip even that much better.  The first one of course is a one night stand with some random guy.

While the book is fairly predictable, it has it's humorous moments mixed in as Balen tries to help Autumn complete each item in the scrapbook.

One and Done is the perfect heated vacation romance with feelings being dealt with in a progressive manner.

I really liked this. The plot is interesting with Balen, an international surfing champion who just had his sex tape surface the internet, going under the covers for a while till the tape can go low and his sponsor would be back on board. Autumn, who has recently broken up a relationship, is on her way to a get-away vacation. And both are headed to the same place. Things definitely heat up when Autumn decided to share her residence with Balen. The overall story line is quite different and I liked it for that. There isn't an instant love track; Balen is a jerk when they both...

See Full Review
I would love to find my own Balen, especially if he comes with an island paradise. Reading about how Autumn faced some of her fears was enough for me to want to do it myself. This was a fun book to read and would satisfying anyone looking for a romance with a little bit of adventure thrown in. Will we get a Summer or Connor book soon? I hope so.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.

Balen and Autumn meet on an airplane. He is headed home, and she is headed on a vacation.

I loved the connection they have with one another, and I loved that at the beginning, when you first meet Balen, he is sort of a jerk. Well, not sort of, he is and Autumn calls him on it.

Balen is a well-known professional surfer, and it seems that the only person in the world who doesn't know who he is. And, he likes this, the idea that the time she spends with him is because of him, and not because of who he is.

Autumn's friend Summer leaves her a book, a list of things she needs to do while on vacation. Some of the items on the list are maybe a little less easy to pull off than the...

See Full Review
Who doesn't love a holiday romance? I really enjoyed this one and struggled to put it down. It made me smile, laugh out loud in places and swoon plenty. You really should add this one to your library.

i voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book

See Full Review

Autumn Harris is still dealing with the fallout to her self-esteem from her divorce 2 years after the fact. Her best friend since childhood books them a trip of a lifetime on the Island of Love to celebrate Autumn’s 30th birthday. At the last minute, her friend bails due to a family death, but insists Autumn continue on. Once there, she discovers the itinerary her friend had set up for them.

Balen Kroft is on the same plane as Autumn and has been labeled a douche due to a run in while getting on the plane. Once off the plan, they have another unpleasant interaction, and go their separate ways. Balen is the golden boy, bronzed by the sun, beautiful eyes and muscled, with women falling all...

See Full Review

Excellent book!! I really enjoy this author's writing style and she didn't disappoint in the least with this one. These characters came to life for me and I felt every emotion right along with them. The characters are beautifully developed and the storyline was fresh and unique.

Autumn Harris needs to get back out there and live again. After a terrible divorce she's stopped really living. When her best friend plans a trip to Cyprus for them Autumn finds herself in the middle of a big adventure when her friend has to stay home but sends Autumn off with a plan. First thing to accomplish - get laid! A one and done encounter is what it was meant to be but Balen Kroft...

See Full Review
This was a great book to read and I really did enjoy this book from start to finish. Very well written with a great storyline and amazing characters that you will enjoy reading about there journey through the book. Would recommend this book to everyone
Interesting enjoyable read about Autumn and Balen who met on the Autumn vacation. Autumn receives a vacation for her birthday with instruction from her best friend. But with marking her first steps in her life comes Balen a sexy surfer and suddenly they are living together and marking the others steps together. Of course, proximity and attraction are strong and they fell for each other the only problem are secrets and not talking about true feelings. Both Autumn and Balen have a lot of baggage but somehow when they are together it is easy to acknowledge and overcome them and once again start to believe in love again. I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for Netgelly
I couldn't put it down until I was finished. I love a good romance novel and this one was so so good. Steamy and had a great plot. I loved it. Highly recommend it if you enjoy a good romance novel.

One and Done (Island of Love #1) by Melynda Price is a must read for this year! I was given an advanced copy by the publisher through Netgally. I officially want to be the book fairy and buy this for everyone who loves a good romance read and move to Cypress to find my own Pro Surfer. I have never read anything by Ms. Price but I am officially a big fan. Autumn is a beautiful woman in her 30s who has had a rough go at Love her best friend Summer books them on a trip to Cypress and Balen is the bad boy surfer who wakes up not only her body but her heart. The story is seamlessly written flows well and you can’t put it down. There connection is amazing the story is like the scavenger hunt...

See Full Review
This book is simply amazing. It's the best I've read in a while.
Autumn and Balen are both wonderful well written characters. You can't help but root for them.
Balen is a surfer who is down on his luck and tiered of being used. Autumn divorced still getting over all the hurt. You can't help but understand Autumn and her hesitations. I rooted for them and loved every bit of their story. This is a must read!!!

4 1/2 Surfing Stars!

It's Autumn's 30th birthday and her friend Summer is taking her on a vacation to the "Island of Love" so she can get back in the saddle after her divorce 2 years ago. But when Summer can't go with her, she makes Autumn go by herself because she really needs to find herself. Balon is a surfing champion, but he is on the verge of loosing some of his endorsement contracts due to a leaked sex tape and his constant bad behavior. He needs to lay low while things cool down and what better way to do it than with the beautiful redhead he met on the plane. Autumn's first task is to find a "one and done" guy to end her sexless streak and...

See Full Review

The woman who takes a trip to forget everything after having been dumped by her boyfriend/husband and then meets a new guy has become a standard romance novel plot. This is an enjoyable version for that rather clichéd storyline. The hero is a world champion surfer whom she encounters on the plane traveling to Crete. I wouldn’t have known that Crete is a location for surfing or that there are millions to be made by a champion surfer.

Autumn has her own problems getting over a bad marriage and when her best friend abandons her on the plane on their way to a dream vacation in Crete, the stage is set for her to have a romance with the sexy hunk ogling her on the plane. He doesn’t tell...