The Vitamin Cure

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 24 Oct 2018

Very easy to understgand refernence book on vitamins and nutrition. The condition, along with the breakdown of the vitamin, history, usage, etc is a great reference tool. This book should be in every home. Very useful and helpful. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book. Although I received the book in this manner, it did not affect my opinion of this book nor my review.
I really enjoyed this book! I think it is a great resource for the home to refer back to as needed. It is very informative and each vitamin is laid out with its history, use, deficiency symptoms and causes, and prevention and treatment (including RDAs, food high in these nutrients, drug interactions, etc.)

I really enjoyed Part III & IV which included tips on healthy living and discussing various diseases and their association with vitamins.

The book is very comprehensive and includes all the information you need to know how about vitamins and consumption and utilizing them to improve your health and prevent disease. It also clearly states references to back up claims, which is always a plus and essential for any legitimate health book.  A must read!
Lots  of useful information and facts backed by science. Well organized and easy to browse through. Will give me a lot to think about the next time I stroll down the vitamin aisle.
A hefty summary of the effects of each known vitamin and mineral listing their effects,history,dosages ...
That is topped with some scientific health tips and guides for treating various common/chronic diseases and ailments.

I would reccomend this book for anyone who's looking to know more about the various micronutrients in our food ,especially to a diet/nutrition begginer who doesn't already know much about them. To such a begginer this book would provide scientifically based knowledge and the person would avoid some common lies/misconceptions that are commonly found on the internet.
This book to me was a disappointment, I was hoping for so much more from it, especially more info on vitimans methofoloate B12,methyl-B12,and turmeric since my son has started a new diet with these added supplements for his Crohn's Colitis. Also I was hoping for new info on diets for his condition but instead I found a very short poorly updated section on Fibromyalgia instead. Not saying all of this book was bad some might find it very helpful... I just didn't.
This is a wonderful layout of the use of vitamins.  Vitamins are an important part of health, yet so poorly used.  This is an easy read to let you know which you should be taking and which you should not.  I would recommend it.
i consider this my definitive guide to vitamins. I have been searching for a sensible guide to vitamin use and their effect on our health for some time. This book answers all my questions and gives sensible advice to the reader. I will be buying a hard copy for my health library to use forever as my go to guide about vitamins.  This is comprehensive and  complete. A very highly recommend book to anyone seeking information that is complete about vitamins.
Thank you for the ARC which does not influence my personal review.
This is a very useful book which I am sure I will use frequently for reference.   I especially liked the format where the author lays out the science first and then gives recommendations for both prevention and treatment.  The index at the end of the book summarizing these recommendations is also of benefit.  Recommended.

My thanks to NetGalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest review.
I've been looking for a nutritional reference guide that explains specifically what each vitamin does in the body, and how they interact. This book does the job. It's good as a reference book.

It will be my *Go To* book on Vitamins. Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about Vitamins is in this book! It is well writen, easy to understand and a must read for anyone interested in knowing about this essential nutrient.
The Vitamin Cure: Clinically Proven Remedies to Prevent and Treat 75 Chronic Diseases and Conditions is a concise, comprehensive and extensive reference compiled in an easy to read format. I have read several books on vitamins and nutrition. This book is one of the most exhaustive and reader friendly. I am sure I will be referring to this for years to come.  It includes useful information on vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, as well as extensive tips on staying well and the prevention and treatment of diseases and conditions.  I was fortunate to receive an advanced reader copy provided to me by the publisher through NetGalley. This did not affect my rating. I have provided an unbiased and honest review.