The Laws of Invincible Leadership

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Dec 2017

This is a good, quality book on successful leadership that strikes a positive tone in such uncertain times.  The author clearly is a good orator and story teller and focuses on many topics missed by similar titles.  I particularly liked the section on strategy and tactics, the discussion of surprise tactics (later in the book), the entire section on overcoming recession, and loved the statement: "Easy solutions can invite evil into business and life.".  WOW!   That's a great point.  There are a lot of deep and meaningful ideas in the last section of the book: "Optimizing your leadership capability" - including some on manifestation and EQ (in general).  Connections to other resources in those areas would have been a nice addition, but the author's goal is to lay out some basics and leave the remaining effort to you as a reader.
Overall, I am very happy with this book and will be recommending this to colleagues!
This book provides insights and strategies that inform successful thinking and inspires you to look beyond your weaknesses and strengths. I found chapter Four: Get Support from others timely because it's the one thing I struggle with and his examples of the musician's art and workplace productivity were key in highlighting the importance of teamwork.
Inasmuch as I read this book in three days, I believe as a guide it's best read a chapter or two a day, or you can select a chapter to read based on what you are grappling with. Thank you NetGalley for the arc.