Dead Eye

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 10 Jan 2018

I absolutely adored this offering from an author who I normally associate with steamy paranormal romance. Having devoured her Warriors of Poseidon series I had no hesitation in snatching this book up even though the cover and indeed the synopsis promised something very different. Definitely a more quirky setting that in many ways reminded me of Midnight Texas but there's a huge connection to her previous work and believe it or not it's tiger shaped!
Tess has inherited half a very exotic pawn shop after its owners murder and finally his nephew Jack has returned home to claim his half. I'd like to say it's all love and roses right from the start but where's the fun...

See Full Review

Jack Shepherd, soldier, weretiger, veteran, is returning home to Dead End, a tiny town in isolated rural Florida, to handle his dead uncle’s affairs. And his pawn shop

A shop part owned by Tess, a young woman who is determined to keep the business going, is good at what she does and has little time for him

Whatever conflicts they may have can’t be spared any time though when a body appears on the shop’s doorstep: and it’s not the fist. No-one told Jack how his uncle died.

Looking at this cover I was struck by an overwhelming sense of Sookie Stackhouse Series. Now, normally I shy away from comparisons to other book series as it inevitably tends to cast the books your talking about in a...

See Full Review
This was such a difference from her other works. I really enjoyed this one. I want to learn more about the town's characters. I hope she keeps this series going.

Dead Eye is a paranormal romance blended with a cozy mystery, combined with a strong set of characters this made for an entertaining and well balanced story. All the characters are strong and easily related to which makes it easy for readers to become caught up in the happenings and ensures that they want to keep reading as well as ensuring that they continue to want to visit the town of Dead Eye. Also, the tension building mystery keeps readers on the edge of their seat with danger and thrills and it has a hint of romance just to spice things up, oh and I mustn’t forget that there were quite a few surprises in store for Jack as he discovers his inheritance which kept me on my toes as well...

See Full Review

Dead Eye is a fun paranormal mystery. As a reader, it reminded me of the Southern Vampire Mysteries that were eventually turned into the HBO series, True Blood. But the similarities lie in the fact it’s a fictional universe that has a large variety of paranormal creatures that are “out of the coffin.”

This book incorporates the quirky characters and situations that I love in cozy mysteries and adds a paranormal twist that elevates the storyline. Tess is an every day kind of girl, with the exception that she can foresee your death if she touches you. She lives a fairly normal life and spends most of her days running the pawn shop she inherited. However, things change as a dead body is...

See Full Review
From the cover art to the premise, this is practically a True Blood/Southern Mysteries/Sookie Stackhouse knock off. That is absolutely great if that's what you want, but it wasn't for me.
Dead Eye is a cute paranormal cozy mystery with the right amount of romance and suspense.  I like the characters and look forward to anymore books in this series.

Dead Eye is a cute paranormal cozy with an adorable heroine and a sexy hero who is itching to make her purr. Tess Callahan is sweet, smart and funny. She runs the Dead End pawnshop where a quirky array of residents bring their items to pawn and where visiting tourists find everything they never knew they had to have. But life isn't all taxidermied gators and vampire fangs, Jeremiah, Tess’s boss, was murdered and left on the pawnshop steps. And now just as his son Jack returns to town, another body is dropped at the shop. Jack is determined to get justice for his father and Tess is happy to help - so long as he keeps his hands to himself.

Dead Eye is a cute paranormal cozy. It...

See Full Review
This book is very similar to the Sookie Stackhouse series, both in the design of the cover and the supernatural being a major part of the story. Given that, this book does have it's own good points and will appeal to anyone that enjoys both supernatural and mysteries.

I first met Jack Shepherd during the Warriors of Poseidon series and I was very intrigued with him, so I was looking forward to the release of Dead Eye and the beginning of the Tiger’s Eye Mysteries. I just knew that I would love this new series because of how much I loved all the books in the Warriors of Poseidon series and guess what? I am not disappointed, it is quite different but just as enjoyable and I was completely caught up in the suspense and the quirky town that Alyssa Day created. It is full of zany characters with some eccentric traits which adds some laughs and an overall sense of wonder which of curious spiked my curiosity along with building the suspense of who done it...

See Full Review
An enjoyable paranormal read that reminded me of the Sookie Stackhouse series. I wouldn't mind reading the second book!
This is the first book in the supernatural cozy mystery series. It was very creative. It had humor and good imagery. Does a past murder tie into the new murder? This entertained a bit more than the average reader since I am from Florida and a lot of the terms made me smile because it is familar. Jacksonville Jaguars and snow birds being a few. Great action, drama and a little romance. There is kiddnapping, murders, and bad guys. Well written and had fun banter between characters. I hope to get to know them better.
Tess has inherited half of the pawnshop after the murder of the owner Jeremiah. His nephew, Jack, is back from the military upon getting word of his demise. Caught in a mystery of another body dropped off behind the store, Tess and Jack hunt for the killer of Jeremiah and how the new murder is tied to his. Very good mystery, a little romance, clean read, great characters.
Jack Shepherd is a weretiger. He has just inherited half ownership of a pawn shop in Dead End Florida. Being a former soldier, jack has no interest in a pawn shop. He just wants to go there, get rid of his half, and move on. When he meets the other owner Tess and finds out that his uncle didn't die of natural causes, his plans change. Now he has to find the murderer. I really liked this book. The town and characters are interesting. It is a fun read.
I have to confess, this is a second read for me. The humor wasn't old, I still found it funny and fun! If you're looking for something full of humor and light then this is for you. A delightful piece of escape.
A great first book. Cant wait to read following book.
If you like your mysteries with humor and a bit of magic this is the story for you. This is a spin-off from another series but can be read stand alone with no issues.
Who says you can’t go home again. You can but things will be very different as tiger shape-shifter Jack Shepherd finds out when he comes home after the war. His uncle was murdered and little Tess Callahan is all grown up and now your partner. Things are always strange in Dead Eye but things have gotten weirder than usual and Jack and Tess are determined to get to the bottom of it hopefully before it kills them.
I really got a kick out of this. Fans of Charlaine Harris will enjoy this book.
I'm bummed I didn't look properly and this is only the first book which I have read before. I love Alyssa books., she has interesting story lines and great characters. I really enjoy this series but I am hanging out for the next League of the Black Swan. I find Alyssa's books frustrating in regards to release dates, they keep changing!!!!

Dead Eye is a light-hearted paranormal romance from a gem of an author, Alyssa Day.

Jack, a tiger shifter, just found out that his uncle died while he was away serving in a secret ops unit. When he returns he discovers that he inherited his uncle's estate and that he is now the co-owner of a pawn shop with a spunky young woman from his past, Tess. Soon after arriving at the pawn shop a dead body shows up at the pawn shop's door. The body was murdered in the same manner his uncle was murdered…which is all news to Jack. Jack didn't know his uncle was murdered and now he will stop at nothing to uncover who killed his uncle.

Jack together with Tess must unravel the danger...