Wolf Blood

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 10 Jan 2018

The apocalypse is beginning

Werewolves have come to London, and subtly put their plans in motion. Their actions lost and mistaken for a rampant increase in serial killing and a new deadly plague taxing the resources of the city.

As people react to the growing panic, the growing demand on emergency services - very few people guess the truth and several people find themselves on the front line of the upcoming war.

This book is a dystopian development story, as we begin the eve of an apocalypse - this time with werewolves rather than the more traditional zombies.

Which is a grossly simplistic way to sum up this book. Like many of the good dystopians, this is less about the specific...

See Full Review

It starts with a professor, cast out of the scientific community for discovering a serum that can turn people into wolves, and ends with a rampage in London where humans are turned into killing lycanthropes.

This has such a unique premise, different from the normal apocalypse type novels, centring on wolves as opposed to zombies etc and I certainly appreciated the change of perspective. It was creative and imaginative.

The tension and general chaos that envelopes London is detailed well, and it does get very gory at times. The descriptions help to build a great sense of unease, and you do get a general feeling of dread running throughout the novel which builds well until the end. It does...

See Full Review
This book was a slog it was a struggle to get through, i normally really enjoy horror stories but this book  was not very interesting
I was given this as an ARC from NetGalley for a review.

I am not sure what to make of Wolf Blood for me I found it very slow and dragged for me so much so it took nearly a week to read it I do not like to start a book and not finished though. I really did want to enjoy Wolf Blood but this was not my cup of tea. Just because I found this to be a slow read does not mean that someone else will not like it.
It's not often that I read about an Apocalypse that isn't brought on my zombies. The background is well thought out and the book is well written. Not 100% my cup of tea, but if you like a good werewolf story, than give this a try.

Horror fans are in for a treat! These werewolves are cunning and unstoppable at spreading the lycanthropy disease. I was very excited to read this. This author pulls out all the stops so there's lots of gore and action to be had among these pages. Loved this from the moment I started reading. This is the first book in the series, so yes, it does end on a cliffhanger, but now I can't wait for book two.

We start off with Professor Norman Wiseman who is studying the lycanthropy disease in Romania when unfortunate mishaps occur. Then the rest of this takes place in London where the werewolf apocalypse spreads like the plague. This switches around to the different characters this...

See Full Review
This book sort of fell flat for me. I am usually a huge fan of werewolves but j felt like the characters and the wkrld had little dimension.

I have to admit that this book caught me completely by surprised. I totally freaking loved it! The word building is intense and the characters are very well developed. This story starts off with Professor Wiseman proving that werewolves do exist, or in this case Lycanthropy. While he is discredited and basically called all manners of names by his peers, his students believe him. Case in point 3 of his students have turned from human into werewolves. Veritable shapeshifters and their plan is to change every human and infect them with the same virus. Lol. I love werewolves and this story took me on a totally different ride and I was pleasantly thrilled. Great start to a wonderful series!!!...

See Full Review

With the popularity of George Romero movies, The Walking Dead, and any of the many other zombie movies out recently, Steve Morris has shown us the true coming of the Apocalypse. With Lycanthropic, Morris has created a new series, of which Wolf Blood is the first installment, in which the werewolf is the true harbinger of the End Times. .
Professor Norman Wiseman has discovered that werewolves do exist, but his warning to the world falls on a disbelieving scientific community. He is discredited, but his students not only believe but eagerly become the creatures. In their human state, they do what they can to create more of their kind. This does not bode well for the rest of humanity, to...

See Full Review

Wolf Blood reads completely unlike most other werewolf novels out there. For one thing, it isn't a curse and the focus is on science not magic or the esoteric, which I found made a refreshing change. In fact it read more like a zombie apocalypse scenario but with werewolves rather than zombies and that really worked for me. Morris gives the story the time it needs, building the suspense and holding back the monster - again unlike most other werewolf stories which to focus less on world building and more on short, violent animalistic action sequences. The characters were engaging and I was quickly hooked. I can't wait to see how the rest of this series turns out. Those who enjoyed...

See Full Review
Steve Morris hit it out of the park with this amazing book. I love apocalyptic books, but it seems like the same thing every time...zombies. To have a book where the spreading virus is lycanthropy is not only refreshing, but truly exciting. Getting to see how the virus spread and the research the professor made this book move to the top of my favorites list. I absolutely love horror books and I cannot wait to read more of this series.

Wolf Blood is the first book in a new werewolf series that should appeal to fans of good old-fashioned horror. Be forewarned, this is a far cry from the typical trend of young adult/paranormal romance werewolf books that have been the trend as of late, which is definitely not a criticism. This book gets right to the point, opening up in the forests of Romania in the dead of winter where a professor has himself holed up in a cabin where he's been experimenting with a virus that brings about lycanthropy in some victims. The virus breaks loose, spreading from the forests of Romania to London. These aren't your typical blood thirsty werewolves. They begin unleashing an evil plot to...

See Full Review
Werewolves abound in the fast paced read. I love reading about werewolves but usually you have vampires mixed in also. Not the case in this book. This book does not disappoint. Enjoyed it immensely.

4 stars

Please be aware that is a cliffhanger of sorts. The next in this series is to be published.

Dr. Wiseman is in trouble. He is the author of a breakthrough treatise on lycanthropy – the changes exhibited in people who complete the transformation from human to wolf. He was laughed out of the scientific community. Even his friends abandoned him. He retreated to the Carpathian Mountains with three research assistants. Slowly, the students became infected with the disease.

Some moths later in London, the three students embark upon an orgy of murder and mayhem in the streets of London. Human by day, wolf during the full moon, the students, Leanna, Adam and Samuel run amok. As they bite...

See Full Review

I received an advance copy from net galley for review.

It can be hard to do a good werewolf story. They usually fall into 2 categories. The old school type story of "i'm cursed" story line like the original wolf man film, or the earth protector, wolf pack story line, like twilight and such.

This is neither and incredibly refreshing. I really enjoyed the book. It starts out with a Professor Wiseman in a cabin in the carpathian mountains. He is trapped in this cabin with two former student assistants howling outside in the distance. The feeling of dread is palpable. The opening reminds me a bit of the evil dead film in a way,trapped in a cabin. It seems that the Professor...

See Full Review

My genre is romance but very occasionally a book comes along that pulls me out of my romance filled comfort zone and this was one of those books.
I can’t even tell you exactly what it was about the cover and the blurb that drew me in but it did.

Honestly this book wasn’t exactly what I expected and that’s not a criticism at all, it was more.

I want to say it’s a slow build but that’s not exactly true it starts in the Carpathian Mountains of Romania where Professor Norman Wiseman is holed up.
It’s safe to say his life has definitely taken a turn for the worst. Until recently he’d been Professor of Emerging Diseases but after making an unbelievable discovery (that a virus was...