I Burned Down His House

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Jan 2018

An okay read. The characters were real cute. The story cute. If you are a dog love you will laugh and relate to Karma. Nothing makes this book stand out as special. Other reviews say this was the best in the series. This is the first book I have read of Jessica Frances.  But if you like Chick Lit ROM Com you will enjoy.
This was a fun romance novel that was mixed with suspense and mystery! I really enjoyed this novel and the only thing is I wish I read the first two first but this can still be read as a kick ass standalone.
I really loved this series I have read read the first two books in this series and loved it looking forward for more..

So, I went into this book not knowing much. I just took a quick glace at the cover and figured I'd give it a shot. What I didn't realize was that it was apart of a series which I just jumped into blindly. (Clearly I ignored the fact that it does say on the cover that its the third book.) I didn't even think about it until i was reading and it was clear that a few of the characters that were mentioned in the book was from the previous ones. I think I would appreciated the characters more if I had read the other books, but I honestly don't feel like I missed out. If anything it had sparked my interest in seeing what happened previously before this book was made.

Now that...

See Full Review
Beginning to end this book was fabulous. Not much else I can say except; read it!
OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was such a fun read! This whole series has been amazing so far, really. Teagan has to be my new favorite 'leading lady'.. I love how relatable and clumsy she is. I had originally planned on just reading a chapter or two to make myself sleepy enough to sleep, but totally ended up staying up until 2 a.m. and finishing the book in a sitting, haha. Definitely will be purchasing this book in the future.. and am super stoked to eventually read the 4th book in the series!
4.5stars
This one is another amazing story from the series. Great, funny love story combined with mystery suspense humor, great family, and friends. Both Tegan and Joe are great, likable interesting. It is great to see Tegan back with the living and the more calm side of Joe, not the womanizer. It was great to see how easily had gang accepted Tegan. I loved the humor in the book, the passion, and strong friendship. It was also great to see another strong woman- that Teagan decided to fight and not be the victim.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for Netgelly
4 stars.
This is a really fun series of crime capers. I previously read book 1 in the series and since then have wanted to read more.
This one was so much fun and I was really loving it a lot until almost the very end, when for whatever crazy reason the author decided to do away with one of my favorite central characters in this story. Shame on you- Jessica Frances!
Otherwise a great read and I really couldn't deduct any stars for something that is my pet peeve (literally speaking).
Funny, suspenseful and great ending! I loved this book! It had a good mix of girly and suspense. I liked the twists and turns too! I will definitely recommend it to friends!

Teagan is in love with her next-door neighbor Joey Kim. She has never made a move though as he seems always to have a different woman leaving his apartment and after she was burned by her ex-husband Jarrod and best friend Natasha, she has found it hard to trust and date again. She does, however, does him little favors like tend to his dog Karma. One night, Karma is barking away, and Teagan figures that she is hungry. Teagan lets herself in and notices that Joey's place is a mess and freezing. So she decides to light a match, but as she is holding the match Karma knocks her over, and Teagan finds herself accidentally burning down Joey's house. This leads to her in a police...

See Full Review

I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that the name was the first thing about this book to grab my attention - I mean, you don’t come across a “I Burned Down His House” title very often, so how could you not be pulled in? I think I read all the synopsis, but honestly, I would have read this even if I hadn’t because it looked and sounded too intriguing and funny not to. And I’m so glad that I did and that I found I Burned Down His House because it was one hundred percent amazing. I loved this book so hard, I seriously could not get enough of it!

I love both Joey and Teagan a lot and while usually the hero is my favorite, Teagan actually beat him to the finish line, so I’ll talk about Joey...

See Full Review
I liked this book. The heroine is somewhat clumsy and most of the time pretty entertaining. It would be a good vacation read.

Yet another book by Jessica Frances that I thoroughly enjoyed.
I just love her sense of humor... all that witty dialogue and hilarious banter, paired with some suspense and amazing characters that are right up my alley.
Joey was such a sweetheart (though a total man whore until he and the heroine got closer), Teagan was lovably awkward, and don't even get me started on those side characters! I can't decide which one I loved most: Harvey, Grayson, Zander... so much testosterone!

Same issue as with the other books, though: the finale just didn't really do it for me. Considering how much time was spent building up the mystery and suspense part, the climax felt disappointingly...

See Full Review

I Burned Down His House was such a great read. This is the second book I've read from this author and the second book in this series that I've read, and I'm excited to read more. I enjoyed all of the characters but my favorite parts were definitely the ones with the girls; Cynthia, Ava, Sasha and Teagan will have readers laughing and smiling at their antics. Karma was definitely a handful and kept things interesting and I hated what happened to her. The action and suspense within this story was nonstop, making me finish this book in one sitting. I could not put it down. My only complaint would be the romance between the characters; I wanted more romance and I really wanted to...

See Full Review

So I think it's fair to say I have a new fav author to stalk. Obviously I've read the previous two books in this series however this story has cemented everything I was already thinking in regards to her and confirmed the fact that she kicks ass writing and I'm loving her.

Joey and Teagan's story is by far my favourite of the three to date.

Joey .... what I loved most about his character is that he doesn't change. He didn't apologise for who he was or feel the need to justify what he's done. What you see is what you get with him and while he has a past and he's a certified manwhore. He's also done nothing wrong therefore has no reason to be...

See Full Review

I read the first book in the series and really liked it, and after reading the blurb about this one, I thought it sounded really cute as well. Overall, I like the cast of characters in this series a lot; they are fun and interesting, as are the stories themselves. The combination of romantic comedy and romantic suspense makes for something a little different, and it meshes my two favorites. So what didn't I like about this one? Well, it's a personal thing, and revealing it is going to be a spoiler, so proceed with caution.

Spoiler Alert: I'm that gal with the t-shirt that says, "I don't care who dies in the movie as long as the dog lives." And that applies to...

4.5

Adorable read.  Very funny, lighthearted dialogue.  Would this be a romantic suspense or a romantic comedy?

A big thank you to NetGalley for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. First time reading this author.  This reads well as a stand alone book.  I rate this a 4.25.  I would have rated it higher except the book portrays guys who have a lot of one night stands are ok.  She watched women parade in and out of the house and that's ok?? Otherwise I enjoyed the book. I liked that the characters weren't perfect. Hence the burning down the house.  I thought it crazy that he was ok with that-a little out there but ok.  Found the plot was fresh and fun.  It has a little of everything romance, intrigue, suspense, comedy.  I think most romance readers would like this book.